HoF Mod - assets different from a standard install

I got the followin massage: HoF Mod - assets different from a standard install !

I used the latest asset checker founded in this thread and it found no error?

What can be the wrong I installed the 3.03 match and 3.03.001 MOD and I have english version.

I attached my savegame and the result of the asset checker in CSV format (only the file extension is "txt" as I was not able to upload "csv" extension)

Attachments

• Bozso BC-4000examplewrongasset.CivBeyondSwordSave
    11.2 KB · Views: 83
  • check_2008_08_22.txt
    49.8 KB · Views: 116
I had once problems with warlords assets. Ii dont know if this was real solution but it helped or then there was something I really didnt understand. Tried reinstals and all...

.ini file had autoload for HoF mod and i used 'mod = d:\civ\warlords\mods\hof-mod'

When I changed it to use just 'mod = mods/hof-mod' problems vanished. I have no idea why it should work though as it sounds very stupid but check it out. Ddint reinstal beetween this change btw...

-Dracandross

Thank you Dracandross I will try your idea, but I think there is a problem with the mod as the assetchekcer was ok.

By the way does somebody know how tu run a mod automatically wihout changing the file. What shoud be type after the *.exe".

I got the followin massage: HoF Mod - assets different from a standard install !

I used the latest asset checker founded in this thread and it found no error?

What can be the wrong I installed the 3.03 match and 3.03.001 MOD and I have english version.

I attached my savegame and the result of the asset checker in CSV format (only the file extension is "txt" as I was not able to upload "csv" extension)
It looks like your patch to 3.03 didn't work. I am seeing Version 3.00 in your save file. Try the patch again.

Thank you Dracandross I will try your idea, but I think there is a problem with the mod as the assetchekcer was ok.

By the way does somebody know how tu run a mod automatically wihout changing the file. What shoud be type after the *.exe".
Create a copy of the shortcut and add mod= mods\HOF-3.03.001 after the exe

I used the ingame patch to get to 3.03 and now i got the asset problem again. It could offcourse be the same dll problem as with the 3.02 version, but a bit hairy to have to reinstall each time we get a patch. Anyone else have the problem (most likely somone else not running on the US version)

I used the ingame patch to get to 3.03 and now i got the asset problem again. It could offcourse be the same dll problem as with the 3.02 version, but a bit hairy to have to reinstall each time we get a patch. Anyone else have the problem (most likely somone else not running on the US version)
Check your version on the advance menu to see if your patch was successful. A few people have had the patch fail when they do it in-game. You can find the downloaded patch file in the \My Games\Beyond the Sword\patch folder if you want to run it manually.

EDIT: I should have checked for a new HoF version 1st, lol. 3.03.001 fixed this issue for me. So please ignore the rest of my post.

I have patched both in game and manually to no avail.
My system is as follows:

Vista (I have admin rights to all folders)
The HoF mod worked fine BEFORE the 3.03 patch.
US CD version of BtS

The steps I have tried are as follows.

1) Ran the current version of Asset checker - All reported good.
2) Reran the patch 3.03 and rebooted
3) Started new game without HoF mod
4) Exited game
5) Started new game with the Hof mod (3.02.001)
6) still have asset error.

What do you need me to send you to help you figure out what is wrong.

I have patched both in game and manually to no avail.
My system is as follows:

Vista (I have admin rights to all folders)
The HoF mod worked fine BEFORE the 3.03 patch.
US CD version of BtS

The steps I have tried are as follows.

1) Ran the current version of Asset checker - All reported good.
2) Reran the patch 3.03 and rebooted
3) Started new game without HoF mod
4) Exited game
5) Started new game with the Hof mod (3.02.001)
6) still have asset error.

What do you need me to send you to help you figure out what is wrong.
You can try the steps discussed in this post: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5740809&postcount=1142

If that doesn't work, save the asset checker output and e-mail it and a save file to us at hof.civfanatics@gmail.com.

The reason i got the asset message this time was that i forgot to update to the new HOF mod...:blush:

I have steam BTS installed so I may well be in the wait on valve boat as well. Here is the assest checker run and a save though.

BtS 3.03, german version, HOF 3.03.001, latest Blue Marble installed

System: Win XP home 32 bit on an AMD 3800+ with 2 GB RAM

asset checker data:

Civ4 installed at: C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4
Warlords installed at: C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords
BTS installed at: C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword
Searching for files
Found 619 files
Calculating individual CRCs
Calculating EXE CRCs
Calculating DLL CRCs
Calculating Shader CRCs
Calculating Python CRCs
Calculating XML CRCs
Calculating HOF Mod CRCs

Civ4 Installed assets all good!
Warlords Installed assets all good!
BTS Installed assets all good!
Installed HOF mod good!

When I start a game with "play now" it works just fine ... except that "Lock Modified Assets" is not toggled and worse, "CRC is missing" shows up.

When I try to play a custom game I get a CTD during loading, thus can't even force the locked assets into existence to be able to use "play now".

Huh? Why that? Honestly, you don't suppose anyone can play Civ 4 with the original graphics for a prolonged time and stay sane? Please guys, Blue Marble isn't changing any game play, can't be that my return to HOF is cut short by the unstomachable ugly graphics of Civ 4.

Huh? Why that? Honestly, you don't suppose anyone can play Civ 4 with the original graphics for a prolonged time and stay sane? Please guys, Blue Marble isn't changing any game play, can't be that my return to HOF is cut short by the unstomachable ugly graphics of Civ 4.
Blue Marble works fine (if they did not change anything in the BtS Mod, which I doubt). The problem is civscale that comes with Blue Marble and changes the assets - so you cannot use that if you use the HOF-Mod.
And some people around here to claim to be still sane :evil:

I do not use civscale, exactly because its breaking HOF ;).

And about sanity: honestly, playing enough games of civ 4 to qualify as quattromaster, needs a (positive) kind of insanity. But not with that ugly graphic out of the box. *ürgs*

Well, it definitely is a problem with HOF 3.03.001 and Blue Marble. Just uninstalled BM, and everything works fine.

Now some testing:

Blue Marble terrains -> breaks HOF
Blue Marble theme -> breaks HOF
Blue Marble Backgrounds -> breaks HOF
Blue Marble Leaderheads -> breaks HOF

I suppose the problematic files are those:

C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Resource\Temp\popup_civ4.tga
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Resource\Temp\popup_disk.tga
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Resource\Themes\Civ4\Civ4Theme_Common.thm
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Resource\Themes\Civ4\Civ4Theme_Common.thm
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Resource\Themes\Civ4\Civ4Theme_Common.thm
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\res\cursors\Pointer.ani
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\res\cursors\Waiting.ani
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Assets\res\cursors\Pointer.ani
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Assets\res\cursors\Waiting.ani
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\res\cursors\Pointer.ani
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\res\cursors\Waiting.ani

C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Resource\Themes\Civ4\Civ4Theme_Common.thm
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\res\cursors\Pointer.ani
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\res\cursors\Waiting.ani
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Interface\Main Menu\FF_logo_layer.dds
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\Civilopedia\CivilopediaBG2.dds
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\Civilopedia\CivilopediaBG2-OPAQUE.dds
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\Loading\LoadingScreenBG.dds
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\Loading\LoadingScreenBGBeyondtheSword.dds
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Interface\Screens\Loading\LoadingScreenBGslideshow.dds
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Art\Structures\Improvements\BlackHole\BlackHole_Chunks.dds
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Art\Structures\Improvements\BlackHole\BlackHole_DIFF.dds
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Art\Structures\Improvements\BlackHole\BlackHole_WAlpha_DIFF.dds
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\Asteroids\Asteroid.dds
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\FinalFrontier\Icepack\Nebula_Effect_Bottom.dds
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\FinalFrontier\Icepack\Nebula_Effect_Top.dds
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\SolarSystem\AtmosGLOW2.dds
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\SolarSystem\CloudMap_1.dds
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\SolarSystem\Green_Planet.dds
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\SolarSystem\maglev.dds
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\SolarSystem\planet_ring.dds
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Features\SolarSystem\Rings.dds
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\Final Frontier_SpaceField.dds
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\FinalFrontier_SPACEGRID_GRIDS.dds
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Final Frontier\Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures\StarField_Stardust.dds
C:\Programme\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Next War\Assets\Art\Terrain\Water\water.dds

All other changes are only in the "My Games" cache, so shouldn't be any problem.

Could it be that BtS HOF is more sensitive and/or BtS Blue Marble makes use of the advanced theme and graphical improvement options of BtS?

Would it be possible to somehow get HOF to accept a "blue marbled" BtS? Becuase while taste might be different, some of the original Civ 4 artwork is unbearable (lets just say yellow monkey frex).

Could it be that BtS HOF is more sensitive and/or BtS Blue Marble makes use of the advanced theme and graphical improvement options of BtS?

Would it be possible to somehow get HOF to accept a "blue marbled" BtS? Becuase while taste might be different, some of the original Civ 4 artwork is unbearable (lets just say yellow monkey frex).
We don't really know why Blue Marble is cause the crashes with BTS and the HOF Mod. It doesn't/didn't crash with Vanilla or Warlords. It's one more thing on the to-do list for the next version of the HOF Mod.

After patching BtS to version 3.13, I have the 'HOF-Mod - assets different...'-message, when I am running the latest Warlords-HOF-Mod.
I have installed the newest BM-version. And I have read, that the DLL of Warlords was replaced by the BtS-patch. Could that be the reason of the error-message, or should I deinstall BM?

Top Bottom