Hermetic lore for FFH DI4 (not for use outside this game)

Agreed completely.

We must remember that, even though he can accept the quest, he may not perform it as we foresaw.

We can present options, but should try and avoid coralling his character into a certain way of doing things.

Now that I think of it, I should probably alter my storyline a tad, as I coralled Gerran a little bit myself...

Have you considered naming some areas of the map. Not small tiles....we'll leave that to the Gods if they have a special quest (such as the Farland Moors).

I mean broaders swaths of the map (such as my idea of the "western wall" mountain range to the west of N.G.

Would help with the storytelling, methinks. :)

Already done....only required a minor fix.

It will be interesting to see if Gerran ignores my request to leave the forest free and decides to try and take advantage of the great food output the ancient forests provide.

Of course, angering the god of life may see the forest removed and replaced with unhealthy marshlands and bogs. ;)

Have you considered naming some areas of the map. Not small tiles....
I will do that. I have already done some (like Fjord, Calaheen, Bloodstone River), but "less is more". One or two per round.

I would also like the Grigori to make up some names. After all it is them, who are explorers in this game.

BTW:have you noticed the dwarves called the "Westwall Mts" as "Kaladan Mts" in one of the narratives?

I thought that was the mountain range which contains the ancient city of Gal Dur.

I actually had used the Kaladan mountains at first, because I assumed that was the range he was talking about, but then read it again and decided to change it.

I'll edit my narrative now.

Fortunately, the only tag I added was "forest of renewal"

Verdian named that range Kaladan, so it should be added by u at some point.

I agree about only naming a few things a round, and completely agree about letting Gerran name some things for himself....the Kaladan mts being a good example. :)

Once more: I BEG you. It is enough (well...much too many!) features that are already added to the tiny corner of the map. The world is huge. He will have 50 turns for explorations in this round. Possibly he will make a map exchange. Not unlikely that he will have half of the continent revealed soon. If you have to add something - do it, but NOT in 15 tile forbidden zone around New Grigoria!
Else... I go mad!:crazyeye:

I was thinking the same thing, and was going to originally place the forest and quest to the west of the Perdition Glade near the small river that enters the sea where the land begins to turn south again, but figured he would never be able to make it past the castle and it's horde of goblins.

Also thought the forest should be near Sucellus' tomb. I will make future quests further out (I already have an interesting one involving the great desert surrounding the mirror of the sun, but it's infested with hill giants and other baddies, and the route there is a dangerous one to say the least.

More of a mid-game quest....

Bootsiouv, is there a chance that you edit your narrative so thet you use the existing castle (the one with plagued guys within) instead of adding a new one? If you wish you may put the ogre to the existing citadel on top of the units that already are there. There is even a "man in agony" who might be your (now plagued) healer.
It was me who had added this citadel, just for flavour. I dont need it, you may use is you wish. Especially taht you are a god of life.

How about that?

Hmmm, that would be fine really.

I'll pull the save now if that's ok.

Is anyone using the man in agony for anything currently?

Hmmm, running game and I.E. is too much for my little laptop.

Will be back after I make some changes.

I finished my changes basically just deleted my citadel and moved my units to yours. I kept the man of agony, and gave him channeling three, so he won't defend the stack (hopefully), but what's to stop Gerran from just killing him (since he's barb unit right now)?

May just have you remove the man in agony for now, and add him in after the quest is completed.

If your getting a constant ctd, you should do what you have to to fix it....another one of your jobs IMO is to keep things balanced and running smoothly.

I had some trouble saving the game, but it said it saved.

Load my save, see if it happens from that one.

Back in a few, we should probably work this out before Verdian comes around and begins to build stories around things....

Attachments

• Gerran AD-0050.CivBeyondSwordSave
    238.6 KB · Views: 53
I have to run out for a few hours.

I'll take the save if no one decides to before I get back, and see if I can figure out what's wrong.

It almost certainly has to do with the addition of the new civ, as there were no issues I could tell before it was added.

I will admit that I have limited knowledge of worldbuilder, so I may have a tough time figuring out exactly what is causing it. If anyone else feels more comfortable tackling this issue, I would be appreciative. If not, well, someone has to do it, yes? :)

I finished my changes basically just deleted my citadel and moved my units to yours. I kept the man of agony, and gave him channeling three, so he won't defend the stack (hopefully), but what's to stop Gerran from just killing him (since he's barb unit right now)?
If you kept him, that's fine. He is a Slave, so he will be captured instead of killed. Not even needed to give him channeling promotion.

Oh, I C, I actually accidentally erased the whole tile, so had to start over and made him a medic....is there a unit marked slave in the worldbuilder?

If you're planning on going in there to look at the CtD problem, would you mind changing him back to the way you had him?

If not, I'll do it in a few hours time.

Top Bottom