GOTM 38

Originally posted by Old n Slow

Ahhh -- now we know where the connotation of slangy meaning of "dip" came from. :D

:lol:

Actually, I'm mildly surprised that the name Armand the Viking didn't raise any eyebrows.

Originally posted by A+ombomb
Uh I didn't ask what marco polo's embassy did, I asked how it is different in this game, since it was specifically mentioned in the story line.

No Marco Polo lowers the value of getting Trade early (I usually go for it right after Monarchy). Maps and Write for Dips may take its place, or just PT (hard to imagine Elephants as explorers?). Caravans are still worth getting, both for wonder building as well as trade routes and bonuses, but for Early Conquest the chance to do map exchanges before 1000BC is gone. Plus our Rep is Poor so they are less likely to trust our "good intentions".

Originally posted by SlowThinker
It looks the work of individual Settlers working on the same square is not cumulated in this GOTM.

Moderator Action: Sorry, no posting of screenshots or saved game files while the game is in progress. I have your saved game file so we can repost it later if needed.
I have not experienced this problem at all.

Good -- plenty of time to do taxes after this is finished -- one must prioritize things according to personal value. :lol:

Yes, Bravo Tim, both games!

Lafayette - I did see the rest of Tim's Log in the GOTM 37 spoiler. His most brilliant strategy was to send an early trireme to China with two vet knights (who successfully took out the entire AI civ). There is some excellent discussion of how best to wage war againt the AI - the one-turn conquest of the Egptians was especially elegant. I have been replaying some of these GOTM starts to try to get close to his efficiency - I am nowhere close yet.

ElephantU said:
Congrats to Tim. BTW, did you ever post Part 4 of your log?
Oops. Just went back to look and, lo and behold, I forgot the last half of the log. I'll have to see if I can find it.

Top Bottom