1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Gorgo now confirmed, so what about Isabella?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by hugojackson18, Oct 12, 2016.

1. ImperialChaos

ImperialChaos President

Georgia was technically a part of Russia at one point. So Tamar an alternative leader of Russia confirmed? ULA to create own civ mid game?

In all seriousness, for alt leaders, I see Isabella, Elizabeth, and Napoleon/Louis XIV as most likely.

hugojackson18 and Sonmi like this.
  2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Don't forget Ashoka. I think that would be a hot seller considered how reviled Gandhi is by the playerbase.

3. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Emperor

*A very small but very vocal portion of the playerbase.

That argument get some traction here, but first and foremost civfantics or civit are NOT the majority of the playerbase, Even so, Gandhi as a "bad" leader was only 50% when polled here a while back (I think that was the result when I last looked so it may have shifted). So really it isn't some universal by any stretch.

New leaders are always welcomed as they offer different takes, but the only thing that may make a significant drive to sales(but really I doubt they need to drive DLC sales, I would expect people are either in/out 100% on that stuff) would be ones that can offer changes to the gameplay. For instance, Pericles being a CS friend so a more statesman playstyle vs. Gorgo being aggressive. That being said Ashoka probably offers that since Gandhi's no fighting playstyle would easily be at odds with a more conquest-focused Asoka.

4. Sonmi

Sonmi Chieftain

I'd add De Gaulle amongst the other French leaders.

Point is, the French are getting alternate leaders for sure. (And rightfully so)

5. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Just a thought, since Barbarossa gets black and gray, what colors would Bismarck get? Prussian Blue?

6. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

No Bismarck, Frederick II. of Prussia instead. Colors are black and white, just like the Prussian flag.

7. Acken

Acken Deity

Multiple leaders allow them to churn out many DLC without thinking about the Civ to incorporate. Isabella will be in one of those.

8. jye42

jye42 Chieftain

I hope that they will do a DLC where they add Portugal as a new civ and and Isabella as a leader choice for either portugal or spain.

9. upi00r

upi00r Warlord

Starting with a map pack would kinda suck...

10. UnknownHuman

UnknownHuman Chieftain

Yes, it doesn’t sound appealing at all.

I rather see something like this:

Catholic Queens: Poland with Jadwiga as leader + Isabelle for Spain.
    King of Kings: Persia with Cyrus the Great as leader + Scenario the Rise of Persia.
    Enlightened Monarchs: Frederick the Great for Germany, Catherine the Great for Russia, Napoleon Bonaparte for France, and Charles III for Spain.
    The Silk Road: Mongolia with Genghis Khan as leader + Taizong or Wu Zetian for China + Scenario Rise of the Mongols.

SHS` and WiseGreen like this.
  11. Ebrim

Ebrim Warlord

That's unlikely. The only way it could be overpriced is if they lose more money developing it than selling it.

12. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

13. shyPiano

shyPiano Prince

...Why would Isabella be the leader of Portugal?
    At most you could say Phillip II, but people won't find that to be a good idea, if you get my drift.

14. nitedemon

nitedemon Warlord

Well I believe Felipe does say he is the king of Portugal when you meet him.

15. nitedemon

nitedemon Warlord

As much as I want this to be true, I highly doubt the possibility of having more than one Civ/leader per DLC, just think what you got for CIV 5 DLCs

16. Nightsong

Nightsong Warlord

If they do a Catholic Queens pack, I'd want to see a little more. For me, I'd want to see the following:
    - Helena as an alternate for Rome. She was a queen consort to the Roman Emperor Constantius Chlorus and mother of Constantine the Great.
    - Isabella I of Castille as an alternate leader for Spain.
    - Two new civilizations, Poland led by Jadwiga and Portugal led by Elizabeth of Aragon.

Heck, this could probably be broken into two different DLC's with scenario's or map packs accompanying them or just the civilization and leaders on their own.

17. MarcosQuadros

MarcosQuadros Chieftain

Considering that the description of the deluxe edition say that these 4 dlcs will add new leaders and civilizations, we should expect at least two of each, no?

18. shyPiano

shyPiano Prince

Well, he was, indeed, king of Portugal - but let's just say having Maria I leading Portugal is still much much better than Philip II.

But why Portugal and not, say, The Netherlands? Or even England? He was jure uxoris King of England and Ireland, so let's have him rule the English civilization as well.

My point here is - European politics are weird, and the same person could be a "leader" of a million different places. But that doesn't mean they're a good, or decent, or even sane, leader for their civilization. Philip II is a good leader for a Spanish civilization, he is not a good leader for a Portuguese civilization, despite being a king of Portugal. Victoria would also be a horrible leader for India, for example - but she was Empress of India.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  19. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

That would be underpriced, not overpriced.

20. hugojackson18

hugojackson18 Warlord

I just wish new leaders systematically came with new units. I know Gorgos hoplites are a bit different, but I would have expected the trireme, or maybe the phalanx for let's say Alexander.
    Overall I think I feel this way because if feel like the game lacks units. Some important ones, hopefully we'll mod that all out, but having new units with leaders would be better than just a change in LUA