Hellenic Javelineer (Akontistai)

Another version of civpedia "large" image.

BTW, what kind of hellenic peltast should I make for later eras (thracian merc, macedonian etc.) ?

Thracian peltast in Greek/Macedonian service. These guys would also carry a scythe-like sword.

Agrianian peltast in Macedonian service.

Those guys would work. But they look a bit more civilized than the Thracian. I guess they can be Greeks or hellenized Thracians and Illyrians.

Good question about the hat, it's called a Phrygian cap.

The floppy hat is a must! I think that means I would like a Thracian, please!

Right now I`m working on 2 peltasts - Thracian Mercenary and Macedonian/Agrianian one.

Any suggestions on other non-Hellenic javelineers, except Roman velites ?
What shield design would fit better for Macedonian peltast ?

Celtic ones would be nice.
Someone already made a numidian one right?
How about Spanish Caetrati?

Right now I`m working on 2 peltasts - Thracian Mercenary and Macedonian/Agrianian one.

Any suggestions on other non-Hellenic javelineers, except Roman velites ?
What shield design would fit better for Macedonian peltast ?
Heh heh, maybe... :mischief:

Upper right corner: Etruscan javelinman with the pot helmet.

Indian javelinman.

Mede/Iranian/Early Persian javelinman

Scythian/steppe javelinman.

Later Persian javelinman...

The spearman on the left with the crescent shaped shield is a Takabara light infantryman. The one on the right, with the big round shield, is a Kardaka, a type of imitation hoplite. The bowman in the back is part of a Sparabara team, the heavy archer/spearman pair, a common unit formation during the fifth century BC Greek and Persian Wars.

Celtic ones would be nice.
Someone already made a numidian one right?
How about Spanish Caetrati?
Good idea Tathlum ;)

Gallic javelinman.

Iberian/early Spanish javelinman.

Germanic javelinman.

Numidian javelinman.

Generic javelinman.

:eek: :drool: :wow: Oh no! Which ones to choose??? Augh!!! :aargh: Ack! :ack: *dies* :suicide:

Numidian peltast was already made by Plotinus and his generously posted attack animation was the general base for my javelineer attack animation (with some modifications).

Nice pics of peltasts. Step by step I`ll try to make them.

Also, in order to make a Slinger I need your help and advices on sling throwing techniques, on how slinger attack animation should look like.

Underhand, overhand and round the head :) One or two rotations before release, usually.

At least, I think.

I just opened this thread for the first time today, and to put it bluntly, I was a bit surprised.

But it's a great unit.

Top Bottom