Guess the map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it something to do with imported goods? Cuba hit a peak prior to the revolution. The richest European countries hit the mark a decade before the rest of Europe (and Greenland a decade after Denmark).

Are Greenland and Denmark on purpose different colour?
Yes. In the case of the USSR countries, I used the USSR. West and East Germany fall in the same decade. I forgot to include the Yemens -- North Yemen, if pictured, would be green and South Yemen blue.

Full scale, in case it was confusing.

Red: 1959 or before
Brownish: 1960s
Green: 1970s
Blue: 1980s
Purple: 1990 or later

But that doesn't fit Cuba, since January 1959 was then end of the revolution. So the map marks the changeover or immediate aftermath, not something prior to the revolution.
I would assume it is, directly or indirecly, linked to Castro coming to power/Batista being overthrown.

Red = 1959 or before. If the map details the moment when importation or consumption of some luxury good hit its peak, then Cuba would be fine assuming the peak was reached before the revolution.

Someone already mentioned tobacco consumption, maybe that was overlooked or the year was missed then. I'd go with that again though. The trickiness with the color corresponding to a year means that raw numbers/percentages/modern stats wouldn't in fact matter so tobacco does look really promising, peak year of tobacco consumption or imports or something in a given measure for each nation.

Attachments

• No_colonies_blank_world_map.png
    No_colonies_blank_world_map.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 194
Also Monaco and, depending on how you define things, Gibralter.
Cyprus as well depending on how you recognize Nothern Cyprus and the Sovereign Base Areas (which I believed aren't considered Cypriot territory, unlike Guantanimo, which is Cuban soil leased by the US).

And Singapore... But shouldn't this be in a new thread?

Also Monaco and, depending on how you define things, Gibralter.
Cyprus as well depending on how you recognize Nothern Cyprus and the Sovereign Base Areas (which I believed aren't considered Cypriot territory, unlike Guantanimo, which is Cuban soil leased by the US).

Either Gib and the Sov bases have only one land border or the UK has more than one border.

Singapore is an island and has no borders.
The waterway on the border with Malaysia is scarcely 500 metres wide in places, and there are two short border bridges across it between Singapore and Malaysia. So it's a border but not a true land border.

If you count artificial borders, the UK borders France, Denmark borders Sweden, and Bahrain does have one border with Saudi Arabia (which I believe was just a missclick by the map creator instead of Qatar).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom