• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Hall of Fame Rules/FAQ

A couple of months ago I had a 4 cows, river and gems on a mountain start. It is (was) in the #1 Huge Domination at Chieftain as the Mayans.

MapFinder is truly a great tool - All hail to Moonsinger :worship:

The other utility that will help you a lot is CivAssist, which will do things like alert you when your cities get too big for their luxes, before they riot, and when your opponents have new techs or workers... It's a great tool.

.....Or, you could use Mapstat from Dianthus.......I (still) use it instead of CivAssist. He is also the co-author of MapFinder.

You have to say nice things about Dianthus.....because he's a Moderator here and a Big Man at the HOF! :)

EMan said:
.....Or, you could use Mapstat from Dianthus.......I (still) use it instead of CivAssist. He is also the co-author of MapFinder.
Here's a link for those that might be interested: http://www.cfc-dianthus.com/crpsuite/

EMan said:
You have to say nice things about Dianthus.....because he's a Moderator here and a Big Man at the HOF! :)
There's nothing in the HOF rules about that, but maybe we should add it :mischief:

how do I submit a big save - I tried ziping it to get it under 2 mb but it didn't seem to work.

RFHolloway said:
how do I submit a big save - I tried ziping it to get it under 2 mb but it didn't seem to work.
I guess it's an autosave. Open it in Civ3 (or ptw or whatever) and save it again. That will compress it and you should then be able to upload it.

Thanks - can you guys ignore submission 1794 (4000BC Conquest loss) and take the submission 1796 (1345 100k win) instead!

How can you lose in 4000 BC, unless the Inca start is 2 tiles from you and you settle in place, the only other way to lose that early is to disband the settler :confused: :hammer2: :suicide:

denyd said:
How can you lose in 4000 BC, unless the Inca start is 2 tiles from you and you settle in place, the only other way to lose that early is to disband the settler :confused: :hammer2: :suicide:
It wasn't really a loss. It's not possible to get a finish save for a conquest loss so the submission system assumes that if the last save of an entry is unfinished it must be a conquest loss. It was actually just that he was having a problem uploading the final save as it was >2MB.

I see said the blind man, thanks for clearing that up.

BTW: I know I've said it before, but thanks for all the time and effort that you and SuperSlug put into the HOF :clap: :thumbsup:

Maybe it's about time someone mentioned what a good job Mistfit is doing near single handedly handling the Civ3 HOF submissions :goodjob::clap:.

Thanks for all the further replies above, everybody. Very warm and welcoming. :) Yes, I'm using the newer CivAssist now. Having great fun. Not exactly HOF-level fun, but fun all the same.

What's the chances of the reloading rule being relaxed to the old state where reloading for accidental Domination was permitted? :please:

What's the chances of the reloading rule being relaxed to the old state where reloading for accidental Domination was permitted? :please:
How long have you spent on the game? Huge milkrun?:(

I'm at 1090 AD in a huge chieftain milkrun (~80 h on the end-game clock).

tbh I'm not *that* fussed because I know that there's most likely 100 h more if I do finish it.

I hereby Second that Request! There are situations in Milk Runs where the Tile Control outcome is not that clear!

I have a 200-hour game right now where I'm keeping a safety margin of tiles because of the "New" Rule. (This is actually a Tiny Map......not all playing time obviously. Thought it better to "Run the Clock" that have extra sessions!)

However, I think people should be allowed to freely get to a 1-spare-tile-only when going for a High-Score Histographic Victory condition.

The games are played on an Honor System basis anyways.

If you need more specifics 'slug, I can upload the position. :)

I'm at 1090 AD in a huge chieftain milkrun (~80 h on the end-game clock).

tbh I'm not *that* fussed because I know that there's most likely 100 h more if I do finish it.
PM or Email me the save file, I can look and *maybe* authorize an exemption.

Top Bottom