• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

History Rewritten (Original Thread)

Okay, two problems, not sure if someone mentioned them, but I'm sure they have:

1) The Shaman/Shamanism in general causes my game to crash

2) Germany's unique building is the Rathaus I believe, and not the Assembly Plant, but you seemed to have messed up in the XML file and it states that the Rathaus is a factory replacement.

You just need to go to Civ4CivilizationsInfos in the Civilizations folder in the XML folder, and change it from:

<Buildings>
<Building>
<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_FACTORY</BuildingClassType>
<BuildingType>BUILDING_RATHAUS</BuildingType>
</Building>
</Buildings>

to <Buildings>
<Building>
<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_COURTHOUSE</BuildingClassType>
<BuildingType>BUILDING_RATHAUS</BuildingType>
</Building>
</Buildings>

Okay, two problems, not sure if someone mentioned them, but I'm sure they have:

1) The Shaman/Shamanism in general causes my game to crash

2) Germany's unique building is the Rathaus I believe, and not the Assembly Plant, but you seemed to have messed up in the XML file and it states that the Rathaus is a factory replacement.

1) The issue is with the Shaman unit art, I'm still trying to work out what's causing it. If I can't figure it out I'll replace the unit graphic completely for 0.6.

2) Oops, good spotting. Fixed for 0.6.

Small Thai text glitch, not a big glitch, but thought I'd point it out.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-07-08 at 12.34.14 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-07-08 at 12.34.14 PM.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 98
To Xyth, a proposal for religious system :

Often, and it is not cool, religions spread anarchically without logic...

If you set religions spreading to zero, the only ways to spread religions would be by missionaries from the holy cities...

As result religions spreading should be more controlled...

A missionary could be built once at time, but expensive and could spread religions in X cities before building one other...

A christian missionary could spreading christianity 5 once in five following cities, after you must rebuild it for 6th 7th cities...

Of course cost should be exponential, first missionary could costing 100 hammers, second 200 hammers, third 400 hammers, fourth 800 hammers, it would be an example for Christianity...

Nothing is keeping you from have cheaper "one shot" missionaries at 25 hammers, or reflecting spreading power of a certain religion... Or a 500 hammers 10 shots missionary... Or a 100 hammers two shots missionary...

What do you think ?

Of course having choose religion or not should be not changing anything since it's religion based and not First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth or Seventh religion...

it was a good idea ?

Well, I think it would be better to keep it the way it is. When people have moved around, they have carried their religions with them. That is one way for religion to spread.

Just thought this up: maybe you could make the Celt's Dun a replacement for the castle instead of walls. In Ireland, the Dun was really just a fort.

Okay time for an update on how 0.6 is progressing. This is the first time I've seriously delved into building art changes so it's taking a while as these are much trickier to get right that units and leaders are. Unique Wonders for every civ is the major feature and here's what I've got for that so far (not listing or discussing stats yet, just choices/art):

Code:
Celts:			Brú na Bóinne			(Royal Cemetery)¹
Britain:		Globe Theatre			(National Theatre)
France:			Louvre				(National Museum)
Netherlands:		East India Company		(Stock Exchange)²
Germany:		Hansa				(Stock Exchange)
Vikings:		The Sagas			(Heroic Epic)
Hungary:
Russia:			Hermitage			(National Museum)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greece:			Iliad and Odyssey		(Heroic Epic)
Rome:			Circus Maximus			(National Theatre)
Byzantium:		Pandidakterion			(Academy)³
Phoenicia:		War Harbour			(Military Academy)&#8308;
Berber:			Alhambra			(Seasonal Palace)
Spain:			Museo del Prado			(National Museum)
Portugal:		Torre de Belém			(Military Academy)
Egypt:			Sphinx&#8309;				(National Monument)
Nubia:			Nuri				(Royal Cemetery)
Ethiopia:		Bete Giyorgis			(National Monument)
Mali:			Sankore&#8310;			(Academy)
Swahili:		Serengeti			(National Park)
Zulu:	
Sumer:			Epic of Gilgamesh		(Heroic Epic)
Amurru:			Ishtar Gate			(National Monument)
Assyria:		Menagerie			(National Museum)
Hatti:	
Israel:
Arabia:			Petra				(Royal Cemetery)
Persia:			Gundeshapur			(Academy)
Turks:			Grand Bazaar			(Stock Exchange)
India:			Nalanda				(Academy)
Tibet:			Potala				(Seasonal Palace)
Mongolia:		Epic of Jangar			(Heroic Epic)
China:			Terracotta Army			(Royal Cemetery)
Korea:			Cheomseongdae			(Academy)
Japan:			Himeji Castle			(Seasonal Palace)
Siam:			Ramakien			(National Theatre)
Angkor:
Vietnam:		Tale of Kieu			(Heroic Epic)
Polynesia:		Moai Statues			(National Monument)
America:
Sioux:			Mahcoshica			(National Park)
Iroquois:
Aztec:			Calmecac			(Military Academy)
Maya:
Inca:			Machu Picchu 			(Seasonal Palace)

¹ This a new national wonder, though it will probably take on some aspects of the National Epic, which I'm removing
² formerly Wall Street, the English are getting a new UB: the Public House
³ formerly Oxford University; the building built by Great Scientists will be renamed University, and the former University will be renamed School. Probably.
&#8308; formerly West Point, the building built by Great Generals will be renamed Armoury
&#8309; the Pesedjet Shrine will change to Karnak
&#8310; the World Wonder will change to the Great Mosque of Djenne (trying to find the native name for it, anyone know?)

There are a few gaps as you can see. America I'm not worried about as there are MANY options and I just haven't decided which I want yet. I have some options for Israel (Masada, Ezekiel Kifl) and the Iroquois (Gayanashagowa), but others ideas are welcomed here. Angkor is troublesome as almost everything they built is religious in nature and there is next to no art available for them other than the Angkor Wat. Worst case scenario I'll just give them the Angkor Wat and replace the World Wonder with something else. The Zulu I'm deliberately not thinking about atm as I'm probably going to expand them to become the Bantu at some point.

That leaves Hungary, Hatti and the Maya which I could use some suggestions for. I want to avoid any wonders that are mostly religious or legal/governmental in nature as these aspects are better handled by religions and civics respectively. As always, any choices are limited by the building art available.

EDIT: Gave the Museo del Prado to Spain.

Your mod turns to be big :eek:

What are the differences between generic national wonders and specific national wonders other than cosmetic ?

More bonus for specific national wonders ?

What will be the difference from Moai Statues and National Monument ?

Why not proposing for late era a city building would giving +1 production by tile into sea and ocean but not in coast...

What are the differences between generic national wonders and specific national wonders other than cosmetic ?

They'll be like UBs, replacing the National Wonder listed. So for example, when the Sumerians build the Epic of Gilgamesh it will provide the effect of the standard Heroic Epic that everyone can build but will also have extra benefits as well.

The Moai Statues are just becoming the Polynesian version of the National Monument and will be based on the Mt. Rushmore. I haven't made a replacement wonder that has the original bonus of the Moai Statues.

Why not proposing for late era a city building would giving +1 production by tile into sea and ocean but not in coast...

I plan to add some new World Wonders and buildings eventually, I might get a few in with 0.6 but more likely I will tackle these when I focus on the tech tree in 0.7.

Your mod turns to be big :eek:

expect it to get bigger, after we have two months as an absolute minimum

Are there ever going to be any new civics? That would be cool!

Got any tasks to distribute, handing us each some research points would be productive

I understand, this mod progresses in a certain order, but before I forget about posting this, when it's due, let me point at an improvement of the combat system, that's been speculated about in connection with the hex map of Civ V. It's the concept of orientation of a unit. Wouldn't it be nice to have that in Civ IV, too? It would be another step away from numbers and masses, if there was a real ability to outflank an opponent. That applies to ancient warfare (Phalanx) just as much as to modern (front lines). As we know, orientation of a unit can be found and freely changed in the WB file, so, wouldn't this be possible with a button within the game interface, too? I wonder, if there is a chance to tell the game, before an attack commences, to check for the orientation of the defender… There are eight orientations in the rectangular world of Civ IV; a unit at +2 or -2 orientational increments in relation to the nose tips of a defender would, then, sit in his flank…

Got any tasks to distribute, handing us each some research points would be productive

For the moment I primarily need Unique Wonder suggestions for the few civs I'm missing still: Hungary, Hatti, Israel, Angkor and the Maya. See the list I made several posts up for what they could potentially replace.

Once 0.6 is done I'll can ask for volunteers to help research things like civics and whatever else may be in 0.7.

I understand, this mod progresses in a certain order, but before I forget about posting this, when it's due, let me point at an improvement of the combat system, that's been speculated about in connection with the hex map of Civ V. It's the concept of orientation of a unit. Wouldn't it be nice to have that in Civ IV, too? It would be another step away from numbers and masses, if there was a real ability to outflank an opponent. That applies to ancient warfare (Phalanx) just as much as to modern (front lines). As we know, orientation of a unit can be found and freely changed in the WB file, so, wouldn't this be possible with a button within the game interface, too? I wonder, if there is a chance to tell the game, before an attack commences, to check for the orientation of the defender… There are eight orientations in the rectangular world of Civ IV; a unit at +2 or -2 orientational increments in relation to the nose tips of a defender would, then, sit in his flank…

Unfortunately almost any change to the combat system would require DLL changes and is thus impossible on Mac.

One more unit that causes crashes for me -- Christian missionaries. I also noticed they cause crashes if I select building them from within the city screen; they don't even have to be "created" to cause a crash (though they causes crashes when they're "born", too.)

Crash log attached. I'm off to invade Japan.

Attachments

• ChristianMissionaryCrash.txt
    13.2 KB · Views: 46
Curious, its seems that Christianity is default religion in Civ IV and should not causing problems :confused:

One more unit that causes crashes for me -- Christian missionaries. I also noticed they cause crashes if I select building them from within the city screen; they don't even have to be "created" to cause a crash (though they causes crashes when they're "born", too.)

Crash log attached. I'm off to invade Japan.

What civ were you playing as? If it was an African civ then I'm pretty sure I know what the issue is and I'll see what I can do to fix it. If it wasn't an African civ then I am puzzled.

In other news my partner has come down quite ill (not serious, but a lot of discomfort) and I have very little time to devote to HR until she's feeling better. Apologies for yet another delay on 0.6 but hopefully it won't be a long one.

What civ were you playing as? If it was an African civ then I'm pretty sure I know what the issue is and I'll see what I can do to fix it. If it wasn't an African civ then I am puzzled.

In other news my partner has come down quite ill (not serious, but a lot of discomfort) and I have very little time to devote to HR until she's feeling better. Apologies for yet another delay on 0.6 but hopefully it won't be a long one.

It was an African civ -- I was playing as the Nubians.

I hope your partner feels better soon.

Top Bottom