1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

GMR Into The Renaissance

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Multiplayer' started by EEE_BOY, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Foffaren

Foffaren King

This is correct. Spain surronded Sevilla but quickly retreated once the fortifications were raised. The city is placed next to the mountains so you only have 2 land tiles and the gibraltar straights at its back. A part of the sea that is firmly in muslim hands.

2. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

This is incorrect. so far the Byzantium is making the attack, but soon the battle situation may change.

3. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

My congratulations (and prayers) to the beleaguered Empire for holding off the accursed Turks and Ayubidds!

Ah...my flagship reported seeing heathen fortifications under construction...

4. BlueCollar

BlueCollar Warlord

The Netherlands have traded a city to England? Now the message from Austria makes more sense.

5. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

He made an offer I could not refuse....at the time....

6. RStark

RStark Prince

When loading the last save file, I have noticed that Sweden's happiness raised to 16 from nearly zero points within a single turn. I haven't done anything in-game to influence the happiness in the last turn. Anyone else have noticed weirdness like me?

7. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

I'd noticed my GG wasn't displaying properly. The GG was only helping archers, and my GA no-one at all. Could we have someone fix the save file?

8. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

Did you have city connections last turn? Let me know if needed revert, but can only do so three days later

9. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

I don't think a reversion would help tbh. The current situation is by no means gamebraking however. Can a modder/Fixaris team perhaps be asked to do some debugging?

10. LostKnight

LostKnight A wandering knight

As Sweden's ally, I am happy that their citizens are finally feeling the love!

The only in-game explanation I could think of is religion. Maybe one(or more) or your neighbour converted a bunch of Sweden's cities, giving him a bunch of +:) ?

11. RStark

RStark Prince

Sweden's army have been fighting hard on its way to the capital of Byzantium. Constantinopole is situated on the narrow strait connecting Asia and Europe, so we have to face fire-spitting dromons which greatly outmatch Sweden's drakkars in the sea battles. Despite of all hardships, the Swedes are steadfast in the battle and have been gradually approaching the aim of their campaign.
    My ally Sultan, what happens on the other front between the turkish army and Byzantium? :)

12. LostKnight

LostKnight A wandering knight

After battling hard to defend our borders, we finally managed to defeat the Eastern empire's army. Great thanks must be said to the timely arrival of the great Ayyubid's cavalry, which broke trough the enemies ranks, charging down the hill with the break of dawn, a powerful light shining behind our forces blinding our adversary.

With our forces gathered, a great Muslim force will be coming from the east, and only the total capitulation of Byzantium will satisfy us.

13. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

You continue to support that unholy alliance do you? :(

By the way....

Dear Ṣalāḥ ud-Dīn Yūsuf ibn Ayyūb,

My troops noticed with interest your navy's attempts to gain passage to our Channel. Such requests are weighty matters, and the King's Treasury must be paid as surety against your typical aggression toward our brothers in the faith. We look forward to offers that are far more laden with gold than your last.

14. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

If the England proves to be hard to deal with, Ayyubids has no intention to do any business with you.

England attacked their own brother of the same faith (France) yet call the East Roman their true faith. It looks like the Christian world is doomed to depart.

15. RStark

RStark Prince

That is true.
    Gustavus Adolphus didn't want to wage wars on his brothers and sisters of faith from Netherlands and Austria, so he decided to attack the heretics of Russia or Byzantium.
    Russia should keep Mongolia in bay, so the swedish army made its way to borders of the civ which earned the highest game score...

King of Sweden called all rulers of Christendom to participate in the Crusade against the muslims ages ago. Nevertheless, all these pious leaders rejected his call for arms and chose to slaughter neighbour catholics.

16. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

An aside: Completely off (and on topic) - The Mongol has been gone for months. When is he due to be replaced?

The masters of the Joint Conclave have been increasingly concerned by the unchecked growth of the heretics. That said, it concerns me you have been working with heathens to slaughter the defenders of a faith that at least worships the same way that we do. If you are serious about the heathen threat, then work with the Byzantines to stop their advance!

====

As the masters of the Joint Conclave have already stated, the people that call themselves the 'French' are Normans. That usurper has stolen my birthright, and before long I shall have it back.

We are not hard people to deal with. However, passing through the King's lands, like everything else in the world, has a price. We look forward to a fair offer.

17. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

@England: normans or not, we find France is much better to do business with. If wasn't the French coastal city changed hands too quickly, we do not need to have anything to do with England. If the England wants to extort gold from us simply for passage, we would rather take our chance (war declared just to get through the narrow water channel).

18. Foffaren

Foffaren King

Arabs in England, swedes in Turkey and austrians all over the place.

And I'm just sitting here in my corner trying to fend off barbs...

19. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

*pat pat* Not going to lie, sounds relaxing man:goodjob:

Is the Mongolia AI even bothering you?

I see. *taps fingers* I don't think the Lords High Admiral would take kindly to such heedless provocation. You assume too much by half if you think that your troops would manage to get through in one piece.

20. RStark

RStark Prince

The host is not able to kick out from the game players in vacation mode. There is nothing left but hope that sprintonwater will come back to the game. :twitch: