GozGram 2 - Mayan Slave Traders

grahamiam

In debt to Mr. Geisel
I was kicking around an idea with gozpel on how we can use the Mayans in an SG as we are both curious about the enslavement ability. Both of us were looking to use them in 1.x grams but the teams voted on the Celts. Now, here's our chance to exploit thier UU :)

Settings
C3C 1.22f
Size: Standard
World: continents, 60% water, wet and warm, 5 billion years
Barbs: raging
Level: Diety

Varient:
1. Every trade we make must include us selling a worker to the AI. If you want to pull 2 seperate trades, you need to sell a worker with each one.
1A. If a civ is overseas and cannot accept a worker in the trade, then we must disband 1 worker per deal. altered 9/2/04
2. We value our reputation so we don't want to ruin it :)

Also, no blatent abuse of the AI or game mechanics (ie, ROP rape, fake peace treaties, city give-aways to warp units home, etc).

Roster:
grahamiam
gozpel
smackster
dmanakho
scoutsout
open

sidelined by stinkin' RL
barbslinger
sesnofwthr
nick

And our power start is as follows :)

What can we do with this start :D ? And what will the AI do with all those workers?

What can we do with this start? Cover the continent in Mayan blue, of course! ;)

And hopefully, the ai will be improving their lands so it will give us less to do when we go reclaim those workers. :evil:

Seriously, we will want to get some JT's out barb hunting/exploring asap. Hopefully we can get a couple slaves before we meet anyone. Of course, the worker has to be in our capitol in order to trade it.

BTW - Can we get value for a worker in a trade? I mean can it be included in the original deal and negotiate goods on that, or do we negotiate the deal, and then throw a worker on top of it?

Looks great! If we mine both cows do we get +5fpt or is it irrigate and mine? I'll crack the GH prior to a warrior build too unless some one objects. I don't think we are losing much time due to our food surplus and will quickly make up the time. Plus it may be a settler in there.

Oh...my...gawd.... Sesn, Grahamiam, Goz, and two cows at the start. I don't care if it IS at diety, this just looks like too much fun. :dubious: :drool: :wow: :eek:

...just don't ask me to start this off. ;)

Should get the 5 fpt with two mines since we're on a river.

I would concur with the GH before any warrior.

barbslinger said:
Looks great! If we mine both cows do we get +5fpt or is it irrigate and mine? I'll crack the GH prior to a warrior build too unless some one objects. I don't think we are losing much time due to our food surplus and will quickly make up the time. Plus it may be a settler in there.
grass + cow = 3 food and 1 shield with no improvements. we also have 2 bg's and a forrest. looks like a settler pump to me :) mine 1 and irrigate the other for +5fpt and +8spt @ size 5 (2 mined bg's + 1 mined grass).

@barbslinger, you get to start us off! just need smackster and scout to check in :)

SesnOfWthr said:
Should get the 5 fpt with two mines since we're on a river.
must have missed something. does a cow near a river get an additional food bonus?
cow + grass = 3/1
cow + grass + mine = 3/2
cow + grass + irrigation = 4/1

do a combo to get to +5fpt or am i missing something?

grahamiam said:
must have missed something. does a cow near a river get an additional food bonus?
Nope. But it sure is easier to irrigate 'em that way. *hic*

Excuse me team. I've been playing 'slinger's patented elixir method tonight.

No, the cow doesn't, but aren't the Maya AGR? They get an extra food in the city center if located on fresh water. Or am I missing something? I hate the stupid despot penalty...

BTW - Scout already check in. (post 6)

HEY Grahamiam!!!!!!!! Where are those lazy workers?
Say after me: SHIFT-A, SHIFT-A, SHIFT-A! Or should we save that for another game?

Is Maya agri? Must be what Sesn talked about?

gozpel said:
HEY Grahamiam!!!!!!!! Where are those lazy workers?
Say after me: SHIFT-A, SHIFT-A, SHIFT-A! Or should we save that for another game?
Alrighty... if you wanna roger up the start, just hand it off to me. I can do at least as badly as the 'puter. Quick - somebody queue me up a

Shift - :hammer: key

yep, agri and industrial. didn't take that into consideration :)

@gozpel, re:lazy workers -> forgot those too :)

need to take a quick poll on if we want all but 1 worker automated at all times. That 1 worker can remain in our control till traded. then we can bring another home for standby. should add an additional degree of difficulty :)

grahamiam said:
cow + grass = 3/1
cow + grass + mine = 3/2
cow + grass + irrigation = 4/1

do a combo to get to +5fpt or am i missing something?
we get 3 food from the town due to agri. I think I can mine them doth and they look to be BG's.

barbslinger said:
we get 3 food from the town due to agri. I think I can mine them doth and they look to be BG's.
yep, absolutely right. if forgot about the addition food for the river town :) mine both and we can MM our way to a 4 turn settler/warrior factory i think. probably wrong on that too, though

You know, looking at this start, I think we could do that whole settler+warrior in 4 turns thing. Where was that, GOTM 31? I'll see if I can dig it up. I've been DYING to get one of those going. :)

need to take a quick poll on if we want all but 1 worker automated at all times. That 1 worker can remain in our control till traded. then we can bring another home for standby. should add an additional degree of difficulty

Umm, maybe it's because I haven't played with you guys, but you're not serious, right? Why in the world would we want to do that?

SesnOfWthr said:
Umm, maybe it's because I haven't played with you guys, but you're not serious, right? Why in the world would we want to do that?
check all sig's and you'll figure out who really want it :lol:

SesnOfWthr said:
Oh man ... I forgot - you think *I* am nuts! :lol:

grahamiam said:
check all sig's and you'll figure out who really want it :lol:

Couch-potato (fortified) - And proud of it.

It was my idea, I played one game with automated workers and had great fun. But it wasn't Deity, so I suppose we are better off helping them along ourselves.

As I said, we can use that in another game, should probably be on Emp or DG, or it can frustrate the living daylight out of you.

But believe me Sesn, it is fun to see them scurry away and hide when a barb pops up and great expectations of waiting if they actually WILL hook up that luxury before Modern Age :)

Top Bottom