1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BNW] Help in modding Civ BE Units in Civ V

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Electric_Gamers, Oct 15, 2018.

?

With or without Aliens?

1. With

69.2%
  2. Without

7.7%
  3. Without, but replace the Harmony Special Units with the GDR and/or the XCOM

7.7%
  4. With but call them Mutants

15.4%
  1. Electric_Gamers

Electric_Gamers Chieftain

So... I did this...
    upgr1.png upgr2.png
    Still a bit useless since the stats are currently the same and are unlocked with the same tech... Perhaps will make it so that the different affinities will have different perks... The thing is that those will NOT upgrade from this armor. I might need to learn how to create new techs... I heard it was not very hard. Anybody got any tips?

2. cd5ssmffan

cd5ssmffan Chieftain

You should use the "edit" url right below your post, it keeps it neater in my opinion. Also, very large images should be in spoiler tags, so they don't cover the screen. :)
    As for adding techs, take a look at this thread. https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/tech-tree-modding-tutorial-please.394864/
    You should also download the Future World mod here and look at how it works (there are other mods such as Prehistoric era, but I think learning from future worlds would be more appropriate for your mod)
    http://steamworkshopdownloader.com/view/596919865

3. Electric_Gamers

Okay, here's my work so far:

Spoiler Check Progress :
    phase 2.png

The flag Icons are the same because that's how it works in BE.
    That's the 3rd Tier. I am now thinking on how I will implement the techs for these. I might create 3 Techs called Harmony/Purity/Supremacy/ Tier one, where the 3rd tier units will be unlocked and another 3 ones called Harmony/Purity/Supremacy/ Tier two for the 4th tier units and then special ones for the unique units.

Edit:
    Spoiler Cobra, Dragoon and Redeemer join the fight! The Cavalry tree is now complete. :
    phase 2.2.png

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    Troller0001 and cd5ssmffan like this.
  4. Nutty

Nutty Deity

Looking good! You're picking things up fast as a new CiV modder.

Thank you! I didn't create the original (that was @alpaca), I just updated it for G+K and BNW (and alternatively combined it my WASD mod since the 2 mods are otherwise incompatible). In any case, it's a very simple mod, as the Lua hooks were there but Firaxis didn't choose to use them for some reason.

cd5ssmffan likes this.
  5. Electric_Gamers

Going for the Siege Units, so far...
    Spoiler First Test, no effects, no sound, just models, textures and anims. :
    upload_2018-10-19_23-18-53.png

Although I cannot Understand why the Siege isn't showing any rockets. I'm going to peek inside the fxsxml file to see what's missing...

Edit 1: So, as I thought, the missiles are vfx. However I tried replacing them with the ones from the rocket artillery and they got perpendicular to the slots and the firing animation just kept on looping and no explosions sound/effects occured...
    Shown Below:
    Spoiler Video :

This bug does not occur only when attacking other Missile Rovers, but also other units. I tested it in an artillery piece before publishing this.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  6. Electric_Gamers

Alright, Siege Units Complete:
    Spoiler All Units :
    upload_2018-10-20_18-41-25.png upload_2018-10-20_18-42-29.png

Attached Files:

Troller0001 and cd5ssmffan like this.
  7. cd5ssmffan

cd5ssmffan Chieftain

Is this a total conversion mod? or are you only going to be adding in the units? maybe some buildings or resources too?

8. Electric_Gamers

Well, my plan is adding only the Units (for now), don't know if in the future I might add buildings. Resources are a bit trickier to make I think, plus the tile improvements. So, for now I am making each affinity have it's own couple of usable resources:
    -Aluminium and Uranium for Supremacy (because tech)
    -Oil and Iron for Purity (because good ol' machines)
    -Horses(Yes I am aware of this, but I wanted to give them a use in the late-game, think of it as BioMass) and Coal for Harmony (because Organics)

9. Electric_Gamers

The Icons turned out great...
    Spoiler A taste of something to come... :
    upload_2018-10-20_22-8-20.png

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    Troller0001 likes this.
  10. cd5ssmffan

cd5ssmffan Chieftain

Making resources and improvements is really easy. If you ever need help, you should post here, I would be happy to contribute because your mod looks very fun. I haven't actually played BE ever but I am planning to get it sometime later.

11. Electric_Gamers

Alright then, I will, thanks!
    You should play BE, it's awesome IMO. It's basically a continuation of Civ V

12. Electric_Gamers

Alright It's getting late over here..
    Last things I did today
    Spoiler Show :
    upload_2018-10-21_1-2-21.png

cd5ssmffan and Troller0001 like this.
  13. YINGCHENG

YINGCHENG Warlord

It looks amazing! Can’t wait for more details of this mod. Are you going to make it compatible with mods like ‘future worlds’? It appears logically that those units should stick into the future era, and ‘future worlds’ is the one I think you are looking for. How are you going to add them. I am very curious.

cd5ssmffan likes this.
  14. Electric_Gamers

Thanks!Uhm... I actually downloaded Future Worlds to see how some issues were tackled there... My plan is to make this standalone. It may be incompatible (or not) with future worlds. Now that you mention the option to make it future worlds compatible I might do a second version that is compatible with it...

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  15. Electric_Gamers

Okay everyone, I got some important things to do this week so I can only continue to work on the mod after wednesday. Oh and BTW yesterday I was having problems with the Warden(4th tier purity ranger) where, unlike the other tier 4 affinities, I wasn't able to make it fire it's rockets(rocket animation/effects that I set to it didn't trigger) , only the rifles... Maybe I forgot to copy that specific animation file, bit that's unlikely since when I added the files to the unit's art folder, I added all the existing ones on the directory...

16. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

Ever considered releasing the unit models as a mod resource rather than as a mod?

17. Electric_Gamers

I mean I guess I could do both? I want to give people the opportunity of experiencing what my idea of the late game would be like, but at the same time, yeah, I can release the already converted models separately together with the textures, if that's what people want. I would be glad to release them. But first I need to finish the main mod before I work onto that.

Troller0001 likes this.
  18. Electric_Gamers

Alright people, I'm back, going to work on the marines, thank god from now on all the other units only have one weapon, unlike the rangers.

Troller0001, PabloX and YINGCHENG like this.
  19. Electric_Gamers

Surprise!
    Spoiler See 'em :

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    Troller0001 and PabloX like this.
  20. PabloX

PabloX Chieftain

Great work man :)