[Graphic Mod] Varietas Delectat v9.2 [civ specific unit sets]

:eek::eek::eek:
This is EXACTLY what I wanted to do on my own!!! :woohoo:

Shouldn't take that long (a few hours at most actually).

Civ4+Warlord+BtS = BtS, or am I missing something ?

Varietas Delectat mod + Varietas Delectat Modern Era Expansion already go together, so no effort required here

Blue Marble can be installed in CustomAssets and then should work with all of the above out of the box (I know it does for my mod which in turn is very similar to VD + MEE). Alternatively, just delete CustomAssets, install Blue Marble and copy the Art dir of CustomAssets into the VD Art dir. There, again, no effort required.

BUG mod took me about an hour or two to include in my mod (only out of curiosity, not part of the version which is available for download). Takes all of 10 minutes if you know what to do, but I needed to figure that out first ;)

So unless I miss something with Civ4+Warlord+BtS, it should take at most 1 hour to combine the above mods, assuming you know what you are doing. Maybe up to 4 if you don't (but have some modding experience) ;)

@mamba: thank you for your support! I will try again..

And, yes: Civ4+Warlord+BtS = BtS

If you need / want my BUG Python changes, let me know. Then it should be the change of one line to make it compatible with VD (Python wise, you still will need to merge the xml and art).

Great mod! A query though - is there any relatively easy way to make this work with another mod? (e.g. revolutions).

I pIay for Russia, qame in an industrial era constantly breaks. Chanqed some times, the mistake repeats.

I play for Russia, game in an industrial era constantly breaks. Changed some times, the mistake repeats.

I pIay for Russia, qame in an industrial era constantly breaks. Chanqed some times, the mistake repeats.

Attachments

• Get'man AD-1715.zip
    855 KB · Views: 66
Triple post?! :lol:

It could be the new russian city style, if avain has added that (it's fairly new from Geo, so there could be some bugs). I can't think of any industrial Russian units that have been made recently.

There's also the possibility that it's not related to Russia at all, there could be another civ in the game causing the crash.

There's also the possibility that it's not related to Russia at all, there could be another civ in the game causing the crash.
This is actually more likely the case... most late-game CTD problems (in a custom mod) occur when a certain civ reaches one of the milestone graphic changes... which occur when reaching the Medieval Age or the Industrial Age. It's unlikely it's the civ you're playing that causes it, unless you always CTD the minute you discover an Industrial-age tech (thereby causing the switch to Industrial graphics).

If you're already in the Industrial age, but your games keep crashing to desktop while in the Industrial age, it's more likely one of the slower AI civs is just reaching Industrial technology and causing the CTD.

This sort of error is traceable if you know what to look for... start searching for a civ that is about to reach an industrial tech... and see if the game crashes when that civ reaches that tech... usually you'll find the culprit there.

Like Chuggi said... it's probably not the Russians that are the problem unless the game always crashes the moment you reach an industrial tech... more likely it's another civ in your game that reaches industrial tech after you that is causing the problem.

This is actually more likely the case... most late-game CTD problems (in a custom mod) occur when a certain civ reaches one of the milestone graphic changes... which occur when reaching the Medieval Age or the Industrial Age. It's unlikely it's the civ you're playing that causes it, unless you always CTD the minute you discover an Industrial-age tech (thereby causing the switch to Industrial graphics).

If you're already in the Industrial age, but your games keep crashing to desktop while in the Industrial age, it's more likely one of the slower AI civs is just reaching Industrial technology and causing the CTD.

This sort of error is traceable if you know what to look for... start searching for a civ that is about to reach an industrial tech... and see if the game crashes when that civ reaches that tech... usually you'll find the culprit there.

Like Chuggi said... it's probably not the Russians that are the problem unless the game always crashes the moment you reach an industrial tech... more likely it's another civ in your game that reaches industrial tech after you that is causing the problem.
If I may add my coin here...... I've just finished 2 games with this version (4.01) of this mod (however not just this mod, see sig below) but I've played through every era fine, on a huge map, epic speed (and I play all the way through the modern and sometimes future era, since my strategy lacks to win a game sooner than that). So lots of other opponents aswell. But except for the graphic issues I mentioned earlier (large colloseums and so) have not experienced any problems in gameplay. Get a "Bad memory allocation error" when trying to load a game, when you are in a more advanced era (followed by CTD) but that's understandable given the complexity of the game that it had become with all these magnificent expansions. But no problems in gameplay.
I would expect the russians are the problem. But to be sure I will start a Russian game aswell to see, and put my current game aside for a while.:crazyeye:

I have laid out preservation of the game earlier, but for start it is necessary to establish a Cube and Hungary. Very much it is pleasant fashions, whether there is no at whom an old version I have erased the, instead of it was necessary: (

I have laid out preservation of the game earlier, but for start it is necessary to establish a Cube and Hungary. Very much it is pleasant fashions, whether there is no at whom an old version I have erased the, instead of it was necessary: (

You mean: You have attached a save game earlier, but in order to play it, you need to have installed the Cuban and Hungarian expansions of VD. Then I've lost you... You've deleted ...eh...the uploaded game, since ...eh...hmmmm..
You have deteled it because it corrupted other peoples file...not sure that you mean sorry....

Considering your screen name, you could be a fellow dutchman, or Flemmish. Maybe if you stated your problem in Dutch? If not Dutch, disregard this remark

But to be sure I will start a Russian game aswell to see, and put my current game aside for a while.:crazyeye:
I've reached Industrial Age with Russian Civ, Leader: Peter, Map: Tectonics Earthlike 70% water, Size: Huge, Speed: Epic, etc. etc. Have not experienced CTD in the game so far.

I've got a (saved) game that's having a CTD at exactly the same moment after each reload, which sounds quite a bit like it's related to the above problem. It's at a period when a bunch of civs are transitioning from ancient to classical (and maybe even Medieval, the Oracle could be getting built), which is why I'm thinking it's the same problem.

I've attached the save game, and the crash happens immediately after completing the current turn (or the next one, can't remember offhand).

If this is something that's fixable, I'd love to hear it; I'm pretty happy with the game right now. :sad:

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-0500.CivBeyondSwordSave
    427 KB · Views: 55
I'm looking the xml code of VD_CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml and I have seen there are a lot of references to non-existent files and paths; i.e.:

Modules/Varietas Delectat/Art/Units/Rome/Roman Archer/romanarcherhelmet.nif

I assume, this folders contain all the VD ethnical units, and the game MUST read in this folder and MUST find those file.

- Why I don't have those folders and files? (in the thumbnail you can see the only folders I have)

- Why the game doesn't crash (trying to load VD) even if there are not those folders and files?

:confused::confused::confused:

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• VD_int_path.jpg
    VD_int_path.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 59
If you need / want my BUG Python changes, let me know. Then it should be the change of one line to make it compatible with VD (Python wise, you still will need to merge the xml and art).

Ok, thanks; can you send me the file(s) via PM? Which kind of problem is solved by your changes? I am noticing little problems with BUG Mod+VD, but I don't know yet if they are compatibility problems or ..mmhh.. BUG mod's bugs :)))

I'm looking the xml code of VD_CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml and I have seen there are a lot of references to non-existent files and paths; i.e.:

Modules/Varietas Delectat/Art/Units/Rome/Roman Archer/romanarcherhelmet.nif

I assume, this folders contain all the VD ethnical units, and the game MUST read in this folder and MUST find those file.

- Why I don't have those folders and files? (in the thumbnail you can see the only folders I have)

- Why the game doesn't crash (trying to load VD) even if there are not those folders and files?

:confused::confused::confused:

Thank you for your help!

Because this files are packed into "VarietasDelectat_v4.0.FPK". If you are really curious, you can unpack those files with a program called "PakBuild" (just google for it or do a forum search).

I'm trying to do a merge of VD + RevDCM and having such a hard hard hard time.
I get a hard crash when its parsing the XML files which makes no sense usualy you get XML errors at this point.

Anyone have any experience or maybe even be willing to give me a hand.

Ok, thanks; can you send me the file(s) via PM? Which kind of problem is solved by your changes? I am noticing little problems with BUG Mod+VD, but I don't know yet if they are compatibility problems or ..mmhh.. BUG mod's bugs :)))

The changes were about merging BUG mod (as a mod) with an existing mod.

BUG is hard coded to sit in a directory called "BUG Mod", so to add it to another mod, you need to make some slight Python changes for BUG to work.

I uploaded those changes here

Right now it is set up to work with Diversica, you will need to change Python/Contrib/CvModName.py. The change is very simple, set the first 3 variables to what is appropriate for the mod you merge BUG into. The most essential being "modName", that is the directory name of the mod, e.g. "Varietas Delectat" for VD.

Top Bottom