• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Hall of Fame Rules/FAQ

Is there any rule about posting a game in progress? I know I did it once, but afterwards I thought it might violate the "play your own game" clause.

Marsden said:
Is there any rule about posting a game in progress?
Nope. Perfectly okay as long as you're the only one physically playing the game.

I couldn't think of a better place to put this question...

Why is it that clicking on the link to the Civ III HoF makes me choose whether I want to see the Civ III or Civ IV page? I tested it and the Civ IV one goes directly to the Civ IV HoF page.
Are you just trying to lure us over to IV?

Bartleby said:
I couldn't think of a better place to put this question...

Why is it that clicking on the link to the Civ III HoF makes me choose whether I want to see the Civ III or Civ IV page? I tested it and the Civ IV one goes directly to the Civ IV HoF page.
Are you just trying to lure us over to IV?
Don't worry, there's no conspiracy involved :). It's just historical. Originally, before Civ4, the Civ3 HOF was directly at hof.civfanatics.net. We changed the site layout when we started to support Civ4 though, and just didn't get around to changing that link. I'll mention it to TF.

Bartleby said:
OK, those links are fixed now. Thanks for pointing that out Bartleby :goodjob:.

Still doesn't work if you use the link from the civ III forum :mischief:

Tone said:
Still doesn't work if you use the link from the civ III forum :mischief:
I'll whisper gently into TF's ear.:lol:

Vind2 said:
Do you have to have a write up for each submission?
No, you don't HAVE to. It's more interesting for the spectators if you do though, and you might well get some good feedback on your game from the better players...

I didn't see this answered in the first seven posts, so I'll ask:

Is there a place where I can print out the HoF Rules? I'd hate to play a game, and submit it for consideration to the Hof, only to find out that my submission is disqualified because I forgot something.

:confused:

Experiment 626 said:
I didn't see this answered in the first seven posts, so I'll ask:

Is there a place where I can print out the HoF Rules? I'd hate to play a game, and submit it for consideration to the Hof, only to find out that my submission is disqualified because I forgot something.

:confused:
The HOF website perhaps? Link's in my sig if you haven't been there before...If you register and log in you'll also see the 4000bc check page where you can confirm that your starting save has legal settings. It doesn't assure acceptance of a final submission, but it'll spare you a wasted game if you miscliked random seed or something...

Is it OK to add a couple of workers to a city and then use them to pop rush something the same turn?

It's an orange exploit in the rules:

Pop-Rushing
Despotism and Communism provide the opportunity to finish city production early at the expense of citizen's lives. This may be done with either natively grown citizens or immigrated workers/settlers. However, you may not add workers/settlers to a city to a city that is rioting or starving.

Presumably it applies in Feudalism too.

Thanks. I did take a look but I must have missed it. :blush:

I think that rule might only apply to vanilla/ptw. In C3C, it's not possible to add citizens to a rioting/starving city. Except when you irrigate to make it non-starving, add your citizens, and mine the tiles back to starving. But when you do that, you still never add a citizen to a starving city.

Bartleby said:
I think in C3C you can still add to rioting cities, but then you can't pop-rush on the same turn.
No, the rule you quoted a few posts ago specifically forbids that.;)

Top Bottom