1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

GMR Into The Renaissance

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Multiplayer' started by EEE_BOY, Sep 14, 2012.

1. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

Yii. Can the GMR staff boot him?

2. Foffaren

Foffaren King

North african nomads.

Yes.

3. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

We need to find a sub first. Anyone else watching this thread?

4. Heinage

Heinage Khan

I can help out if you want. Would need to resetup gmr stuff.
    Let me know if you want me to sub in

5. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

Happy to have you about man - really do need the Mongol hordes to keep the East interesting!:eek:

6. Heinage

Heinage Khan

Cool, send me an invite and I'll look to set things up later tonight.
    I'm in New Zealand btw

7. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

8. Heinage

Heinage Khan

Cheers, am curious to see what state it is in...
    Anybody have a quick - unbiased :p - history of what's happened so far (key points)?
    And how long is it on average between your turns?

EDIT: Don't worry, just read the thread :)

9. RStark

RStark Prince

We are only 62 turns into the game. So there were not many major events in the game.
    However, several alliances were formed:
    England & the Celts versus France.
    England & Nethterlands versus Austria.
    The Ayybidds (Arabia), the Turks & Sweden versus Byzantium.

There was also a minor conflict for Gibraltar between Moors and Spain.

About 6 days between the player's turns.

10. BlueCollar

BlueCollar Warlord

The Arab missionary should return home. Any further steps north or east will result in his death and a war. My armies would crush you in the open field. We suggest you stay safe behind your walls.

If anyone else is in on the city trading with the Netherlands, England and the Celts. Declare war on Austria first so he isn't wasting his game by moving his units back into position just to take one city.

11. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

Yii. Thought you guys were already at war o.o

As for the city trading thing, a comment from the Celts/Dutch/English:

Under more normal war mechanics one's troops simply don't get magically teleported away, if a city changes ownership in the middle of a war. They stay right there and fight on. So, if the host allows it, we would like to propose a reversion to the Celts last turn, so that he can declare war before accepting the city from the English.

12. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

Ok will revert to Celts.

Edit: it looks like the turn went too quick, so if turns are reverted, too many players need to redo their turns. Let's just live with the consequence this time and stick to the new rule regarding city trade&war next time, shall we?

13. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

And minor conflict between England and Ayyubids, which England tries to extort hefty fee simply for passage of exploration ship but refused by Ayyubids.

Looks like England is very active to piss off other civs:goodjob:

14. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

On that subject, your gambit I think has failed by the way. My navy is backed up by a wise sea lord, and so, you will not be getting by without exchanging several, very difficult, blows. :)

That said, the English are reasonable. So, a small 70 gold fee for passage is something we find workable...

15. RStark

RStark Prince

I think that we can go on without reverting turn to the Celts.
    It seems that everybody agrees not to make use of this game exploit anymore. If anyone wants to trade the city currently under siege, he should at first DoW the civ which has besieged the settlement.

@Heinage
    We Gustavus Adolphus King of Sweden are delighted to send our formal congratulations to newfound Khan raised to the throne of Golden Horde. We'll be pleased to sustain a peaceful relation between Mongolia and Sweden.
    We also would like to warn the Khan that considerable number of knights is attached to the swedish army invading Byzantium. As you know, a knight is a counter unit for your keshiks... So think twice before deciding to attack Sweden. :nono:

@all
    Gustavus Adolpus intends to become the next Emperor of Holy Roman Empire. Elections for this post is due to be held in 11 turns. He'll pay 75 pieces of gold to anyone (except for Byzantium), who casts his vote for Sweden.

16. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

Our vote cannot be bought! (That said, if you made a fairly reasonable (75 g) offer to help 'guide' our prayers...I'm 100% certain it would make a difference in the end!) :goodjob:

17. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

70g is more reasonable than 300, but no, Netherland is the only civ to meet there and it is weakened by Austria I assumed. At least we met Celts, so no gold to England.

Ayyubids also wants NO gold from Sweden. we Muslim brothers will not be easily bribed. And if our brothers are in short of gold to upgrade, Ayyubids will be happily supply them for free!

18. Foffaren

Foffaren King

You deny the true faith? You are a heathen and God will guide his true warriors to victory in this holy war. You should reconsider your belief. There will be no second chances.

19. PrimEval

PrimEval Warlord

Foffaren, would you like my Great Admiral? He is sitting by the Gibraltar. Give me open boarders and a small gold gift of your choosing and he is yours. Byzantium is falling to an onslaught of 3 armies. A gold donation will help us do more damage before we fall.

20. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

How much of a donation are you looking for?

England might be interested in such an offer.