Guess the New Civs

You can't really have "Indonesia" in the game and call it Indonesia imo

- The territory of both Sri Vijaya and Majapahit at the height of their power was about 50/50 Indonesian and Malaysian in modern day terms
- We're talking about the height of power being from the 7th century through to 1527 and Indonesia as a modern nation isn't nearly as important as say India or China.
- Indonesia is the worlds largest Islamic nation in modern times, but these kingdoms we're talking about were Buddhist.

Congrats and welcome to the forums! And good choices for civs. In another thread we have talked about seeing Tibet added. I agree, Tibet would be an interesting addition. :)

Tibet would, but they should try and keep it within the confines of the Tibetan Empire of the 7th Century rather than the Llamaist state of more recent times.
To prevent controversy and the like.

Tibet would, but they should try and keep it within the confines of the Tibetan Empire of the 7th Century rather than the Llamaist state of more recent times.
To prevent controversy and the like.

Yeah, I agree. I was thinking more of the "ancient" Empire like you are.

Given that they are adding a lot of new WWI era units I think there's a good chance of Austria, possibly Hungary.

I would like to see Poland in there and Tibet would be interesting too.

Given that they are adding a lot of new WWI era units I think there's a good chance of Austria, possibly Hungary.

I would like to see Poland in there and Tibet would be interesting too.

:crazyeye: Europeans sure as heck can't complain if they add Austria-Hungary as well as all these other Europeon Civs. Talk about targeting a demograph!

The last three civ's I think are going to most likely Zulu under Shaka. The Hittites under?, and finally for the last I have no clue most likely Moors as I have heard now possible Georgia (not the us state the country has rich history). You know what be cool Canada we have done many great thing's but some of you americans may get offended but i mean no offence. Like defeating the U.S and burning down the white house. With out Canadian particapation in both world wars they both be extended quite awhile longer or possibly lost. (Execpt the U.S in the pacific I give you that one and atomic bombs), and Canadians invented many modern day device's ex: Key frame animation, the telephone yes canadian, snowblower, gasmask, I just learned this basketball, insulin, kerosene, garbage bag, and egg carton, and many more I could go on forever,etc. Now for units the avro arrow one of the first advanced jet fighters, the joint task force 2 (JTF2) I guess would be a whole new unit of one the new 27 GUESSING of the 27. leader William Lyon Mackenzie King, or Pierre Trudeau. Special Abillity would be Double oil quatity and maybe 25% bonus in tundra and snow. So I think Canada should be a civ. P.S we do not live in igloo's nor hunt polar bear's or have dog sleds that's the inuit in far far far far far far far north canada like nunavut.

Sure is. In fact, all three of those terms are conceptually distinct.

Yeah, "civilization" is a broader term and doesn't always coincide with the political entity.

Yeah, there is a difference.

Sorry, I meant my previous post to be sarcastic. I should have indicated that better.

Obviously these concepts are mostly distinct. Nothing is cut an dried, but I still think that Indonesia is an inappropriate choice. To broaden it from individual empires to cultures I would say use the Javanese (which includes Majapahit, Kediri, Singhasari, etc.), or the Malay (Srivijaya, Sultanate of Malacca, etc.).

Yes India is in the game, but "India" as a name dates back to the ancient Greeks. It would be neat to have distinct north and south Indian civs, but while you could use say the Tamil for a southern civ or even widen it to the Dravidian, what would you call the northern one? The Magadhan? It was the center of power for the north during most of the pre-Islamic period. That's why "Indian" works. It's an historical term and it encompasses the whole of the diverse sub-continental civilization. The Indian civ in the game is a wide one similar to the Polynesian, Greek, Celtic, or even German.

Depending, if they are talking about screenshtos/articles in God and Kings, it confirms which civ are unlikely to be added in the EP if they are mentioned, we already know Lisbon eleiminated possibility of Portgual, and I think Jersualem was mentioned, eliminating Israel.

You got to remember this, Dublin and Edinburgh are currently City-States in vanilla, but Celts are taking them over, meaning 2 new militaristic city states are gonna be introduced replacing those two. When DLC came out, Seoul was replaced with Kathmandu or something, and Copenhagen became Sydney.

For exmaple, unless we see Warsaw in one of the screenshots, or articles, we can know that Poland could be added.

And I think Indonesia is out of the question, because Singapore was mentioned somewhere. But not sure if it was just an example or an actual demo.

If they introduced a mechanic so that major civs that did not spawn, could spaws as city states, then it would be possible.
To do so would however require quite a bit of work, picking what cities in each civs city list could spawn as a city state and what type.

I do not think they did this however, and I agree with you that it is highly unlikely for this expantion.

If they introduced a mechanic so that major civs that did not spawn, could spaws as city states, then it would be possible.
To do so would however require quite a bit of work, picking what cities in each civs city list could spawn as a city state and what type.

I do not think they did this however, and I agree with you that it is highly unlikely for this expantion.

I actually would love something ala Minor Civs like in Civ 4 (The mod). Would be fun that you'd have to research a tech that would unlock construction of Settlers.

ok so i exgerated on the burning, but we still beat the americans.:p

Tibet would be an interesting choice.
With Tibet I mean Greater Tibet,the territory of the Tibetan Empire.
Songtsen Gampo or Lobsang Gyatso would be great leaders or if they per se want a woman,they can take Empress Khri ma lod.

Tibet would be an interesting choice.
With Tibet I mean Greater Tibet,the territory of the Tibetan Empire.
Songtsen Gampo or Lobsang Gyatso would be great leaders or if they per se want a woman,they can take Empress Khri ma lod.

I agree. As long as we get the Tibet of the 700s would be very cool. And that would mean no ridicilous warrior monks or anything like that. It was a powerful empire that invaded the Tang Chinese several times.

Sorry, I meant my previous post to be sarcastic. I should have indicated that better.

Obviously these concepts are mostly distinct. Nothing is cut an dried, but I still think that Indonesia is an inappropriate choice. To broaden it from individual empires to cultures I would say use the Javanese (which includes Majapahit, Kediri, Singhasari, etc.), or the Malay (Srivijaya, Sultanate of Malacca, etc.).

Yes India is in the game, but "India" as a name dates back to the ancient Greeks. It would be neat to have distinct north and south Indian civs, but while you could use say the Tamil for a southern civ or even widen it to the Dravidian, what would you call the northern one? The Magadhan? It was the center of power for the north during most of the pre-Islamic period. That's why "Indian" works. It's an historical term and it encompasses the whole of the diverse sub-continental civilization. The Indian civ in the game is a wide one similar to the Polynesian, Greek, Celtic, or even German.

India isn't a civilisation. It is a subcontinent and a nation state. Your definition of India would include pakistan, and if you asked the devs whether or not india in game represents pakistan they would likely run away.

Also better india civs:
Marathan
Mughal
Maurya

The India in this game makes about as much sense as calling it the deccan plateau, from a history point of view at least.

ok so i exgerated on the burning, but we still beat the americans.:p
I am sorry to say but no. When you burned down the White House you were a British colony, tell me if I am wrong but you still revere the queen as your monarch. The telephone was invented by a Scottish inventor in America. The world economy relies on the partly on the United States. Not to mention we invented the automobile, airplane, and light bulb (there is much more than that). We also invented major new music forms such as Jazz and Rock and Roll. How could you say Canada beats America

I like the sound of the Khmer and Ethiopia to fit in with religion, and Ethiopia helping to represent Africa. Maybe the Moors as the remaining civ, or another native american group such as the Apache?

As others have said before, I think they'll keep Shaka and the Zulus for future dlc.

Top Bottom