Guilds/Corporations

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by WhimpyCiv, May 25, 2010.

1. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Thanks. I've been mulling over the idea of making corporations and guilds autonomous from the player, and spreading like religions, to reduce Micromanagement. Feel free to tell my why this is a terrible idea. ;)

2. os79

os79 Deity

Yep! I didn't bother installing either of them because they require too much micromanagement. If you can add auto-spread for Guilds and Corporations too, then you will be following RoM's precedent anyway so it's a good idea :). Just reduce the speed, I believe?

3. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Super Moderator

Definitely go for auto-spread, however you choose to do so. Less micromanagement is likely better :)

4. Iceciro

Iceciro Special Ability: Decimate

I would love autospread... at least within my borders... hmmmm... perhaps necessary evil that other nations could conceivably get it :)

How do we handle corporate buyouts - do we leave executives in for that sort of thing (and directed faster spread?)

5. Dharmaserf

Dharmaserf Chieftain

Hi. I'm playing AND, and I'm a little confused on how guilds work. I vaguely remember perhaps creating a Servant's Guild Hall, but now I can't find it--so maybe it was a figment of my imagination. I've got guilds from conquered cities spreading, but I can build Guild Halls and Mason's Guild buildings, but it doesn't show up as a guild or in the guild/corporation tab. The Civilopedia is quite confusing. So, can I make a guild myself, or is it auto-spread? I'm not sure what I am missing here. AND 1.74.

6. spad85IT

spad85IT Chieftain

Question: why I can't spread my corporation in other nation cities? When my executives go there it says "Cannot expand Sid's Sushi Co within nationX borders". :(

(I have realistic corporation disabled)

7. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

Maybe they have a civic that disables foreign corps.

8. Stelmack

Stelmack Warlord

State Property or Communism, can't remember which civic is in this mod.

9. rob-art1985

rob-art1985 Chieftain

I just cannot found a corporation. :(
    Can someone please tell me, what I have to do for it? I checked my civics and the settings again, I have all necessary techs and a lot of GPs left. :think:

Attached Files:

10. os79

os79 Deity

You have Realistic Corporations turned on.
    To turn off that option, at the beginning of a new game, go to Custom Game, not Start Now. Then go down the options and click off Realistic Corporations.

11. rob-art1985

rob-art1985 Chieftain

So, what's Realistic Corporations? Is it realistic, that they cannot be founded? :rolleyes:

12. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

Its Realistic because you can't control them.

13. rob-art1985

rob-art1985 Chieftain

?But who/what incorporates them?

14. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

They do it themselves. When they are ready.

15. phantomwolf13

phantomwolf13 Chieftain

Just wanted to mention in this thread that I uploaded two guides for guilds and corporations. The guides summarize the guild and corporation info and they also calculate actual yields in each incorporated city, based on the resources that you have. See this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=419791.

16. danomite

danomite Chieftain

What are the requirements for corps to incorporate on their own, so far 4 or 5 (2 player multiplayer) players have had the techs for quite sometime yet no corps are founding for anyone. Yes we have the realistic corps enabled. Events are disabled.

17. alb22

alb22 Chieftain

If I get this right... with Realistic Coorporations turned on I'll never be able to found a guild/coorporation on my own, and no way to change that after game start?

edit:
    I have all tech requirements, the "Guilds" civic, plenty of resources, rather big cities and the "Guild Hall" building in each of them. But after about 50+ turns still no Guild has been formed on its own.

18. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

You have the 'Guilds' option turned on I presume? That's what caught me out my fuirst game - couldn't figure out why I couldn't found a guild, but it was because the option hadn't been selected when I started the game.

19. alb22

alb22 Chieftain

Hi, thanks for the answer :). These are my current settings:

Options:
    Realistic Corporations ON
    Guilds ON
    Corporations ON
    Techs:
    Machinery
    Guilds
    Civics:
    Guilds

Also in the BUG Mod Options under "A New Dawn" I tried 'No Auto Corporation Founding' both checked and unchecked with no difference. I can't neither create for example the Craftsmen Guild nor does any other guild show up in my (rumbling :)) empire for about 100 turns now since Guilds became civic. What am I missing?

20. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

You have me stumped then. I'm out of ideas right now.