Do you accept this cabinet?

• Yes

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Gingerbread Man

Dark Magus
here is a poll to see if this suggested government type should go ahead. I have taken into account everyone's suggestions, and I am putting this forward. I would like to make this OFFICIAL, but I really have no say in it.

I figure that someone has to take the initiative to organise our team, or it will drop out.

So here it is:
President
Interior Department (Domestic, culture, science)
Foreign department (Trade + foreign advisor)
Defence department
the High Court
the ambassadors' representative (the ambassadors would elect one representative for the cabinet)
the Governors' representative (the Governors would elect one representative for the cabinet)

voting will be yes/no

there will be NO QUORUM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On an off topic, I would like the 50% idea to be accepted. The way it goes is that if 3 or more voting options the winner of the poll must have more than 50% of the votes. If he/she doesn't, a new poll is creates with all but the top 2 candidates/options eliminated.

This way the winner will always have a true majority, which is 50% or more. This concept is to stop it when there are e.g. 5 options, and the votes for them are like 2/2/3/1/2. The winner would only have 30% of the population for them.

What is the High Court? Never seen that before...

I have a good idea. Please wait for it before you vote.

Sorry, I voted no. I think we should take the Fanatikan Consitution, add the game play restriction and use that. Note this means not using the CoL and CoS. Just the constitution with a government we are familiar with and we play the game.

To tell the truth, I'm beginning to see things from donsig's point of view. :eek:

Remember, we would only be playing at a slow rate. There is no need to needlessly complicate things. The constitution as a single ruling document would be a great way to play. (and, we could have fun experiment with political parites.:crazyeye: )

Besides, I think Gingerbread Man's proposal needlessly complicates things, not to mention takes power from the people. Tell me, what benefits does this serve, other than increase the length of time needed to get any type of vote passed? Will this council have increased power, and if so, what?

Before we go off proposing and approving things, WE NEED SOME BETTER EXPLANATION.

Originally posted by Gingerbread Man
But there are too many poaitions to be filled in the current constitution.

The High court would replace the judiciary.

We can remedy this by allowing people to hold more than one position. As we get more people we can place restrictions on this or just go back to letting people only have one position.

Top Bottom