grigori

Wolfes

Chieftain
i Like to play as grigori it is possible with Luonnotar to build the altar?
Or will it implemented sometime?

i Like to play as grigori it is possible with Luonnotar to build the altar?
Or will it implemented sometime?

Its not. I dont know a good way to do it and keep it balanced since the grigori can turn them out.

I could set it so that Luonnotar of a certain level could be upgraded into prophets (so if you level them up you could do it), but there would be balance issues.

It is kinda odd that the Grigori, who have the Luonnotar units arent the most effective civ for creating it. Optimally the "Altar of the Luonnotar" should probably become a unique feature (since its an artifact from before the age of dragons) and the victory condition should use a new item ("gate to heaven" or some such).

English. Learn it.

Please be more helpful.

English. Learn it.

Basic civilness to the world around us, and comprehension of people with different backgrounds then our own - learn it, if you have the emotional capacity to do so. Have you ever tried learning a foreign language? It's a rather difficult and lifelong process, taking most individuals many years of studying. Oh, and lets not forget about practice - using it in real world situations. Too bad for those people however is how they will be rediculed for their efforts by certain individuals who are too ignorant to realize the process.

In response to the author of this thread's question; yes, you can get the alter victory with the Grigory civilization. Actually, they are my favorite in Fall From Heaven, and I also believe it is very themetically correct, as well - since Cassiel believes that the current God's are all fakes.

To make this work you can switch to the Theocracy civic - which allows for unlimited priests. Then the not so religiously fanatical Grigori can pop priests just as well as anybody else.

Oh I misunderstood the nature of the questoin. Using the Luonnotar to build it instead of Great Prophets! Ha, that's a cool idea but wouldn't really be necessary. The Alter is already one of the easiest victories to get and is pretty evenly accessible to all civs. The Luonnotar may be too busy keeping order in the world - removing the false religions from other civilizations (or just keeping it out of your own) to really be bothered by the construction of an Alter. Perhaps they'd figure if thats what the leader wanted, then he'd start a promotional campaign for Prophets.

Maybe make it so they can only build the first 3 versions of the alter?

Exactly what I was going to post as a suggestion :) Allowing the Grigori to flat-out build the Altars would seem to be a fairly balanced approach to the mechanic. Could be rather easily accomplished by doing what Command Posts do with Organized, only using it on Altars of Luon and Agnostic.

Exactly what I was going to post as a suggestion :) Allowing the Grigori to flat-out build the Altars would seem to be a fairly balanced approach to the mechanic. Could be rather easily accomplished by doing what Command Posts do with Organized, only using it on Altars of Luon and Agnostic.

That would allow the Illians to build the Altar as well (at least for now, assuming they stay Agnostic in Ice), and Minister Koun, too.

English. Learn it.

Not that you haven't been ripped enough already, but can I point something out? Look at his location. That's in Sweden, bud.

Not only that, but other than "it" and "is" being swapped, and perhaps needing a comma, it actually is good English. Bottom line is he communicated himself clearly, everyone understood what he meant - you should have either answered his question or remained quiet.

This forum is a very friendly, cordial place where we can gather to discuss the game we all love so much. There's no reason to not be friendly, or at the least cordial.

It is kinda odd that the Grigori, who have the Luonnotar units arent the most effective civ for creating it. Optimally the "Altar of the Luonnotar" should probably become a unique feature (since its an artifact from before the age of dragons) and the victory condition should use a new item ("gate to heaven" or some such).
Hmm, do you mean like Ascent to Transcendence or the Astral Gate?

I find the Grigori to be the most boring of all the civs. I think Agnostic should have some kind of bonus with it.

I don't find them boring. Their Luonnatar (available at Philosophy) can remove even state religion from cities, make units abandon their religion, move freely in rivval territory, and target disciples in enemy stacks. Grogori heroes can revert back to Adventurers at any time so they can upgrade to a different type of unit, and adventurers can join cities as Local Legends which provide culture, xp, and adventurer GPP. Plus, Force mana can be pretty useful.

Oh, wait, all of that is only in my modmod. Yeah, unmodded Grgori are pretty boring

English. Learn it.

A life. Get one.

------

in regards to the thread topic, id love for the altar to be a Unique feature and having to collect items and take them to the altar to get the victory condition would be awsome.

Well, I haven't actually added most of those features to the version of my modmod I'm working on now, but they should be in fairly soon. I was planning to finally get around to releasing a new version of my modmod (based on xienwolf's last modcomp for 0.32) on this Sunday, since school starts Monday and will probably detract from my modding time. Playing 0.33 might slow me down though.

I think writing in this forum is good way to improve my english.
Bye the way i heared, that america nearly choose german as their native language.
So
Sprecht mehr Deutsch!
But on the other side I am quiet happy that the last try to make german the world language failed.

Das ist der Weisheit letzter Schluss:
Nur der verdient sich Freiheit wie das Leben,
Der täglich sie erobern muss.
Faust II, Vers 11574 ff. / Faust

That German was 1 vote shy of becoming the official language is a common, but false, story. Some versions say that Hebrew was almost the official language, or that we have no official language was passed because of a 3 way tie between the 3 languages. That too is false. It is true that a bill was proposed that would require federal legislation be passed in both German and English, but the session ended before it came up for a vote.

The way things are going now in America, probably one day people will be saying "speak Spanish" instead (not assuming that China one day takes over the world).

Top Bottom