Help Wanted Ads

I had two more ideas for things that I would like to do with Wonders, but I don't see that there is a way to do in the XML. If there is, please let me know. These are not religion-specific.

First, a building that grants +X Happiness from your State Religion in all cities. (I thought this was <iHappinessStateReligion>, but that's for Temples and other buildings that require a particular religion and only affects the city that the building is built in.). Call this <iGlobalStateReligionHappy>.

Second, a building that grants +X Happiness from all buildings of your State Religion. Call this <iBuildingStateReligionHappy>.

Are these possible to do?

They sound pretty easy to add.

I had two more ideas for things that I would like to do with Wonders, but I don't see that there is a way to do in the XML. If there is, please let me know. These are not religion-specific.

First, a building that grants +X Happiness from your State Religion in all cities. (I thought this was <iHappinessStateReligion>, but that's for Temples and other buildings that require a particular religion and only affects the city that the building is built in.). Call this <iGlobalStateReligionHappy>.

Second, a building that grants +X Happiness from all buildings of your State Religion. Call this <iBuildingStateReligionHappy>.

Are these possible to do?

This should be in the Ideas/Suggestions Thread, "I'm just sayin.":p

This should be in the Ideas/Suggestions Thread, "I'm just sayin.":p

Well, I'm asking here because I've got specific wonders that I want to create, but I just don't know if the code exists to let me do what I want. I can do all the rest of each Wonder (button, movie, game text) but the code is incomplete.

Here ya go ...

Steampunk Tank (National Unit - Limit 15)
Graphic: Here
Icon: ?
Type: Wheeled
Strength: 38
Movement: 1
Cost: 300
Req Tech: Steampunk
Req Resource: Coal AND (Iron OR Steel)
Req Building: Traction Engine Workshop
Upgrades To: Light Tank OR Tank

Special Abilities
  • Doesn't Receive Defensive Bonuses
  • Cost 1 Gold Per Turn
  • Starts with Blitz and Amphibious Promotions

Notes: Nearly the Same as the Early Tank.

Could you do the War Wheel too please?

War Wheel (National Unit - Limit 15)
Graphic: Here
Icon: ?
Type: Wheeled
Strength: 36
Movement: 2
Cost: 220
Req Tech: Steampunk
Req Resource: Coal AND Tires
Req Building: Traction Engine Workshop
Upgrades To: Jeep OR Humvee

Special Abilities
  • Can Withdrawal From Combat (10% Chance Chance)
  • Cannot Attack
  • Ignores Terrain Movement Costs
  • Starts with Sentry I, Guerrilla I and Woodsman I Promotions

Notes: Nearly the Same as the Motorcycle.

Thanks in advance! :goodjob:

Hydro, looking at the graphics for these two there are no icons for either, when you have a moment could you please make me icons for these two? Thanks in advance.

Well, I'm asking here because I've got specific wonders that I want to create, but I just don't know if the code exists to let me do what I want. I can do all the rest of each Wonder (button, movie, game text) but the code is incomplete.

Aiandy has created a new thread for tag requests generally. That's the place to repost this.

I am looking for someone who can merge all my modular resources into one folder (except the culture resources). If you think you can do this let me know. This task is boring and tedious but should help organize things and maybe even speed things up a tiny.

It is on my list. I was going to merge them as I finished them. IE when I got the icon in the gamefont_75 file. I figured that it would both give me an incentive and keep it organised. ;)

Is there a way to make a permanently recurring event? I'm designing the Blarney Castle wonder, and I want it to trigger the following:

• Every 50 turns, picks a random AI leader.
  • Then there is a 50% chance that you get a permanent +1 relations bonus with that leader.

I set it up as two events: the first event recurs every 50 turns, and each time has a 50% chance to trigger the second event. The second event is the +1 relations bonus.

Here is the XML code that I was using to try and do this:

Code:
			<AdditionalEvents>
				<EventChance>
					<Event>EVENT_BLARNEYVISIT_1</Event>
					<iEventChance>100</iEventChance>
				</EventChance>
				<EventChance>
					<Event>EVENT_BLARNEYVISIT_2</Event>
					<iEventChance>50</iEventChance>
				</EventChance>
			</AdditionalEvents>
			<EventTimes>
				<EventTime>
					<Event>EVENT_BLARNEYVISIT_1</Event>
					<iEventTime>50</iEventTime>
				</EventTime>
			</EventTimes>

This is crashing every time I try and finish the Castle. Without the recurring feature, the event works fine.

Do I have to use the <ClearEvents> tag? I'm not sure how that tag works, and I don't want it clearing the relations bonus from the events.

Do I have to use the <ClearEvents> tag? I'm not sure how that tag works, and I don't want it clearing the relations bonus from the events.
From a quick look at the code this tag just sets the event to not having occured yet.

From a quick look at the code this tag just sets the event to not having occured yet.

I tried out <ClearEvents>, and that helps the event recur. The problem is somewhere in the <EventTimes> area. I now have the event triggering EVERY turn, so all that's left is to figure out how to get the event to delay.

Hey SO, check this out!

See Hydro's post below.

JosEPh

Here easier to read this way ...

@STRATEGYONLY:

Couldn't figure out where else to put this, so here it is.

I would like to help with development. I'm a mathematician and AI programmer currently working in government R&D - no slouch in the programming dept, and Python is in my top languages. (Let me know what kind of development ecosystem you use, if you please. I usually just use Linux command line / a text editor, but Eclipse works nicely also.)

I've been a big fan of mods like ROM, ROM-AND, and especially C2C. If you need a hand coding, count me in!

Please PM me or email me at: thenorthwestalgorithmist@gmail.com

I'm still working on the Blarney Castle wonder, and I'm wondering if there is any way to make a repeating cycle of events with just the events XML and not using Python. The effect I'm trying for is that every so often, you get a relations bonus with another leader. Every 25 turns, the game picks an AI and gives you a 50% chance for +1 relations with that leader.

So far, I have set up two triggers and three events.

Trigger #1 goes off as soon as Blarney Castle is built. It calls event #1.

Event #1 has a 50% chance to call event #2 and a 100% chance to call event #3 X turns later. I currently have it at 2 turns for testing, but I would probably want it set to at least 25, if not 50.

Event #2 is the +1 relations with the chosen leader. The event doesn't interact with the cycle otherwise.

Event #3 doesn't do anything by itself, but it is supposed to serve as a prerequisite event for trigger #2.

Trigger #2 is supposed to go off as soon as Event #3 triggers. Trigger #2 then calls event #1 and the cycle repeats. The problem right now is that Trigger #2 is not going off. I know Event #3 is working because I get the text notification for it triggering, but I don't get a popup for Trigger #2.

Is there something I am doing wrong or is a cycle like this completely prevented by the game? I thought I modeled it correctly using the Slave Revolt event as an example. I know I need the second trigger in there because I want the cycle to pick different leaders for the relations bonus.

I've attached what I've created so far.

Blarney Castle is continuing to confuse me. It doesn't look like the XML solution will work. I tried it enough times that I'm convinced there is something in the code to prevent recursive events.

I found a tutorial for making non-random events using Python here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=268759. I've tried it out, and the issue is, I don't know what event type to use for the XML file in the config folder. The Statue of Zeus example simply puts everything into CvRandomEventInterface.py, so that's not helping.

This is my Blarney.xml file in the Config folder:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<mod id="Blarney" module="Blarney">
  	<event type="GameUpdate" function="canTriggerBlarneyVisit"/>
</mod>

This is my Blarney.py file in the Vokarya folder:
Code:
## Sid Meier's Civilization 4
## Copyright Firaxis Games 2005
##
##
## Blarney Castle
##
## Forces the Blarney Visit event to trigger every certain number of turns.
## Adapted from Fierabras's tutorial: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=268759.

from CvPythonExtensions import *

import CvUtil
import sys

# globals
gc = CyGlobalContext()

###################################################

def canTriggerBlarneyVisit(argsList):
	kTriggeredData = argsList[0]
	turn = kTriggeredData.iTurn

if (turn % 3 == 0):
		return true
	return false

The EventTrigger file for this event has a <PythonCanDo> to call the canTriggerBlarneyVisit function. Right now, the event is firing every turn, when I want it to fire only every X turns. I'm pretty sure the question is: what is the event type I need to use? I know it's not "GameUpdate", and it's not "BeginPlayerTurn", because that gives an error. With this configuration, PythonErr.log is completely empty.

I've attached all the files that are currently being used to make this event. These files are creating an event that goes off every turn. If there's another way to do what I am trying to do, I'd love to hear it.

Top Bottom