GOTM 34 Pre-Game Discussion

Um, isn't the 15th sunday? Does this mean Sunday's been kicked out of the weekend now?

Ok, I vote for Wednesday to take over Sunday's duties then.

If it can only be released on 'the 15th', we might not see it till midnight tomorrow! Er, today. I'm hoping for this morning.

Hello

I have played COTM but not GOTM. I have CIV 3 Gold. Do i download the PTW version or the CIV 1.29 version save? I thought I had PTW, i don't have a start menu folder, although I do have a PTW folder at
C:\Program Files\Civilization III\Civ3PTW\Civilization3X.exe

thanks All!

I'm not sure what you mean by a Start menu folder.

C:\Program Files\Civilization III\Civ3PTW\Civilization3X.exe is your PtW executable file.You need to

- choose your player class from conquest/open/predator
- download the PtW start file for that class
- put it in your Saves folder
- launch the Civilization3X.exe application
- use Load Game to select and load the downloaded file
- start playing

HTH

Where's the spoiler thread, Mursilis is anxious to report his start.

Just a non-spoiler report on the true randomness of the PRNG: I had a lot (50+) elite victories in the pre-cavalry battles without a single GL.

In my second turn of cavalry warfare (7 elite promotions on turn 1), my first 2 elite wins each produced a GL. Then 30 more elite wins without a GL. I sure glad I hurried that GL to the nearest city and used him right away. So in retrospect 2 GL in 80 Elite wins is about 1 in 40, which is a little high, but not that bad.

denyd said:
Where's the spoiler thread, Mursilis is anxious to report his start.

Just a non-spoiler report on the true randomness of the PRNG: I had a lot (50+) elite victories in the pre-cavalry battles without a single GL.

In my second turn of cavalry warfare (7 elite promotions on turn 1), my first 2 elite wins each produced a GL. Then 30 more elite wins without a GL. I sure glad I hurried that GL to the nearest city and used him right away. So in retrospect 2 GL in 80 Elite wins is about 1 in 40, which is a little high, but not that bad.

Pretty much in the same boat. Had 59 elite victories so far, and my 2 GLs were in the same turn, in simaultaneous attacks.

Top Bottom