GRAND OPENING: CivFanatics File Database

People should try to upload an image for their files more often. Even if it's a generic screenshot of the code. ;)

What do you guys think about approval process, btw? On or Off?

With approval on, we could at least make sure the file is posted to the correct category and that the download link is valid. For example, Dionysius used [attach]some attach#[/attach] for his map file, which is not a valid download link, since the system doesn't parse the bb code in the download link field. Approval of course means people need to wait for it to be approved before they can download the file....

how long should it take to get them approved? Im a newbie and i uploaded a map/scenario and its taking a while to get apporoved...

My mod is currently unapproved, and it seems that it will take forever to get approved. How long does it take a mod to be approved? I only downloaded it yesterday.

On average, how long does it take for the file to be approved? Does the file instantly become approved when I reach the 30 day mark?

Thank you, Jwitti

OK, I should have finished the diplo text by then, and I'll do it then. How long does it take otherwise?

yeah, I'll just reload it on wednesday

I suspect I already know the answer, but I'll ask anyway ...

Is there a SOAP (or any other API) interface to be able to upload files to the database from an external script? (which would obviously need to have my log-on details available to it)

No, nothing like that available (at least not that I know).
Can sure be scripted...if you're willed to install Python, I can maybe make my "proto-bot" which I have here more generic. Not that it works great, but at least it somehow works...
But how many files do you have that this is needed?

But how many files do you have that this is needed?

119 at the last count - eg http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=76902176 - which zip to 28Mb so I have to upload them as 4 parts - eg http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=19467 - which is not viable on an on-going basis unless I can use scripts to produce the parts and then upload/update the parts in the same script.

Python would not be my first choice, but wouldn't be a show-stopper.

TIA

W

[In best Alan Rickman voice] "Change to alternate channel" :D

Why in heavens name did this new horsehocky-site replace the old one.
Clicking on CivIII Databas still ends up on error site... Why no info in threads when a certain post actually was posted.
It has gone long enough to make this site a pleasant place to be.
This is in my book as bad as some of the virus attacks that deleted files back in the days.

Top Bottom