GOTM #13 *Spoilers* Thread

Originally posted by Serg
I finished my game yesterday (I didn't think I do it before 2 Dec - I'm outside of my country) and posted it. Only 13 session and 1 reload by mistake it was very hard to do. I hope this game will be accepted.

Good! There would be no reason not to accept. :goodjob:

Cartouche Bee: Now that it's all over, can you tell me your final score. Since it's usually lady first, so I guess I will go first. I got a little bit over 11K. Since I left most of my cities on the desert of my home continent and relocated only a half dozen of them to the new world, I figured you could easily get 12K out of this game.

Originally posted by Moonsinger
Cartouche Bee: Now that it's all over, can you tell me your final score. Since it's usually lady first, so I guess I will go first. I got a little bit over 11K. Since I left most of my cities on the desert of my home continent and relocated only a half dozen of them to the new world, I figured you could easily get 12K out of this game.

Depending on where you live the game is still open but I will tell you Dec. 3. OK. But relax cause remember I said that I did an unoptimized green milk with no cities over the size of 12. So now the question is, is it worth it to milk hard or take the easy way and get 95% of the points and spend less than half the time? For a hard milk you need to get to Ecology, for a green milk, well, you only need rails. :)

[Edit: I said 95% but I should rephrase that to 80 - 95% of what might be possible on the map.]

Sorry, I forgot about the timeline.:( I went with the green milk too.:) I held off on putting up the hospital until about 10 turns aways from getting Ecology. Totally, I got less than a dozen pollution in the entire game (mostly because I had the iron works). Anyway, only 2 tiles got flip in my game. One of them went from grassland to plain and the other one went from jungle to grassland (which was outside of my empire). Therefore, it was almost a perfect green.:)

Good job on the score Moonsinger.

I still have 100 turns to go, but I am only just approaching 8000. I took too long to get to the domination limit. I am not sure if I will have the time to finish the game or not. If I do it will not be optimized just

enter...wait two minutes...enter...wait two minutes...enter...

Alas, no milking this month! As usual, I barely have time to get the victory, and no time to enhance score. I sent several transports loaded with Infantry to the outlying islands, and within a span of 3 turns was able to capture or destroy the remaining cities/settlers of the final 6 AI civs, achieving a conquest victory (1st for me, I usually get domination, but I was trying to set up a milking situation.) The game has been submitted, this morning. Maybe I'll go back and see what milking is like? Then again, maybe not: GOTM 14 is out!!

Zur: you should submit your OCC game! You might win a Phili-buster award.

I managed to finish this game in the nick of time. I milked (or something like that:D) the game out and I got a conquest victory in 2050AD with a final score of 9013.

I manages to finish as well. Not as well as I would have liked but, 9659 with a Histograph win. I have start the GOTM earlier this month if I want to get a good score.

Moonsinger, I am curious do you happen to remember about what game year it was when you reached the domination limit?

Originally posted by Creepster
Moonsinger, I am curious do you happen to remember about what game year it was when you reached the domination limit?

I'm currently at work and don't have the game with me at the moment, but I will look it up tonight.

Good score, Moonsinger! At this month milking score is grater than conquest/domination but isn't so much beacause there aren't large lands on this map. I think I will not enter into top 10 because have score slightly less than 9000. I don't know how much I could have my score with milking but I reached the domination limit in 570AD (and win).

Originally posted by Cartouche Bee
Moonsinger, 10560

Thanks for letting me know!:) You have a very good score too.:goodjob: You could have easily beat me if you seriously milk the game. Thanks for saving some room for me.:) The good news is that I may be on the top three. The bad news is that now the paparazzi (GOTM police, or you know who) will watch me like a hawk.;) Oh well, I guess I should go zip up all my savegames to get ready for the up coming interrogation.;)

To Serg: Thank you!:) You reached the domination limit about 500 years before I did. I will look it up tonight, but if I remember correctly, I was still at war with Greek around 1000 AD.

Serg, amazing date to reach the domination limit. How ealry did you get Navigation?, or did you use suicide caravels?

After the Roman and Chinese were history, my civ went Republic and was able to search for new tech in every 4 turns while still making about 50 golds per turn. I went directly for Monotheism, Theology, Education, Astronomy, then Navigation. Therefore, I got Navigation very early too. As for the exact date, I will look it up tonight.

H'mm

I didn't finish this game on time and really got bored of the milking.

I'm still in 1140AD with about 4000something score. I 've got hosptals with Moscow having a growth ability of 18. I've played the game for quick domination limit and have move all my cities to grassland all over the map.

The only problem I had was a motherboard that had to be replaced after causing numerous crashes in the game. I had to restart from autosaves about 10 times before giving up and replacing it. Apart from probably a terrible reload count, I have no time to play the game to its best score, so I gave up. I mght one day complete it just to see what score could be reached.

Just for interest sake, Peria had less score than Russia even though I killed them at about the same time.

Not much more to say about this game apart from that it was too easy killing everyone off.

To Moonsiger:

Why the hell to you waste you time with an ironworks? I cold built 2 in the game, but really didn't need the production!

Originally posted by thefrenchzulu
To Moonsiger:

Why the hell to you waste you time with an ironworks? I cold built 2 in the game, but really didn't need the production!

Well, I didn't plan it that way. I put the Iron Works on the building queue to store shields for the GW and forgot about it.:( Eventually, I built a nuclear reactor in that city too (just out of boredom, I guess). Anyway, that city could pretty much build any GW in just about 8 turns.:)

PS: There were alot of other things that I forgot to do in the game. Believe it or not, I didn't even know that I got a Great Leader until I started to milk the game. There were too many distraction in my game. At least more than one occasion, while my troops were fighting on the field, my husband decided that I should pay special attention to him. By the time I got back to the battlefield, I forgot that the JWarrior was special unit, so I attacked the Rusian with it and accidentally triggered the Golden Age while my empire had only 2 cities (both were under size 2).

Originally posted by Creepster
Serg, amazing date to reach the domination limit. How ealry did you get Navigation?, or did you use suicide caravels?

As Moonsinger I went directly to the Republic and then to the Navigation. I got Nav in 260AD. Immediately after that I sended my galleys & caravels with settlers on the board to the different direction from the main continent. Greeks built Great Lighthous and settled on the one of remote islands but I settled there too. Other islands accept one near their continent were under my control. I already had around 60% of the map when I invaded into Japans territory (with ROP) with 24-32 veteran knights and started the war. One turn after I captured the last Japan's city domination stroke.

I wrote in the other thread I got the early settler in this GOTM and my early expantion is result of this fact.;)

Originally posted by Moonsinger

Eventually, I built a nuclear reactor in that city too (just out of boredom, I guess). Anyway, that city could pretty much build any GW in just about 8 turns.:)

Boredom while milking can lead you try things out of the ordinary.

In my game I was trying for a high score Diplomatic victory and while pushing for the "green" vote added Mass Transit and a Recycling Centre to most of my large cities :D

When my game ended with the vote due me morally opposed to disbanding my capital which, with too many wonders, was about to trigger a cultural victory, my score was only half those mentioned in earlier posts. Anyway it reminded me why I don't like milking :o

Congrats on the big score.

At least more than one occasion, while my troops were fighting on the field, my husband decided that I should pay special attention to him.

:blush:

Top Bottom