1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Halo Mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Sir John, Jan 24, 2003.

1. Bluemofia

Bluemofia F=ma

We're all busy with our own projects...

Also, why did you appear all of a sudden?

2. Sir John

Sir John The evil one...

nah, no special reason.. just got heavily involved in some other large forums, so I just felt like check back in here :) See if I remembered people and so on :p

3. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

Hey Sir John, I've also been kinda absent from this forum.

And about the units, I dont even know if I have the 3D models left. If I do, I might make them for civ4. Maybe for civ3 too, but dont take my word for it. I barely play these games anymore since I'm hooked in a certain MMO game.

4. Benny-Tow

Benny-Tow Chieftain

I've been thinking about a halo mod for awhile. my 2 cents...

Civilizations-
    Humanity (or whatever you want to call it)
    The covenant
    Heretics (start at war with covenant)
    Grunts (have the "grunt" strategic resource, covenant can conquer them and make grunts)
    Brutes (work in same fashion as grunts)
    Hunters (same fashion as grunts)
    Jackals (same way as grunts)
    Flood
    Forerunners (units such as sentinals and large sentinals)
    and maybe several made up ones to keep humanity busy before they contact the covenant.

Have planets- large circular land masses surrounded by sea (space), about 20 of them, each 1 about 1.5 screen lengths large (this is to allow for strategic ground combat). planets have mountains, planes, and other terrain but no water to simplify things. each tile on a planet is worth the same food, water, anfd commerce as all the others to simplify things.
    two types of space tiles- near space and deep space (names can be changed) near space costs 1 movement point for quick movement, dep space costs more to make it more difficult to move through, which eliminates the need for large tracts of it between planets.

Earth starts out with earth fully colonized and outposts on a few other planets like Reach. Covenant starts out with three fully colonized planets and 1 Halo. this gives them an advantage to annex other civilizations and defeat the heretics. brutes, grunts, hunters and jackals and heretics start close covenant. Forerunners start out with a planet somewhere, as do all the other civilizations. Flood starts in a corner and doesnt get ships until mid-game to give earth and covenant a chance to get bearings.

Halos - there are 8 halos in space. they are immobile, and cannot be disbanded once captured. they each have some barbarian powerful unit guarding it, so earth and covenant cannot capture them until mid gAME (except for the 1 covenant starts with). Halos function as artillery pieces with a large range that fire 1 nuclear missle attack a turn. All planets are within range of atleast 1 halo but no more than two, except for earth, which is the only planet in range of none. They are powerful, and can control the game. They are positioned on a space tile that has the physics of a land 1 allowing units to attack it.

Wonders should include things like forerunners ship, which starts on high charity and powers it giving it a production bonus, the space defense iniative which earth builds and makes MAC gun battlegroups and MAC guns.

Fill in some blanks with the tech tree, which near the end has a tech called "the grand alliance"(the plot of halo 3). does stuff, allows earth to build Cortana MkII the most powerful unti in the game by far (seen the Halo 3 debut trailer?) stuff like that.

5. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

Where do you people keep coming from?

6. Heretic_Cata

Heretic_Cata We're gonna live forever

Heretics ? W00t! :woohoo:

So is this thing dead, undead, revivable, unconscience or in nirvana ?

7. Stormrage

Stormrage Ever Present Taskmaster

Its a zombie.. keeps getting shot down, gets up again.. Someone should either shoot it in the fuggin head, or use powerfull necromancy to turn it into a finished mod ;)

8. Aurtis

Aurtis Chieftain

Greetings,

I am Aurtis, Co-Admin of the Halo Archives. www.haloarchives.net, we are also in a Zombie state, but I would like to resolve that. So if you guys want to continue the project I would love to provide assistance in any way possible. We can use my site to store resources and make any finished parts of the mod avaliable for download. Also I have more personal knowledge then almost any single individual. From the specs on the MA5B, MA5C, MA2B rifles, all the charecters. Plot lines, units. Vehicles, structures. So effectivly I know what is needed for improvments, units, wonders, leaders, civs. Etc. Such as Forerunners should be barbarians, that way they can defend the Halos but can't win the game. The Flood, led by Gravemind should be able to dominate the galaxy and be able to conscript flood forms. I also wrote the Halo RPG which can also be used in any way possible. You can reach me at colin__parry@hotmail.com

Aurtis

9. Spartan354

Spartan354 Chieftain

My friend and I are Halo fanatics, and been planning on creating this mod. We have significant knowledge of the game. We plan on creating this mod, but have not officially begun. First, as i have never created a Civilization mod, would like to get some practice making other mods, so that i can use as much skill as possible to make this one. Once we do start, my friend and I would greatly appreciate you're help. We would put our full attention to making this mod.

10. sparten123

sparten123 Chieftain

when do you guys think that the halo mod will come out?

what civ games will it be on?

I've never done any mods or any thing but i am willing to help.

11. 039

039 Chieftain

*pops in randomly out of nowhere*
    thread looks dead but im gonna give input anyway

civs:
    UNSC- i hope you know them. led by Lord Hood
    URF- united rebel front- Guerrilla fighters that dont like the SPARTAN program
    Covenant- again kinda major element. Led by the prophets
    Heretics- former covenant forces that broke away due to "religious" differences. Led by the brutes
    Forerunners- Alpha race that created the rings , sentinels, and flood
    Flood- created by the forerunners as an experiment that got loose and now kills and infects the other races

i kinda started a mod like this a few years back but then i realized im bad at making mods because i dont really know how. if someone wants to start this mod back up, ill help with ideas, and sounds for units, and playtest.

12. Runephoenix

Runephoenix Chieftain

Such a promising mod gone dead :cry:.

13. Daryl95

Daryl95 Templar

Could you try bringing the mod back in civ IV?

14. CiaranB123

CiaranB123 That guy

Have you read the post above?

15. Daryl95

Daryl95 Templar

Yes, but the mod may have become dead because it is for an obselete game, civilization III.

16. againsttheflow

againsttheflow unpolitically uncorrect

17. cubsfan6506

cubsfan6506 Got u

Copyright Infrigement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. againsttheflow

againsttheflow unpolitically uncorrect

19. Daryl95

Daryl95 Templar

Sorry, but I was just saying that civ4 fanatics has much more activity and there would be more people interested.

20. Daryl95

Daryl95 Templar

It's not copyright infringement. This is a noncommercial(not making money) project. It's completely legal.