Got Lakes (Various Worlds) Map Script

Got Lakes (Various Worlds) Map Script 37.0

One thing : I want to have less resourcen at the map. So i take "sparse" , right ?
But there are allways so much resources of any type.
For example:
I want that oil is only in a few places , so that i eventuelly had to declare war to get it.
Same für uran etc.
Is there a setting i can use ?

One thing : I want to have less resourcen at the map. So i take "sparse" , right ?
But there are allways so much resources of any type.
For example:
I want that oil is only in a few places , so that i eventuelly had to declare war to get it.
Same für uran etc.
Is there a setting i can use ?
Got Lakes actually doesn't do much with resources, other than allow all strategics on snowball climates and optionally scramble all land luxuries. I'm afraid I can't override the Resources option without breaking compatibility with mods like Truly Abundant Resources. Perhaps you can request a mod for...Truly Sparse Resources?

Hello Scrum Lord!
I’ve been playing with your mod quite a bit lately and I’ve noticed that the poles don’t exist. Which I like a lot. The Northern and Southern parts are all land/sea without ice/tundra.
I have all settings at default except for “wrap”. I prefer regional maps. And I’ve changed the map width/height to a more square shaped map in the lua/xml.
So this is all really nice. However, is there a way to play with North and South poles on a regional map?
If I enable “crop”, I just get water in those regions...
I believe in previous versions of your mod the ice was present. I’m not sure, it’s been awhile.
Thanks a lot!

Hello Scrum Lord!
I’ve been playing with your mod quite a bit lately and I’ve noticed that the poles don’t exist. Which I like a lot. The Northern and Southern parts are all land/sea without ice/tundra.
I have all settings at default except for “wrap”. I prefer regional maps. And I’ve changed the map width/height to a more square shaped map in the lua/xml.
So this is all really nice. However, is there a way to play with North and South poles on a regional map?
If I enable “crop”, I just get water in those regions...
I believe in previous versions of your mod the ice was present. I’m not sure, it’s been awhile.
Thanks a lot!
Currently there is no way to play with N/S poles on a regional map, since a "region" in GL represents only part of a world instead of a whole planet. However, I've been toying with the idea of splitting the World Wrap option into two options, World Wrap and Climate Wrap. That way, one option would control east-west map edges and the other would control poles / latitude bands. If you're interested, I might do this in a future version of Got Lakes.

The more options, the better! ;)
I’m loving the seven seas regional map here in this mod with an altered map ratio. Epic games! Changes up the game drastically.

I have to play with the mountain spawn setting a bit though because I often get huge long stretched blocks of them. But so far, nothing problematic. Excellent mod

One bit of feedback - I was trying to play a game with Australia, and it seems like their coastal start location bias wasn't really working (I made sure that was checked in the startup). I probably rerolled around 10 times, and I would say about 80% of the time I would start inland somewhere. I went back to a standard Continents map, and Aus started on or a few tiles from the coast everytime.

Would anything in Got Lakes setup make the start bias more trickey to 'enforce' for the game?

One bit of feedback - I was trying to play a game with Australia, and it seems like their coastal start location bias wasn't really working (I made sure that was checked in the startup). I probably rerolled around 10 times, and I would say about 80% of the time I would start inland somewhere. I went back to a standard Continents map, and Aus started on or a few tiles from the coast everytime.

Would anything in Got Lakes setup make the start bias more trickey to 'enforce' for the game?
In short, yes, and there's not much that can be done about it besides raising sea level.

Start bias does not determine starting locations, but only who gets which location after the locations have already been determined. So it's more of a best-effort thing than a guarantee.

That said, Got Lakes has a custom start positioner which overrides how locations are determined. And since Got Lakes tends to prefer inland starts over coastal starts, you're more likely to get an inland start, even with Australia.

Raising sea level might help since less land would mean a higher chance of Got Lakes falling back to a coastal start. Increasing the number of major civs on the map might help too.

It's also worth noting that Got Lakes is capable of creating land-heavy maps that have few if any oceans in them. Were you by any chance filtering for only the Continents landmass when you were trying to get a coastal start in Got Lakes? (You could do that by setting Continents Landmasses to Continents and the other three "Landmasses" options to None).

It's also worth noting that Got Lakes is capable of creating land-heavy maps that have few if any oceans in them. Were you by any chance filtering for only the Continents landmass when you were trying to get a coastal start in Got Lakes? (You could do that by setting Continents Landmasses to Continents and the other three "Landmasses" options to None).

Yup, that was exactly it.

I'll try raising sea level next time.

Thanks for the great map script btw!

Scrum Lord updated Got Lakes (Various Worlds) Map Script with a new update entry:

Coastal Expansion, Climate Wrap, and More!

Version 30.0

Expanded Coastal Expansion
  • Introducing Coastal Expansion: adjusts the balance of shallow water and deep ocean.
  • Introducing Isolated Coasts: if enabled, prevents coastal expansion from connecting lands that are separated by ocean. Also prevents extra islands from expanding the coast of the landmass for water-heavy maps. Recommended if you enjoy crossing deep oceans.
  • Removed No Coastal Expansion, which has been replaced by the above...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Scrum Lord updated Got Lakes (Various Worlds) Map Script with a new update entry:

Minor Starts, Terrain Flags, and More!

Version 31.0

Minor Starts
  • Introducing Minor Starts: adjusts the start positions of city-states! You can assign all city-states to the largest area, place them the normal way, assign each one to a separate area, treat them like major civilizations, or let the Land Starts option decide what to do. And of course you can randomize this option!
  • One example of what is now possible: choose Separate Areas for Land Starts and Largest Area for Minor Starts for a Pangea...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom