1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] GS impressions/random observations thread.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by iammaxhailme, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Jewman

Jewman Chieftain

I've been contemplating upgrading him for resource discount in renaissance, but you're probably right not worth it in single player.

2. Sagax

Sagax Warlord

Grievances actually working in my game:

upload_2019-2-18_17-10-46.png

Monty declared war on Scotland, which dragged me into war as the ally. So, desperate for new cities, I just went ahead and conquered his capital + 2 other cities. Kept all the cities for myself.

ZERO warmongering penalties, ZERO grievances from other civs for taking Aztec's capital. Heck, ZERO indication that I even did any kind of conquering. I can imagine Laurier saying "Thank you, and I am very sorry" every time we kill a unit and conquer a city, and the world just forgives us because "oh Canada":hug:

And yeah, Mounties..... situationally defensive units with one charge to create a single National Park, Can't be upgraded into, and they themselves upgrade into nothing. Seriously, I might just stick to Naturalists and not waste any hammers on these moose riders:wallbash:

3. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Chieftain

I assume Eleanor's language is some kind of old French, because it almost sounds Latin to me.

4. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Occitan. It's half way between French and Latin with some other regional contributions from Basque and such.

5. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

Its closest relative is my personal favorite Romance language, Catalan. I don't think there's a lot of Basque influence on either Occitan or Catalan, though, despite being close neighbors; the Basques have been pretty reclusive for most of recorded history. Probably more Basque influence on their other cousin, Aragonese. (It is pretty fascinating they managed to hold onto their language when all the other non-Indo-European languages of the region got murdered, sometimes literally, by Latin. I guess living reclusively in the Pyrenees will do that for you...)

It's kind of interesting how parallel the histories of Catalan and Occitan have been: both were major literary languages in the Middle Ages, arguably more important than Castilian or French, yet today both are moribund while Castilian and French flourish.

nzcamel and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  6. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

<Row AgendaType="AGENDA_DEMAGOGUE"/>
    <Row AgendaType="AGENDA_DESTINATION_CIV"/>
    <Row AgendaType="AGENDA_EXPANSIONIST"/>
    <Row AgendaType="AGENDA_FLAT_EARTHER"/>
    <Row AgendaType="AGENDA_GREAT_WHITE_FLEET"/>
    <Row AgendaType="AGENDA_INTOLERANT"/>
    <Row AgendaType="AGENDA_LIBERTARIAN"/>
    <Row AgendaType="AGENDA_PILLAGER"/>
    <Row AgendaType="AGENDA_TURTLER"/>
    <Row AgendaType="AGENDA_ZEALOT"/>

<Row Tag="LOC_AGENDA_DEMAGOGUE_DESCRIPTION">
    <Text>Wants to be the civilization earning the most [ICON_FAVOR] Diplomatic Favor, dislikes those who compete in [ICON_FAVOR] Diplomatic Favor.</Text>
    </Row>
    <Row Tag="LOC_AGENDA_DESTINATION_CIV_DESCRIPTION">
    <Text>Wants to be the civilization with the most [ICON_Tourism] Tourism, dislikes those who compete in [ICON_Tourism] Tourism.</Text>
    </Row>
    <Row Tag="LOC_AGENDA_FLAT_EARTHER_DESCRIPTION">
    <Text>Wants to block humankind from circumnavigating the globe or going into space.</Text>
    </Row>
    <Row Tag="LOC_AGENDA_LIBERTARIAN_DESCRIPTION">
    <Text>Dislikes any civilization who makes a strong attempt to win a Diplomatic Victory.</Text>
    </Row>
    <Row Tag="LOC_AGENDA_PILLAGER_DESCRIPTION">
    <Text>Tries to pillage as many tiles as possible. Respects other civilizations who pillage.</Text>
    </Row>
    <Row Tag="LOC_AGENDA_TURTLER_DESCRIPTION">
    <Text>Wants to stay safe from conquest. Dislikes those who have conquered other player's original capitals.</Text>
    </Row>
    <Row Tag="LOC_AGENDA_ZEALOT_DESCRIPTION">
    <Text>Tries to gain a religious victory. Likes those civs who have already adopted their religion.</Text>
    </Row>

These are all the new agendas btw.

7. Brutus2

Brutus2 Chieftain

I just got this achievement an hour ago and I can say I did honestly move a knight through a tunnel into Aztec territory while we were at war playing as Inca so it can trigger correctly.

WillowBrook likes this.
  8. gozon

gozon Chieftain

I had coal spawn on a tile with previously built terrace farm. In base or R&F this will still produce coal, but not this time. I wonder if this is a bug with terrace farms, or the whole mechanic has changed (like only mines extract resources)?

9. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Chieftain

I don't think unique improvements ever got resources. Districts do, though, and they still do

Zaarin likes this.
  10. StrideColossus

StrideColossus Chieftain

As this is also a random thread... had a blizzard or sandstorm, can't remember which, but I'm assuming they can also destroy the Inca tunnel improvement as well as 'normal' tile improvements. Had to reload autosaves to check what actually happened but that seems to be the case. Built one across a mountain chain as you do, founded second city on the other side to take advantage of the mountains and so on, then suddenly it was gone. Weird thing is the trade route that I had established was still working and the trader was going through the mountain even though no-one could!

11. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

Hungary is op af.

12. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Warlord Supporter

The thing I'm most impressed by is that you counted! :thumbsup:

Ondolindë and nzcamel like this.
  13. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

It was the only win in my HoF, which tracks that statistic.

Stilgar08, Kjimmet, Zaarin and 3 others like this.
  14. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer Chieftain

His ability to establish in 3 turns was pretty much the only reason to use him in R&F.

In GS, Embrasure's extra city strike AND free promotion are fantastic. The other promotion (name escapes me) that adds +4 to all loyal citizens within 9 tiles is great for warmongering.

nzcamel likes this.
  15. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Buggy Resort
    upload_2019-2-19_1-1-47.png
    Also do the sand values look right, its doing my head in
    upload_2019-2-19_1-9-48.png

Its a weird Christina game I am playing, peacefuil deity with 6 cities to see how CV goes. Not much choice with the sand (edit:T252 finish)
    upload_2019-2-19_1-5-35.png

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    ZeroSuitSenpai likes this.
  16. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

The cynical might assume it has something to do with the political fortunes of Madrid and Paris, or the nation-building of modern states which usually involved extingushing regional identities.

Zaarin likes this.
  17. Balerune

Balerune Chieftain

Ah, if the world was filled with Firaxis AI what a wonderful world it would be.:crazyeye:

18. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Civ IV Emperor EQM Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

He's great for helping with Loyalty issues as you wage war, especially as he only takes 3 turns to establish himself.

nzcamel likes this.
  19. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

That's not cynicism, simply fact: French nationalism has been very successful at curb-stomping minority languages in France, and to a lesser extent so has Spanish nationalism. Again Basque gets a pass in both countries because of its isolation.

20. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Actually the loyalty part gets resolves just while the governor is establishing themselves, doesn't it? It's something I've always thought is odd.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019