1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Going for Gold: Founder Beliefs

Discussion in 'General Balance' started by Stalker0, May 16, 2018.

?

Is this item in a reasonable state of balance?

Poll closed May 30, 2018.
  1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Warlord

Hero Worship provides 100 :c5faith:/:c5goldenage: according to the changelog, not just 100 :c5faith:. I think we should leave it be.

2. Bromar1

Bromar1 Chieftain

What if HW gave all units the Great Generals 1 promotion?

3. Rekk

Rekk Chieftain

Still not liking Hero Worship's yields on city conquer. The number of yields still isn't the problem.

Bromar1 likes this.
  4. Cat-du-fromage

Cat-du-fromage Chieftain

Agree, the problem with that kind of condition, is that you must be in good conditions to war, because war can be very costly and even with the bonus of the founder, it is some time not worth it.

Unlike any other founder where the bonus is always acquired, the amount of yield may be strong or weak but it's never lost.

5. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

Hero Worship is performing very well - you should only take it if you want to run the risk of impotence by failing to use it. That's the nature of a conquest-oriented belief, like God of War.

G

6. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Warlord

Playing Hero Worship Aztecs and it really is a wholly different belief now, I can't say it's bad anymore. One needs to prepare himself for a slaughter, but if the bodies hit the floor and cities burn, the benefits are clear. Easy tons of yields.

7. black213

black213 Chieftain

What are your thoughts on the new and shiny Apostolic Tradition? I feel like it has been overbuffed, and the new culture does overlap with Way of the Pilgrim. Granted, my only experience with the belief so far was a Byz game where I combined the two aforementioned founders. That was fun and cheesy :)

8. Rhys DeAnno

Rhys DeAnno Chieftain

It feels quite strong just when you get it, since the food is often extremely relevant then too. It's great to max out a tradition capital very quickly, where you'll have both lots of tiles and lots of slots to work. The culture is strong too and has more stamina, but the belief as a whole is very focused on the period before religions get established; I think it's good if you manage an early found and/or are sort of far away from the other religions that have been founded early. Once every city around has a religion it gets a lot weaker, but you've already gotten a ton of early culture and a huge capital from it by then.

9. Cat-du-fromage

Cat-du-fromage Chieftain

i tried Apostolic Tradition and it was.. ok early then then totally deny passing renaissance, i was quite disappointed, maybe i used it wrong or i had bad conditions but you need too much missionaries to make it work in my opinion

10. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Warlord

How would you guys feel about Apostolic Tradition giving :c5faith:/:c5food: or :c5faith:/:c5gold: instead of :c5food:/:c5culture:? That would make it more unique in comparison to other spreading founders (giving Faith) and reduce conflict with WoTP.

11. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

Interesting, but dangerous.
    If you pick that with univerlismn enhancer belief and fealty, you may get too much faith back, so creating a very strong faith loop, making you totally op. Either you set the value very low to deny such a loop, but making it then irrelevant, or you set it to a normal value, but risk a dangerous combo for Byzanz, which would be then able to convert everything.

grmagne likes this.
  12. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Warlord

Hero Worship is the only Founder that gives :c5goldenage: and it's tied to warmongering.

I kind of miss the old Apostolic Tradition that gave +1:c5food:/:c5goldenage: per follower per spread you made, and I don't like how it now steps on Way of the Pilgrim toes. Is it possible to restore this, and to just cap it at 200 :c5food:/:c5goldenage: per spread?

13. Rhys DeAnno

Rhys DeAnno Chieftain

Is there a reason you want to nerf it in two dimensions at once? It's already not very strong as the game goes on, but as it is now you can get a good boost out of it with a GP even after religions are deeply dug in. Switching from :c5culture: to :c5goldenage: is probably already cutting the value of the belief in half if you don't do anything else.

Right now when I play Spain it's usually Council of Elders or Apolistic for me, I think I would never choose anything but CoE if this change happened.