Guess the map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red: Biggest consumer of Coca-Cola
Purple: Lowest?

Well, as I said in the last thread. Cuba being the only non-american red is a big hint.

Also how can it be off-topic in an off-topic thread?

Edit: Swink Canada has more mcdonalds then Cuba. So that is definetly wrong. Also we just had one about mcdonalds why would there be a second?

Well a big thing to answer would be what Cuba and the US have in common, or how Paraguay is different from the rest of South America.

Health care costs?

Either health care costs or something related like compensation to doctors would make a lot of sense, I think the latter is less likely though but we don't have the justifications between "red" and "yellow" - and it could clearly trend down from there in raw terms.

Though Cuba is known for having wide access to healthcare and measures well in "preventative" terms as well as general public health, so that comparison to the USA isn't perfect but in pure cost that still might be it.

I'd also note it's not quite just Cuba but appears to be a couple other places in the Caribbean that are red, but this just doesn't look like a map for production or consumption of some good, and I can't really explain what others have pointed out like in South America with another idea.

Something to do with baseball.

Foreign aid? (if you assign a monetary value to Cuba sending of doctors, maybe...)

last declaration of Martial Law? Allthough Probably incorrect.
Cuba had one in 1959
Zimbabwe had one during Magubess continuous reign
Canada had one when Trudeau was in power (War Measures act which was early 70's)
America might have had one. Not sure.

Ex-Yugoslav countries had one when Tito died and later when it started collapsing 1980 and 1990

The years suggest that it has something to do with communism. I guess that the middle colours are decades: 60s, 70s and 80s.

Are Greenland and Denmark on purpose different colour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom