Hm, earliest hominid not from Africa but Europe? :o

You are aware that Valka doesn't believe in Adam or Eve? :crazyeye:

There are myths that before Eve, Adam's wife was Lilith
AND that Lilith was made by God in the same way as Adam.
Not from his rib.
On "equal" level. Although it does appear that the original Lilith, positive matriarchical, was in the end still transformed in an evil woman, befitting the patriarchical convenience of the (later) priests.
AND.... BTW... it could very well be that the "rib" is a wrong translation.
(tons of speculative literature on all that.... and no time machine to find out)

Just like Mozes having horns on his head after he came down the mountain was a wrong translation. It should have been something like shining/glowing.
When Michelangelo made his famous statue Mozes, he fixated in marble that wrong translation in the bible.

It is all very interesting (if you like it)
Michelangelo's Mozes was for me as little kid the eyeopener how human errors are made divine by humans :)

Attachments

• Moses-by-Michelangelo-c1513-1515.jpg
    Moses-by-Michelangelo-c1513-1515.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Somewhat relevant to the thread, I thought. A French scientist found the so-far earliest "Human" in Northern Africa of all places. There is no consensus, but apparently "he" has more in common with Homo Sapiens than with any of the earlier species. From BBC:

The idea that modern people evolved in a single "cradle of humanity" in East Africa some 200,000 years ago is no longer tenable, new research suggests.

Fossils of five early humans have been found in North Africa that show Homo sapiens emerged at least 100,000 years earlier than previously recognised.

It suggests that our species evolved all across the continent, the scientists involved say.

Their work is published in the journal Nature.

Prof Jean-Jacques Hublin, of the Max Planck Institute (MPI) for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany, told me that the discovery would "rewrite the textbooks" about our emergence as a species.

"It is not the story of it happening in a rapid way in a 'Garden of Eden' somewhere in Africa. Our view is that it was a more gradual development and it involved the whole continent. So if there was a Garden of Eden, it was all of Africa."

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-40194150

It's probably worth saying that our oldest fossils are almost certainly not among the oldest examples of their species. But very interesting nonetheless.

:rolleyes:

So your next claim would be some pretzel-twisted event that explains how women existed before Eve?

Men and women were made on the 6th day... They were given the image of the gods. Eve appears later in the Garden and her curse is increased pain in child birth. Well, it wasn't just her curse, researchers are narrowing down when females began suffering increased pain in child birth - with anatomically modern humans ~200 kya... Genesis describes a primitive form of man becoming us, an innocent unaware of good and evil and unashamed by his nakedness.

AND.... BTW... it could very well be that the "rib" is a wrong translation. (tons of speculative literature on all that.... and no time machine to find out).

There is a Sumerian myth about Enki's rib being healed by the goddess who co-created humans with him. The goddess was lady of the rib and lady of life, Eve acquired both designations.

Last edited:
:coffee:

Yes, 'tis the season of summer reruns, heard this all before, and there's still not a shred of evidence to back up your claim.

what claim? you asked a question and I answered it
Your answer included a claim you've made numerous times before.

Been there, done that, not interested in fighting it out yet again.

Berzerker, it's really hot here (even at 10:30 pm), an electrical storm is going on, and I am NOT going to rehash an argument we've already had numerous times before.

All you've ever had to back your stories up have been pseudoscience and questionable sources, and Sitchin-worship.

I'm not going to participate in a rerun of all that.

Berzerker, it's really hot here (even at 10:30 pm), an electrical storm is going on, and I am NOT going to rehash an argument we've already had numerous times before.

All you've ever had to back your stories up have been pseudoscience and questionable sources, and Sitchin-worship.

I'm not going to participate in a rerun of all that.

then why did you post this?

:coffee:

Yes, 'tis the season of summer reruns, heard this all before, and there's still not a shred of evidence to back up your claim.

if its too hot there for you to be bothered with evidence?

here's your recent contribution: you're making the same claim without a shred of evidence... dont bother me with evidence, its hot.

Somewhere along the line I expected (erroneously, it seems) that you would take the hint that I'm not interested in rehashing your same old arguments. I don't have the patience for it this time.

Moderator Action: Instead of throwing "I don't want to talk about this" back and forth between each other, perhaps it would be best to simply stop responding unless the topic is going to be discussed.

There is a Sumerian myth about Enki's rib being healed by the goddess who co-created humans with him. The goddess was lady of the rib and lady of life, Eve acquired both designations.

Haha
My Freudian association:
There is a translation theory that the word describing "rib" can also be translated as "that what protrudes from a male body"
In the myth of Enki he had eaten forbidden flowers and became ill.
Also in this myth, this Eve of Enki, the Ladi Ti of healing, was birthed with the purpose to heal the "rib" of Enki :)

Back on topic
This Moroccan early hominid had a distinct way of making flint tools and similar flint tools were already found all over Africa.

What I really wonder is in how far/ how early in time, the genetic development of the hominids was influenced, boosted by the (cultural) knowledge sharing of different kinds of hominids.

As example
Say there is a hominid type with better genes for a bigger brain, but they have still a bigger belly (better prospect because of the brain but because of the big belly also more expensive => more vulnerable for bad famine periods).
They meet a hominid type that has worse genes for a bigger brain, BUT these homids invented already the "cooking" of edible roots/tubers, increasing significant the digestibility and effective food yield. Cooking done by laying these roots/tubers close to a fire and possibly wrapped in green leaves.
The brain type hominid learns this knowledge, applies is, and over time gene mutations can decrease the size of his digestive organs and belly. Net effect being less "overhead" cost, better survivability for extreme situations, and it can even continue to invest in a bigger brain (also expensive overhead cost).

This discovery is simply confirming what a lot of people have suspected for quite some time now, but it was "racist" to put forth such a theory and suggest that the "Out of Africa" Theory wasn't correct.

Another example of the left being biased and opposed to proper scientific research for political reasons.

This discovery is simply confirming what a lot of people have suspected for quite some time now, but it was "racist" to put forth such a theory and suggest that the "Out of Africa" Theory wasn't correct.

Another example of the left being biased and opposed to proper scientific research for political reasons.

Moderator Action: Responding to every thread and making it about "the left" is going to stop. Keep political opinions where they're warranted and please stop hijacking threads to attack a political leaning.

How does this challenge the out of africa theory? Seems to reinforce it, I think... But first, we cant be sure yet this critter is on our line. I am interested in the time frame though, according to the Sumerians the first people were given the image of the gods about 300,000 years ago.

How does this challenge the out of africa theory? Seems to reinforce it, I think... But first, we cant be sure yet this critter is on our line. I am interested in the time frame though, according to the Sumerians the first people were given the image of the gods about 300,000 years ago.

It is unsafe to read so specific things in ancient myths. For starters, taking them as literally true would tend to disqualify those which feature things like numbers.

Top Bottom