History Rewritten (Original Thread)

For f*...... 5 hours to download? any torrent files atleast? jeez. don't have five hours.

I'm able to download the mod over ADSL in New Zealand in well under an hour so I can only assume that the problem is somewhere at your end. There is an alternate link (Atomic Gamer) available on the download page you could try instead. I don't maintain a torrent because we have monthly caps here.

I used Atomic Gamer and it downloaded in under an hour, think it was more on Megaupload's..

Though I can't seem to be able to play the mod at all now -.-... not sure why, it worked until I "Alt-Ctrl+Del" the game in init phase because i realised I forgot to add or patch something.. I dunno..

You should REALLY consider adding BULL and Adv. Diplomatic Options.

Though I can't seem to be able to play the mod at all now -.-... not sure why, it worked until I "Alt-Ctrl+Del" the game in init phase because i realised I forgot to add or patch something.. I dunno..

What errors are you getting, if any? Be sure to check the Troubleshooting thread.

You should REALLY consider adding BULL and Adv. Diplomatic Options.

Mac BTS doesn't support custom DLLs so I cannot include any. BULL may be okay as I think BUG is coded intelligently enough to handle it being available or not. Try it. Given I develop HR on a Mac I cannot implement or support anything else.

I am not getting any errors, I click on the shortcut and nothing pops up, but it's ok, I think I'm through with Civ IV.

This may seem obvious, but are you double-clicking or single-clicking? (I may be misinterpreting your post, but it's best to make sure!)

-.- ,I'm even pressing enter, it won't start up, and I think I might have corrupted something when I Ctrl+Alt+Deleted it :(...

I actually even re-installed the mod.. I'm gonna see maybe it works now.

Just a small message to you xyth. I thought about you saud about Civ IV and Civ V ... ( yes I know ... I can be very slow sometimes :p )

I'm not sure I'll still enjoy so much to play Civ IV anymore, but I like soooooooooooo much modding for it that I re-installed Civ IV and all tools needed to mod.

So, I began to update ( I mean really update ) all the units I worked on + new ones ! So thank you to be there because modding without any motivation is a bit empty of sense isn't it ? ;)

Are you enjoying rugby ? I enjoy and for the next weeks, I'm going to divide my days betwwen work/civ4modding/rugby with some really strange hours due to the jet lag ! :lol:

If you like rugby, I wish all the best luck to your team during this new world cup, even I support my own team :lol:

Thanks again !

Just a small message to you xyth. I thought about you saud about Civ IV and Civ V ... ( yes I know ... I can be very slow sometimes :p )

I'm not sure I'll still enjoy so much to play Civ IV anymore, but I like soooooooooooo much modding for it that I re-installed Civ IV and all tools needed to mod.

So, I began to update ( I mean really update ) all the units I worked on + new ones ! So thank you to be there because modding without any motivation is a bit empty of sense isn't it ? ;)

Great to hear you're still working on your units, I look forward to seeing and using them when they're done :)

Are you enjoying rugby ? I enjoy and for the next weeks, I'm going to divide my days betwwen work/civ4modding/rugby with some really strange hours due to the jet lag ! :lol:

If you like rugby, I wish all the best luck to your team during this new world cup, even I support my own team :lol:

I'm not a huge rugby fan but having the World Cup here is pretty exciting so I'll be watching a few games on TV. I can't decide if my fellow Kiwis will be more insufferable if we win or if we lose hehe.

I just want to say once again what a delight it has been to play this mod. It has turned out to be a favorite addition to our Monday night LAN games.

That being said, I have been adding some additional content and making multiple tweaks to an earlier version of your mod. It has come to a point where a few friends thought it would be interesting to see if you would allow me to upload it to Fanatics as a mod to your great mod.

I have changed many aspects of the game, adding in things from my mods and toying with many new concepts.

I perfectly understand if you have reservations about it, or perhaps dead against it but I thought I would ask?

As always, thanks for such a great game.

Troy Christensen

I just want to say once again what a delight it has been to play this mod. It has turned out to be a favorite addition to our Monday night LAN games.

That being said, I have been adding some additional content and making multiple tweaks to an earlier version of your mod. It has come to a point where a few friends thought it would be interesting to see if you would allow me to upload it to Fanatics as a mod to your great mod.

I have changed many aspects of the game, adding in things from my mods and toying with many new concepts.

I perfectly understand if you have reservations about it, or perhaps dead against it but I thought I would ask?

As always, thanks for such a great game.

Troy Christensen

Could you post a list of the changes you've made?

Boy I just made them without really documenting them. Here is a small list of changes:

Roads give a bonus to all improvements including worked squares; each improvement varies depending on the type but significantly alters production.

All coastal tiles now give +1 hammer/-1 gold

Jungles now damage units moving through them

Reefs damages ships moving through them

Changed where workshops can be built (so they can be built in desert and permafrost)

Added in a Archer unit that was more attack oriented than defensive (Ash bowman)
Added a new type of swordsman (generic use for all empires called mercenary)
Added a new early gunpowder unit that is generic to all empires
Changed workers to being able to defend (cannot attack however)
Changed significantly the sea units and their point scores, also when and how they can enter the ocean tile

All resources are technologically revealed.
Also added Hardwood as a resource
Added two new tiers of sawmills -- lumberyards and wood shops
Modified the bonuses that improvements make and the penalties associated with them.

Changed several Civics, also modified slavery and the entire Religion line. Names of Civics better represent the names of my ideas on cultural development.

Technology discovery windows appear for all players (multiplayer oriented)
As well as displaying World Wonder movies for players

Changed the GUI color scheme modified.

I gave the mod of your mod a new name, with starting graphics and screen.

You're welcome to post your version on CFC, there's no intellectual property as such among the CFC modding community. No doubt I will borrow some of your ideas from it.

I would appreciate it though if you were to indicate clearly on your mod's title screen that it is a branch of HR. In your forum thread/download page too, with a link to this subforum. It would also be great if you could document "Xyth's Credits" somewhere, so that everyone's work and input over the years is acknowledged.

Thanks.

Again it is an awesome mod. I am actually very jealous of you because my friends think my mod of your mod (LOL) is the best they have ever played. Your kernel mod just seems to be magical for us and did exactly what we had always wanted a mod to do.

But of course once you start pulling at the string in the new jacket, you can just keep pulling.

Hello Xith,
I have a problem with this mod. I download and install the mod. When I try to execute the mod appears a message that says "CIVIV BTS stops to work" and the mod doesn't execute.
Can you help me?. I run Windows 7 and I think that the folder is correct.
Thank you in advance and excuse me for my bad English.

Hello Xith,
I have a problem with this mod. I download and install the mod. When I try to execute the mod appears a message that says "CIVIV BTS stops to work" and the mod doesn't execute.
Can you help me?. I run Windows 7 and I think that the folder is correct.
Thank you in advance and excuse me for my bad English.

Check this post first. Make sure you're launching the mod in English as there is no support for other languages at this time. If that doesn't help, first tell me the full path where you've installed History Rewritten.

Hello Xyth,
Thank you for your advice. Now the mod plays. The problem was the name of mod folder.
I follow your instructions and the problem solves.
Thank you for all.

Just wanted to let you know that since all of my files were lost I am now using your mod as the mod I now play with regularly.

Great work. I will be toying with it for my own amusement though. :goodjob:

Top Bottom