Hattrick

Take em every week. There is no increased chance if you miss one week.

socralynnek said:
I'd say, go for a bigger stadium as long as it's cheap. You might expand it in a few seasons otherwise, so maybe do it now!

I ended up going with the solid coach. Will have to see how it plays out. A 20k stadium should be fine for the next couple of seasons.

Elsaak said:
about trainees coming from our formation center :
must/should I take every week the available player ?
or is that increase chances to get a better guy if I take him only once out of 2 weeks ?
(are they better formed ?)

Don't draft at all, wait until your youth academy is at excellent level.

Basically I get the impression that you should start drafting as soon as you hit passable, certainly at solid since thats where I got my best youth pulls.

Thought I'd introduce my team here, since I also recently started this (I actually had been thinking about this for a while, see the first page of this post). Haven't played a game yet, but picked up the club halfway through the season and it seems have have gone somewhat wrong judging from the results the club had under it's previous manager. I am looking at purchasing a new keeper right now and hiring a coach or two, possibly investing in the youth squad for right now. If and when attendance goes up, I will probably expand my stadium as well.

Real San Francisco (70194)
Region: San Francisco
#7 in V.145

www.hottrick.org has a decent guide on starting out with hattrick although its useful to bare in mind would your club can financially cope with. Its a good idea to have assistant coaches but you may only be able to afford a couple.

Thanks for the link. :) Yeah, I only bought two coaches and invested a small amount in my youth squad, I'm playing it safe financially for now.

It seems it can be a useful idea to invest the small amount in the youth squad until you reach passable and then go to the full amount.

Lost my last two games 9-0 and 5-0.:(

The next couple of games look good for afew points though.:D

If you stick with it and start training some decent youth players then eventually the results will improve.

Another 20TSI youth pull...

Worst result of my hattrick career. Drew with the bottom of the league club which have a manager who hasn't logged in since october. And also we lost two players for 3 weeks each including my goalkeeper so unless I sign a new keeper I will have to play a wretched goalkeeper.

Which does lead to a question, should I spend a small amount of money to get an inadequate keeper since a better keeper might be important in upcoming games.

how can h estill be the manager of the team???????

Inter32 said:
how can h estill be the manager of the team???????

I assume that he is about a week away from being kicked off and that it the first month that he did log in he picked teams for every match...

You should get an inadequate backup in good form. You can always sell him for the same amount as you got him. You'll loose some money on the agent's costs and all, but that's peanuts.
Or you could keep him. I've an inadequate backup to my excellent goalkeeper.

If you buy a keeper, look for one out of your own country. That'll reduce salary costs.

Thats what I've been doing although I might go for a passable goalkeeper since my current goalkeeper is inadequate.

Dell19 said:
Thats what I've been doing although I might go for a passable goalkeeper since my current goalkeeper is inadequate.

I have got this one for sell :
Vítor Guerra (49212796)
he is passable, and just come from my training camp.

Gime your price ! :D

If he is a trainee then I would have to pay trainee prices, ie under 20 years old. Thanks for the offer but the public auction would push prices up anyway and player trades are only for rare players. Trying to get the only passable goalkeeper over 20 that didn't have an opening price at the moment.

You should get a reasonably high price if he is 17 or 18 and should try selling him unless you are training keepers.

I figured my team should not be in Series V right now. I was on the receiving end of one of those lopsided results. Not pretty. But next week we play a team that's just above us, maybe we can score a goal. :)

On the plus side next season you might get relegated into a weak series and easily win promotion.

Top Bottom