[Graphic Mod] Varietas Delectat v9.2 [civ specific unit sets]

I don't want to disappoint you again avain, :p so if you give me a timeline for when you want it, that will give me more incentive to finish it by then.
Late May, early June? :lol:

You really want to wait that long? :confused:
No... I just thought that was the standard answer to everything! ;)

Id Software always used to say "it's done when it's done"... maybe that should be your new standard answer!

I don't want to disappoint you again avain, :p so if you give me a timeline for when you want it, that will give me more incentive to finish it by then.

Hey, you're not disappointing anyone, Chugg! ;) There should be no pressure on art people;)
But, just so you know, I'll be sparse in the coming weeks, up until after 11th Aug., so if you manage it sometime by then, I'll be more than happy;)

Ok :lol: so I'll say some time in August.

If it's not out this August, then you will know that I must've meant next year. ;)

This doesn't awfully sound as someone with a high incentive :lol:

Hey, no pressure. ;) But I can put more effort into getting it uploaded rather than just making more units (in which case you could be waiting forever :lol:) so I'll make August my new deadline.

@ Wolfshanze - Nothing takes that long, not even CDM. :lol:

Auuuch.
I made a mistake, as I removed the "GlobalTypes.xml" to MEE install package, but it should have remained in the core VD. Sorry.
I'll correct the download soon,
but until that you can either use the GlobalTypes.xml from the MEE,
or simply download and extract in BtS/Mods folder the following:
http://files.filefront.com/GlobalTypes7z/;11174441;/fileinfo.html

Sorry again.

Since I also use the MEE package, do I need to update aswell? I've seen some strange city graphics but haven't really paid attention to the details. But I've seen the Colloseums in many cities as huge buildings.... Could be that problem? I'm using 4.0.
I'm afraid to update so I can't use my savegames anymore (had figured that out the hard way updating form 3.6 to 4.0). If I do need this update, I'll think I'll wait until I played out my current games.

Since I also use the MEE package, do I need to update aswell? I've seen some strange city graphics but haven't really paid attention to the details. But I've seen the Colloseums in many cities as huge buildings.... Could be that problem? I'm using 4.0.
I'm afraid to update so I can't use my savegames anymore (had figured that out the hard way updating form 3.6 to 4.0). If I do need this update, I'll think I'll wait until I played out my current games.

I'd say you need not to, since the file was in MEE, that's why I didn't spot it early.
As for the strange city graphics, I don't know EC v1.03 too much. It also might be something with the FPK packing. I re-packed them for VD 4.01.

Also, I think that savegames should be compatible.

I'd say you need not to, since the file was in MEE, that's why I didn't spot it early.
As for the strange city graphics, I don't know EC v1.03 too much. It also might be something with the FPK packing. I re-packed them for VD 4.01.

Also, I think that savegames should be compatible.

Well I've updated, since those Colloseums are BIG and are even more annoying in the modern version (as big as the city). The savegames did work though:)
Attached is an image of an old stile Colloseum. The reason I picked this Portugese Vassal city (with the old style colloseum) as an example is the other industrial age city graphics. See those strange looking buildings by the foot of the unit's flagpole and by the Elephant's Icon? Are those normal. Could be, they're gone in the modern age where city graphics change to skyscrapers.

Attachments

• Braga.JPG
    Braga.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 506
Woah, same problem I had with my mod (the colosseum) after updating to the newer Ethnic Artsyles. Just delete all the stuff in the *old* Ethnic Artsyles module folder. Check with avain first though, I don't want you to screw up your game. His folder structure could be different to mine in Cultural Diversity (although there's a good chance it's still the same).

About the other buildings, I think they're normal. I know the industrial/modern market (near the elephant icon) isn't that good because of it being too sharp. But it was my first building and I will probably redo it at some point.

Woah, same problem I had with my mod (the colosseum) after updating to the newer Ethnic Artsyles. Just delete all the stuff in the *old* Ethnic Artsyles module folder. Check with avain first though, I don't want you to screw up your game. His folder structure could be different to mine in Cultural Diversity (although there's a good chance it's still the same).

About the other buildings, I think they're normal. I know the industrial/modern market (near the elephant icon) isn't that good because of it being too sharp. But it was my first building and I will probably redo it at some point.

Thnx, for your reply. We'll wait for Avain's reply then :goodjob:

The problem of the huge collosseums lay with the change of scale Geo did in the default Civ4ArtDefines_Buildings.xml. The scale was changed from the default value to fscale 1.0... this was a little noticed change to many moders and those incorporating it into their mods without catching it will find collosseums and courthouses alike being HUGE. I wasn't a fan of this unnecessary change to the default file when it could have been handled in the same file as the rest, but it is what it is. It's an easy fix if you just update the Civ4ArtDefines_Buildings.xml accordingly for collosseums and courthouses.

Top Bottom