Greek Strategy in Latest Develop Commit

1SDANi

Sister Lady
So I've been doing trying to win a Greek UHV and think I may want to post my current strategy to see if anyone has any ideas for improvements and such.

• I start out with researching either Calendar or Literature, still trying to figure out which would be better, as if I build the Oracle in the minimum time span I won't research Calendar in time if I choose Literature and I won't be in the Classical era in time if I choose Calendar
  • Turn 1 I settle my land settler in Athenai (land settler starting squar), build a Work Boat and set priority to production, whilst sending both starting units on my boat to the Delphoi tile (southwest of mountain) and having the Workers Quarry the Marble
  • Turn two I settle Delphoi, build a monument, take the Marble tile for Delphoi and the hill south of the mountain for Athenai, set priority to production and have two hoplites board my boat
  • Turn three I send my Hoplites northeast up the coast and then on land towards the northwest, each taking their own path
  • I then proceed to send a Hoplite and a Militia northwest, the Militia heading on land safely northwards and the Hoplite heading the more dangerous southwest
  • Once my workers finish the quarry, they'll build a road on it and then Mine the hill south of the mountain, afterwards Orcharding and Roading the Wine
  • Once Delphoi's monument is built I will switch production to something, but I'm not sure what. I've been experimenting with Library so far and thinking about Barracks. I give the Marble to Athenai to finish off the work boat and work the hill south of the mountain
  • Once Athenai's Work Boat is build, I have it fish the fish and work it and build another Work Boat, not sure what to build after
  • Once Delphoi expands, I switch production to the Oracle and take back the Marble, switching the Hill ot Athenai as well, and have my workers Pasturize the Sheep, afterwards mining the hill northwest of the mountain
  • Once Athenai reaches 3 Pop, I switch to training a Settler and upon completion settle Spartre
  • My exploring Militia should have returned after grabbing the goody hut it was after by the time Delphoi expands twice
  • Once Delphoi expands a second time, I Mine the Copper, road it to Delphoi and upgrade my Militias
  • Spartre will own the Clams and Marble, Delphoi the Sheep and Northwest Hill, and Athenai the Fish and Southern Hill
  • Spartre will build a Barracks, Delphoi a Work boat for the Southern Fish for Spartre, and I'm not sure about Athenai

That's what I've plotted so far, I'm writing this after playing, so the order may be messed up.

Top Bottom