Hattrick

Edit: And number 8 just hit the back of the net!

Edit: In goes number 9!

Edit: Number 10...

Hmm you might want to post a list of your players since when checking your star ratings for games, they are very low. One of the problems I originally had was not realising that playmaking was the central skiill for inner midfielders.

I didn't know you played Hattrick...

Here's my team:

TangerineDream (695808)
Region: Iasi
League: VII

How about we do a CFC cup?

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/t...p?TOPIC_ID=2117

Quote:
Edition 4 will begin on 15 December 2004.

Registration will be open in a couple of weeks and will be closed by 7 December 2004.

This is just for information, I will open a discussion thread later on. Until then good luck in your leagues!

Everyone here is welcome to join although there is the minor hassle of registering at another forum but I feel it would be best to do a larger competition for now by joining the CDZ competition and then set up our own smaller friendly cup competition when the new season starts.

Hello, I've seen Dell's post on CDZ and I'm here to let you know we gladly accept new joiners in the CDZ Cup (may rename it InterSiteHattrickCup ), you will need to register and follow the topics at CDZ as I don't have the time to post updates on both sites.
Here's the sign-up and discussion thread: http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/t...p?TOPIC_ID=2138
I've also worked on the horribly outdated Who has what team thread that Shabba has linked, now it's up to date.

So you are welcome to join our CDZ/CFC cup :)

Philippe, could I have your teamID?

The first post should now be up to date. Hopefully some more people will join the CDZ list since only a couple of CFC people have so far signed up there.

Interesting week which saw the league effectively settled as the first placed team won 7-1 at home against second which basically guarentees them top spot. After an early scare where the opposition took the lead, we ended up winning 6-1 to stay third in the table.

The next three games should be easy wins and then we face the league leaders away which will be a case of trying to avoid losing too heavily...

I checked the team you were talking about, and it seems the eagles are preferring the central attack. All the time... so that's pretty predictable. Next time you play them, play with your wing defenders towards middle, or maybe even with 3 central defenders without wingbacks. You don't need the wingbacks. He's playing with 1 offensive winger, but with AIM that's 1 too many. You could play both your (midfield) wingers towards middle as well, or try to predict which wingback he's repositioning as striker and order 1 offensive winger in that "hole". Most of the time, his right wingback is a striker, so an offensive winger on your left might wreck havoc.
You can win this on the midfield. He has only 4 midfielders. Punish him.

Made a request on the 19th. Currently waiting for a team :)

Interesting Shabba, will have to try that since it might at least even out the game a bit. So I should generally be trying to overload the midfield against decent opposition? Will have to see what SMBA tend to play as well and see if there is a way to beat them as well.

So with central attack, it is best to counter with 3 central defenders?

Attack on the wings, counter with all 4 wingers and overload the midfield?

Not sure what to do against pressing or counter attack teams. I assume that counter attacking probably works well against teams who like to press.

Re: does it pay up for a friendly?

Playing teams in division VII or more on their field generally does not pay up for the travel cost. But as we have several teams in division V and VI and half of the games are supposed to be on your home ground you'll win more than you will lose throughout the Cup.

Re: Aphex Twin: You know about the Romanian hattrick forum don't you?

Anyway if anyone else is interested in the CDZ Cup, I'd rather have your confirmation now than in the last minute: 13 teams so far.

Dell19 said:
So I should generally be trying to overload the midfield against decent opposition?

So with central attack, it is best to counter with 3 central defenders?

Attack on the wings, counter with all 4 wingers and overload the midfield?

Hattrick is a game that's decided on the midfield. But my advice was specifically for a team playing 3-5-2 (like you) v.s. a team playing 3-4-3 (like your opponent).

V.s. AIM, you don't need wingbacks. Pump up your central defense.

Don't attack on the wings (as in team orders) since that diminishes your central attack. You could do that if you've got very strong wingers. If you set both wingers to offensive, that should be good enough.

I lost 8-1, but I did score my first goal.:D

Its been a tough run of games against the top teams in the division, and its more of the same coming up, so I expect I will continue like this for a while yet. There might be a point or two in the next couple of matches, both against the same team, but I doubt it.

The end of the season should be much more productive for Pugwash FC, with 3 of the last 4 games against pretty evenly matched teams.

BTW I have been using hattrick organizer to help pick my match squads.

Dell19 said:
Hmm you might want to post a list of your players since when checking your star ratings for games, they are very low. One of the problems I originally had was not realising that playmaking was the central skiill for inner midfielders.

I have two solid playmakers in my squad, but one of them is injured for the next couple of games. :(

Shabbaman said:
Hattrick is a game that's decided on the midfield. But my advice was specifically for a team playing 3-5-2 (like you) v.s. a team playing 3-4-3 (like your opponent).

I have now moved towards just playing 3-4-3 all the time since it allows me to train an extra player...

@Hitro, www.civ3duelzone.com, register, click on the hattrick sub forum and join up in the sign up thread for the cup. :)

Yes !
first game against a CFC partnair : and a victory away in Grasshoppers Elm Arena 1-2, with my A'-Squad.

interesting defensive 5-4-1...
but international friendly are very expensive for a young team in low level (6000 euros for the international exp., but only 3300 incomes from public)
And I lost for 2 weeks a A-team player (the double scorer of tonigth)...

Oh, maybe the most defensive tactic in Hattrick, but still my B-Team scored at least once...
I lost a young player for four weeks, I am thinking about firing him, cause hiring a doctor doesn't pay off.
Maybe when I am out of the debt, we can do a rematch at your stadium, then you have the 3000 income without the cost of 6000, so we are then both at 0.

Top Bottom