High and low

Rhye

's and Fall creator
I'm going to add a "very high" likeness, but I was wondering if I should think about adding a "very low" too.
In fact, I think I remember someone complaining that RAND was just RFC with random maps rather than Civ with RFC features. But I can't find the thread where I read that, so I might be just confusing and maybe it was the other way round?

sounds like a pretty good idea.
along what lines are you thinking for 'very low' likeness? I admit I personally did not play low much, but more different layouts ... maybe.

provided there would be such a thing as a new world. in extreme cases it could be more like a pangea world or some other different thing too where many UHVs have no meaning.

about random assignment: I'm no expert, but aren't some of them tied pretty tightly to the civs abilities, strengths and starting position? I mean, having to research some tech first or build some wonder could be difficult if you end up starting much later in the game.

I might add that option, but UHVs and conquerors event will probably need to be disabled in that case (if I can't track where the new world is)

I think that in RAND we shouldn't use terms as Europe or Old and New Worlds. Let's say that the landmass where you spawn is Your Continent, and any different landmass that's at least 8 plots from Your Continent is a Far Continent. It shouldn't be that difficult to identify these continents.

This way, these could be the new UHVs:

SPANISH
OLD Be the first to found a city in the "New World"
NEW Be the first to found a city in a Far Continent​
OLD Ensure there are no English, French or Dutch colonies in the "New World" in 1700 AD
NEW Ensure there are no colonies from Your Continent in that Far Continent in 1700 AD​
OLD Control one Native American civilization in 1760 AD
NEW Control one civilization in that Far Continent in 1760 AD​

FRENCH
OLD Build 7 cities in the "New World" by 1760 AD
NEW Build 7 cities in the same Far Continent by 1760 AD

GERMAN
OLD Control 3 European civs of your choice in 1870 AD
NEW Control 3 civs in Your Continent in 1870 AD​
OLD Control 6 "old world" civs of your choice in 1940 AD
NEW Control 6 civs in Your Continent in 1940 AD

INCAN
OLD Ensure there are no European settlements in 1600 AD within a radius of 10 plots from your capital
NEW Ensure there are no settlements from a Far Continent in 1600 AD within a radius of 10 plots from your capital​
OLD Ensure there are no "Old World" civilization's settlements in 1800 AD within a radius of 10 plots from your capital
NEW Ensure there are no settlements of a Far Continent civ in 1800 AD within a radius of 10 plots from your capital​

AZTEC
OLD Enslave 5 European units
NEW Enslave 5 units belonging to a Far Continent civ​
OLD Allow no "Old World" civilization's colonies in 1700 AD within a radius of 10 plots from your capital
NEW Allow no colonies from a Far Continent in 1700 AD within a radius of 10 plots from your capital​

AMERICAN
OLD Allow no "Old World" civilization's colonies in 1930 AD within a radius of 12 plots from your capital
NEW Allow no colonies from a Far Continent in 1930 AD within a radius of 12 plots from your capital​

The concept doesn't change. It's hard to know where the continents are and measure their distance, without guiding the mapscript (such as in low likeness).

Arkaeyn, which features of RFC would you drop or reduce in favour of standard gameplay in a very low setting?

In fact, I think I remember someone complaining that RAND was just RFC with random maps rather than Civ with RFC features. But I can't find the thread where I read that, so I might be just confusing and maybe it was the other way round?

I believe I said something along those line. Like "When I first learnt about RAND, I thought it would be something like standard BTS with RFC features, when it was in fact RFC on random maps". But it was not a complain, merely a remark ;)

The concept doesn't change. It's hard to know where the continents are and measure their distance, without guiding the mapscript (such as in low likeness).

Arkaeyn, which features of RFC would you drop or reduce in favour of standard gameplay in a very low setting?

The main thing I was interested in was having a game where all the civs started at the same time, but which included stability and the rough pacing of an RFC/RAND game (and stability). Something more akin to the random version of ROC.

Top Bottom