Have you finished a game of Beyond Earth?

Have you finished a game of Beyond Earth?

• Yes, of course I have.

Votes: 214 86.3%
  • No, and I don't know if I will ...

Votes: 26 10.5%
  • No, but not for lack of trying! (I really want to)

Votes: 8 3.2%

• Total voters
Of course I have. Aren't you interested in what late-game things do?

The problem of CivBE is replayability. I cannot pass judgment on the latest patch yet, but the pre-patched game was ridiculously easy. I won my first Apollo game in my first attempt and it wasn't a lucky run. Without a single war, I was the scoreboard leader for the whole game, 100%-200% in score ahead of the 2nd player. When I decided to wage war for fun in the last 10 turns before victory, my armies just rolled over the land with no resistance from my enemies whatsoever. And I wasn't even sure what I'm doing for most of the game!

Then, in my later games, I found myself in a position when I couldn't think of any other viable route to victory than maxing output from my farms, blobbing as quickly as possible and going for colonization victory (the one when you bring settlers from Earth). There's no reason to go supremacy and especially harmony. Why would I do that? Purity just murders anything in its way and aliens are not even a minor distraction.

After that Apollo victory, which happened 3 days after the game got unlocked, I abandoned CivBE anmd got back to it tonight.

For Africa, +1 bonus food for every 2 or 3 pop, active all the time, would be better / more balanced than what it is now. Or if you want to add upsides/downsides, have it so they have to stay healthy to get it (the way it already is now), which is actually a challenge, if you are expanding enough to win.

For the tech-based bonuses, it would be nice to see a science bonus (bpt) rather than one whole tech at a time. Maybe a beaker bonus of 10% of the cultural output (which is similar to an existing virtue) rather than a tech for every 10 virtues (for Franco) or a science bonus from satellites (as mentioned by Halbbruder).

Top Bottom