Help me figure out this Sci-Fi Movie I saw as a kid

Hereditary Rule

Warlord
I've scoured wiki and IMDB without success.

I saw this move on TV in the early 90's. I'm guessing it was released anywhere from 1980 to 1993-4. It scared me bigtime as a little kid and I'd love to see it again. This movie MAY have been made for TV, not sure. I'm 90% sure this wasn't a TV show (definitely over an hour long)

Basic plot

The movie takes place in present day United States. An Alien creature escapes from a spaceship and a human woman (alien who looks like a human?) from the ship follows the alien to earth to kill it. Perhaps the alien was a prisoner? This is a very similar plot to the movie "The Hidden", which I have seen recently.

Key Memories from the Film

1. The alien is very large, and has an insect-like body (about the size of a cow/horse).

2. When the alien escapes the ship, it passes by the protagonist who is hiding and its presence causes her pain and she screams. [this is a very vivid memory].

3. The alien attacks a jogger in a park and first learns it can use humans as hosts (even though it's much larger than humans, so it doesn't make sense). When leaving a human host, the human's eyes turn scary/bug like.

4. The female protagonist tracks it with a device which emits beeps when she is close to the alien.

5. In one of the final scenes, the alien is tracked by helicopter with the beeping device to a school/college where it has taking over a professor/scientist.

Can anyone identify this movie? this has bugged me for YEARS!!!!

sounds like just about every alien sci-fi movie ever made...sorry buddy...i can't seem to recall this one....was it a B movie?

Wish I could help comrade, but I got no clue.

I remember a movie from my childhood... Like most kids I had an interest in dinosaurs. The movie featured a group of friends who visit a mueseum, then they go on a raft trip (This sounds stupid but when i was a kid "OMG Dinosaurs!") and somehow it seemed they went back in time... they get attacked by a Giant Bird, see a Wooly Mammoth and in the end witness a fight between an Allosaurus and a Stegosaurus.

I adored this movie when I was a kid but I think sometime ago my VCR tore the movie to crap.

Maybe this thread could act as a Lost Film Thread ;)

Thanks for the help guys.

Yeah, this movie isn't a good movie, even by sci-fi standards (cheesy effects, no-name actors)

It wasn't outer limits (it would've been the 90's color ones but they came out too late) or Zeiram (thanks very much for the youtube link to confirm).

Registering to post on IMDB's forums is painful. :mad:

I'll keep searching.

Initially i believed it was Man in black 2.

I rememeber that EXACT film. I was searching for it when I found this forum.

Yes the woman (police alien) was a blonde about 25-30 yrs old

I searched for her (living daylights blonde)
I then found her :D

her name in the film is Ta`Ra
the film is called "Something is out there"

her you go :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096134/

Two police officers investigate a series of brutal murders in which the victims have had bodily organs removed. When one of them questions a young woman who has been seen at the crime scenes, it turns out she is an alien from an interstellar prison ship and that the murders have been committed by a powerful xenomorphic alien which had escaped

right now my turn :))

looking for a film i watched as a kid, scared me but now i think would be very poor.
an alien (man shaped :) ) looked like an over grown ET, his weapons was part of his body, he would remove living star fish type weapons and throw them at you, when they attached to you they would start to eat you.

looking for a film i watched as a kid, scared me but now i think would be very poor.
an alien (man shaped :) ) looked like an over grown ET, his weapons was part of his body, he would remove living star fish type weapons and throw them at you, when they attached to you they would start to eat you.

Never actually seen this but it used to be one of the "cool" films when I was a kid (I think the tape was stolen or something from the local rental before I managed to rent it myself). Anyways, I'm pretty sure the film you're referring to is Without Warning.

Thankyou , spot on..

downloading now from Usenet....

1 more film that i have tried to find made for TV i think

this one i think will be hard..

the plot.....

astronaught goes into space, does a space walk repair a sattalit or summit. gets hit in the face by a bright light....
back on earth and doctors give him the green light...
he gets dressed and like normal leaves the building.
the sun then shines on him and his eyes start to glow.
he gets scared and run to the door to get back in but the door is passcoded, he cracks the code in 2 secs (blur fast fingers) and goes inside.
later in the movie they experiment with his powers, he can get stronger run faster think faster. but if he overuses his powers his eye glow red and he starts to damage his brain..

I remember this film as being cool (for my age) and now would probably be crap. much like logans run series which I thought was amazing but now seems a bit flat :)

I rememeber that EXACT film. I was searching for it when I found this forum.

Yes the woman (police alien) was a blonde about 25-30 yrs old

I searched for her (living daylights blonde)
I then found her :D

her name in the film is Ta`Ra
the film is called "Something is out there"

her you go :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096134/

Two police officers investigate a series of brutal murders in which the victims have had bodily organs removed. When one of them questions a young woman who has been seen at the crime scenes, it turns out she is an alien from an interstellar prison ship and that the murders have been committed by a powerful xenomorphic alien which had escaped

Thank you! This is it!! Much appreciated!! :goodjob:

Top Bottom