Goodbye Rhye

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone wants to make a joke he could use some other topic but not DEATH:mad:

Like "Congratulations Rhye!" and than make up a letter from "Rhye" in Italian saying he fell in love, proposed and abandoning modding to focus on his new hot wife ;). One could add some cute details, like this girl is half-Roman half-Ethiopian :mischief:. Most people never met Rhye personally, so I myself could be easily fooled and had a big laugh afterwords. But now... I only regret Rhye himself never posted in this thread...

uhahauhauh

Sorry I didn't notice this and the other thread until right now.
I'm doing a typically italian gesture which italians here know very well in these circumnstances...

Well, don't beat Riker too hard! He even rickrolled you... :)
Indeed, he could have thought of a better news for me, but it was quite clearly a joke (except that we met in Lucca for real), considering the date.

Behold, after three days he's back!

-.-' this is the worst joke failure that i have ever seen...i felt very sad yesterday...i couldn't believe that it was a joke...

-.-' this is the worst joke failure that i have ever seen...i felt very sad yesterday...i couldn't believe that it was a joke...
I know, right? I thought it might have been a joke at first, but I figured nobody would be so heartless to joke about something like that. Guess I was wrong.

Hey, I have an idea for next April Fool's! Let's call random numbers from the phone book and tell them their family members have terminal diseases!

Seriously, I don't understand how anybody could find faking a tragedy remotely funny or appropriate. A good April Fool's joke is based on something silly but somewhat plausible (at least at first). Death is not silly. Just getting somebody to believe something false is not the point. It has to actually be funny.

ok, uhm... no comment.

'stardo... mi è preso un coccolone !!

Sorry, my French is a little rusty, but did you just say that you have a fish in your trousers?

I just put that into google translate and got
"STARD ... I took a cuddly!"

I usually don't follow much on the forums, but this was the most tasteless joke I've seen in a while. Death is not something to joke about.

I just put that into google translate and got "STARD ... I took a cuddly!"

My guess is that 'stardo must be a contraction of bastardo (=bastard). Usually, the mark ' at beggining indicates that the word is truncated.

'Mi è preso un coccolone" is a joking way of saying "I (almost) had an apoplectic stroke".

And since I am at it I will add that when Rhye wrote:

I'm doing a typically italian gesture which italians here know very well in these circumnstances...

he probably meant that he was scratching his balls, a supposed remedy to ill-omens and jinxes.

I think you need to know Italian, not French, to translate that phrase.

Ahah, not even, that's pure slang.
I said "Bastard, I almost had a heart attack !"

My guess is that 'stardo must be a contraction of bastardo (=bastard). Usually, the mark ' at beggining indicates that the word is truncated.

'Mi è preso un coccolone" is a joking way of saying "I (almost) had an apoplectic stroke".

And since I am at it I will add that when Rhye wrote:

he probably meant that he was scratching his balls, a supposed remedy to ill-omens and jinxes.

Just touching them should be enough, for us italians ;)

Sorry, my French is a little rusty, but did you just say that you have a fish in your trousers?

how can you think that THIS is french?
I'm french and i don't like to see our beautiful and glorious language insulted like that!
You are american? isn't it? only american can make the confusion because of their lack of knowledge of the rest of the world.
Non, sérieusement...

I'm up for a good laugh as much as anyone...but this was just unfunny and not cool.

Ahh!!! Another 5 posts and Q-Master is going to do something asinine and callous!!!! :run:
Spoiler :

Edit: a good way to celebrate my 666th post!

French more beautiful language of italian uh ? Hah... typical french.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom