Hawk03-5CC Persian Astronauts

I will see what I can do about things, but I won't be doing much. I assume an immediate revolt upon learning the Republic, so my turns might be a real yawner. I guess we do want the alliance against England? I don't know if there's any real benefit there, we'd have to let them through our territory to get to the English. I wonder about tying an alliance with Germany vs the English to a peace treaty, so when they make peace with the English, we get war declared on us by Germany(war happiness). Then we trash Germany with immortals. Got the save, will play later.

you should build your final city where Munich is so you at least get ONE luxury
also KT is an option :evil:

Munich is too far north.

What's KT?

A city 4 tiles north of Pasargadae would be able to grab the Ivory with cultural expansion, and we desperately need that luxury. The city won't be very corrupt with a courthouse, and we may end up with a palace jump to Pasargadae anyway, which would make it very low corruption. KT means Knights Templar, and that wonder is not available in PTW. BTW, I think an alliance with Carthage vs English is too expensive for very little gain, Carthage might make peace in no time, so I don't want it.

I agree about the alliance.

Our continent seems weaker than the other, so if we quickly blitz Germany and Carthage before it's Immos>Pikes, we will have some time before the AI's ships can make it over. But when that happens, our continent will be crawling w/colonies

I am still advocating for that 5th city to go NW, W of Leipzig. We can colonize the ivory, and eventually it will come in our borders.

I have finished my turns. Good news, we are a Republic, I drew a 2-turn Anarchy, we are in the MA with Engineering and Feudalism, we can get the GLib if we want it in 7 turns, and we are iin a Golden Age. Maybe good news, we are at war with Germany and Carthage, and at peace with Greece for the moment. Bad news, we currently have no luxuries. Here is my turn-log:
Spoiler :

Pre-flight: CivAssist 2, Word running. Get the save loaded. Look things over.
Hire a scientist in Arbela, set science to 0%, lower lux rate to 10%.

Non-Combat:
Workers 3
Settler 1
Military:
Warriors 1
Archers 3
Spearmen 2
Horsemen 3
Immortals 7
Galleys 3

Hit enter=>

IBT: 1 galley sinks. Forest chop finishes near Pasargadae.

Turn 1, 110 BC: Mongols and Egypt have Republic, both are in Anarchy. Damn.

IBT: A Greek rSword and rWarrior appear near our fortified spear.
Persepolis Horseman=>Horseman.
Pasargadae Immortals=>Horseman.

Turn 2, 90 BC: Kill both Greek units with horses, 1 wounded -1hp, other goes elite.

IBT: So much for boring! Carthage allies with Greece against us, we lose our Gems, grrr! A Numidian steps onto our horses. Our brilliant people add landscaping to our palace.
Susa Horseman=>Spearman.

Turn 3, 70 BC: Kill rNM with horse, who is red-lined. Put 2 horses and Archer there to guard the Horses until I get a Spear there.

IBT: Persepolis Horseman=>Horseman.

Turn 4, 50 BC: NM stands on forest tile.

IBT: A Numidian steps onto our horses.
Republic arrives, I revolt, we draw a short 2 turns. Excellent!

Turn 5, 30 BC: Unkillable NM on our horses, lose an archer and 2 horses trying.

IBT: Another Numidian steps onto our horses. We leave Anarchy and are now a Republic.

Turn 6, 10 BC: Lose another horse trying to kill NM. Not only won’t kill them, they also don’t retreat!

IBT: 2 Greek Swords show up, a German settler pair intrudes near Pasargadae.
We leave Anarchy and are now a Republic!

Turn 7, 10 AD: Kill NM, and we are gold! I hate to do this, but it was too good to pass up. Make peace with Greece, trading Republic for Construction, Currency, 220 gold and their WM. This puts us into the MA, netting Feudalism as our freebie. I then trade Currency to Germany for 34 gold and their WM. They get Engineering as their Freebie, so I trade Feudalism for it. Unfortunately, we lose War Happiness from the Greek war, so lux rate goes to 30%. We do need the Ivory near Munich to be ours.

IBT: England ropes Germany into an alliance against us. Maybe we’ll get some new war happiness. A Carthage sword dies trying to kill an Immo.

Turn 8, 30 AD: Trade Polytheism to Egypt for Literature and their WM.
Kill both defenders and raze Sabratha.

IBT: English Archer landed near Persepolis. 3 English warriors arrive. NM dies trying to kill Immo who promotes.
Persepolis Library=>Immo.

Turn 9, 50 AD: Kill German Spear for 2 slaves, kill 2 Carthage warriors for 4 more slaves. I only played 9 to get us back even.

Non-Combat:
Workers 3
Slaves 5
Settler 1
Military:
Warriors 1
Archers 2
Spear 2
Horsemen 4
Immortals 9
Galleys 2
Contacts
Germany- War
Carthage- War
Greece- Peace, but acting suspicious
England-War
Egypt- Peace
Mongols- Peace
Aztecs- Peace
Cities
Persepolis, Size 9, grows in 6, Immortal in 2.
Pasargadae, Size 8, grows in 3, Immortal in 1.
Susa, Size 6, growth stalled, Pikeman in 1.
Arbela, Size 5, growth stalled, Harbor in 3.
Sliders 2/5/3, Monotheism in 14 turns

A couple of pictures:
The core, I think a city built on the yellow dot with cultural expansion would grab the Ivory, in conjunction with a Palace Jump to Pasargadae would complete our empire.
Spoiler :

Razing Carthage and a cultural expansion at Susa will grab the Gems.
Spoiler :

The save:

Oh well, at least all of our GA will be spent in Republic.

Roster:
Overseer: Just Played
Tasslehoff: UP
killerkid: On Deck
choxorn
sk8boardbob
Hawk

Okay, now for the question of Carthage's fate: To kill or not to kill?

Kill 'em until we get war-weariness. No reason to keep them around, and I hate Numidians. But we also need to work on Germany, so we can get a 5th city planted. I'd like to at least see Leipzig and Munich razed before we make peace there.

I think yellow dot will make a fine 5th city. IMHO, I think we need to do this task list in order in our wars:

1. Raze Leipzig
2. Raze munich
3. Build city 5
4. Raze carthage
5. Get the Gems.

I think th egermaqns are more important to kill now, and I'd rather not waste immos trying to kill tough Numid's. We probably also should wipe out Berlin, and the city North of Munich to give us complete control of the ivory.

I agree on paring Germany back ASAP, before they trade for Iron and we face pikes. Carthage can be a holding action for awhile, as they already have pike equivalents, but they do need pared back also. We have to watch out for England and Greece, if they get knights it's going to get dicey. Getting the luxes will help us alot, as the lux spending is hurting our progress. We might want to look at getting JS Bachs built for some happiness, plus cathedrals.

Definitely Overseer. Bachs would be a plus. I also think that once we found the fifth city, we should build the new palace in Pasargadae ASAP.

OK, I've played through 8 so far. I razed Leipzig and Munich, and founded Antioch. Made peace with Germany. Unfortunately, the Carthaginians started some strong resistance, and we've now got war weariness. I've razed every Carthaginian city except Carthage, Hippo, and the Leptis'. Do I want to just ignore it (fix with scientist/taxmen), or make peace now? I can get 31 gold and a world map out of the deal.

First off, great job Tassle! :goodjob: This is good news. I think that we should raze Carthage for the gems. Set lux to 20% and make some taxmen if necessary.

How close are our immos from getting to Carthage? If theyre far away, we might want to reconsider, but as you've razed most of Carthage's cities, immos are in the region, right?

If we have enough power to raze Cathrage, I think we should start our Palace in Pasargadae.

Raze Carthage, then peace.

Raze Carthage so we get the Gems, as Susa should expand soon. We don't have to annihilate them, just weaken them to the point that they never recover. Send them to the tundra, that should do it. No resources, very little food, and Carthage is a pipsqueak.

EDIT: Scratch that.
Also, we're losing quite a bit of gold. I suggest we lower the science slider by 10% until Carthage is gone.

Spoiler Turnlog :
Turn 0- 50 AD- Look things over, hit enter.
IBT- About 3 English warriors and a single archer. Carthage asks for peace. They're willing to give their whole treasury! All three gold! I refuse.
Pasargadae Immo->Pike Susa Pike->Pike
Turn 1- 70 AD- Horses kill English warrior and archer, and then retreat. Archer kills English warrior. I misclick and fail to set up a German raiding party. It will have to wait a turn. Upgrad a warrior to an Immo.
IBT- German archer appears and loses to our archer, then another one kills it. A Carthaginian sword appears.
Persepolis Immo->Immo
Turn 2-90 AD-Horse kills Archer. Immo kills and grabs Carthaginian settler pair, but is redlined. Horse kills another archer.
IBT-German archer kills horse, but is redlined. Sword kills redlined immo. A numid is on our horses
Pasargadae Pike->Immo Arbela Harbor->Library
Greece and England are building Sun Tzu's.
Turn 3-110 AD- Horse kills archer. Two Immos kill two spears, one kills an archer and razes Leipzig. Horse retreats to an archer.
Horse takes a hitpoint off the pillaging numid, then retreats. the Numid kills a Immo before dying to another.
Two Immos kill two Numids and raze Theveste. Immo kills an English archer and promotes, but two more remain.
IBT- Horse kills an archer clean, promotes, then retreats to another. Gereece building hanging gardens. Carthaginian sword appears and kills Immo, recapturing the slaves. Persepolis Immo->Pike. Susa Pike->Immo
Turn 4-130 AD- I employ risky tactics and lose a horse killing the sword. Immo kills an archer and becomes Veteran. Immo kills Numid and razes Rusicade (the tundra town).
IBT- a Numidian Mercenary attacks and kills a redlined Immo.
Pasargadae Immo->Immo.
Turn 5- 150 AD- Switch Susa to Pike. Lots of movement, no fighting.
IBT- Numid attacks a redlined spear on a mountain and wins. Joined by a spear, Susa isn't happy.
Turn 6- 170 AD- I found Antioch on the Yellow dot, and use it as a battle-town to get the attack on Munich. Immo kills archer. I send Susa some reinforcements.
IBT- Archer dies to Immo attacking Sabratha, promoting it to elite. A warrior is dropped by Persepolis. Fortunately, I have an Immo within reach, Strangely, there is no attack on Susa.
Pasargadae Immo->Immo. Susa Pike->immo
Turn 7- 190 AD- Immo kills Warrior and promotes to Elite. Immo kills a Numid attacking Sabratha. Immo kills Numid.
Battle for Munich: eHorse kills Spear, I misclick and send an Immo to the ivory, and the LAST immo redlines the spear, gets redlined, and then kills it, razing Munich. Whew! Somehow, it doesn't raze the city, giving me the "Ivory was connected to Persepolis" message.
Now that we're happy, I make peace with Germany for 31 gold and his World Map.
IBT- English archer comes and DIES to our redlined immo. Carthaginian sword kills Immo.
Persepolis Immo->Settler (in anticipation of palace jump). War weariness begins suddenly, and Arbela riots.
Turn 8-210 AD- Immo kills Numid and razes Sabratha.
Put an Arbela citizen on the gold-mountain, increasing the cash spent on Lux, and making him happy.
Set a pike on the now-evacuated mountain on Susa, and begin building an Immo stack, covered by a Pike.
IBT- Sword kills a full-health pike on a mountain and promotes :mad:
Pasargadae Immo->Immo.
Turn 9- 230 AD- I'm forced to bring the stack back to Susa to protect against a three-sword stack.
IBT- A sword kills our pike in Susa, and another sword dies to an Immo. RNG is feeling weird.
Persepolis settler->Immo. I'll let the next player do the Palace jump if the team agrees. Susa Pike->Pike. Arbela Immo->Market. We need some extra cash quickly.
Turn 10- 250 AD- I decide to risk immos to get the swords off the mountain. One Immo dies, and two swords are killed, The mountain is ours again. This time, I stack the full-health immos and two pikes on the mountain.

Spoiler Pic :

We are going to build the palace, not abandon Persepolis. It can be done manually, or we could use a leader. We are at war, so a leader could come at any time. It is not an immediate need, it's more of a future thing once we get some stuff done, such as getting rid of Carthage and Germany. If a leader comes along, we'll do it then, unless something nice like JS Bach's or Copernicus is available.

We're building the Palace manually, not abandoning our awesome biggest city that has the Collosus!

Roster:
Tasslehoff: Just Played
killerkid: UP
choxorn: On Deck
sk8boardbob
Hawk
Overseer

Top Bottom