Guess the Demo release date...win a prize

Tomorrow would be nice, so I can spend less time checking the internet for some CIV V info, and more time playing a demo of Civ V. :)

Unfortunately neither of those makes us less of an addict.

I think the publishers are being a bit disingenuous publishing the demo only a week before the sale date of the game. Many here need to gauge their computing capacities, find, purchase, and install the right upgrades. The fact that by its very nature a demo is a comprehensive test, makes it well suited for that purpose.

Apparently, there are certain marketing considerations for the demo’s late outing of which we know nothing about, and when we bring it up, we are told to shush because we know nothing about. However, it would have been nice to have an early program that tells us whether our computers will perform adequately given a piece of software.

I’m willing to bet that companies such as Crucial Memories, or Dell, or even Intel, would want to be associated with such a venture.

Sometimes i feel like i'm one of the youngest "hardcore" civ players here :crazyeye: But I don't really know anyone else who would play Civ over a FPS, which is saddening really :(

I went hardcore at the ripe age of 6...

Internet not being installed till the 3rd of september, so now I would like a 4th of september release :D.

What I'd like to know is where I go to find out when it HAS been released? I'd like some place to check in to find out whether or not it has been released and how to get it. Can anyone help? Will someone post that here? We need a sticky to point us lamers to the demo when it is available! And, hah! I AM a grandmother civver! Been civvin' since Civ I !!

My poor 'puter doesn't meet specs and I will still probably pre-order the tea coaster... erm... Civ V and then figure out if I have to build yet another computer just for the latest Civ! I don't get the folks that think $1K is too much just to play Civ. Course I won't spend nearly that much, but way more than I really should. :)

I'm sure this forum is good enough for that, you'll be seeing "OMG DEMO IS OU?T!!!!" threads as soon as it comes out ;)

What I'd like to know is where I go to find out when it HAS been released? I'd like some place to check in to find out whether or not it has been released and how to get it. Can anyone help?

I check it on Steam as most likely the demo will be released through it.

I check it on Steam as most likely the demo will be released through it.

This - ^^, On the Steam's store page, go to the Civ5 game page, (theres a search box to easily find a game), then on this page it gives you information&trailers about the game, versions of the game, (e.g standard & deluexe), if any DLC is available, options to buy, and finally on the right hand side of the page, if a demo is available it will be shown there. With a "Demo Available, "Download Demo Button""

YES!!!! my internet has finally started working again, I'm now getting a mind boggling 1.5 mbps, which normally I would complain about being slow, BUT NO SIR, I'm not tempting fate, This speed IS GREAT!, no more waiting for Civ5 forums to load and spending entire nights downloading low quality videos to watch during the dat, YES! I'm back baby! I'm back!

So yeah er, Bring on that demo.

This - ^^, On the Steam's store page, go to the Civ5 game page, (theres a search box to easily find a game), then on this page it gives you information&trailers about the game, versions of the game, (e.g standard & deluexe), if any DLC is available, options to buy, and finally on the right hand side of the page, if a demo is available it will be shown there. With a "Demo Available, "Download Demo Button""

Or just click on the big DEMO button on the stores main page. LOL.

Typical Civ player, ask them the time and they tell you how to build a watch.:D

Or just click on the big DEMO button on the stores main page. LOL.

Typical Civ player, ask them the time and they tell you how to build a watch.:D

So true! :lol:

I think that Arioch was the closest one to the release date. The 21st :mad:

Yes, Arioch is the winner with some sort of pre-cognition, savant guess. Underbidding by 1 min was true genius.

Congratulations , your Happy Meal is being shipped on the next transport to California.

Top Bottom