HOF Questions and Answers Thread

Sorry for posting this, but I really don't feel like digging through 46 pages to find the answer.

So I am trying load the HOF 2.13.003 mod. Every time I get the Warlords has stopped working. So I find a folder with DLL replacements (because I don't have BtS) and I replace the DLLs as instructed. Now I can't get anything to work. I am in the process of reloading the entire program.

What have I done wrong?

Sorry for posting this, but I really don't feel like digging through 46 pages to find the answer.

So I am trying load the HOF 2.13.003 mod. Every time I get the Warlords has stopped working. So I find a folder with DLL replacements (because I don't have BtS) and I replace the DLLs as instructed. Now I can't get anything to work. I am in the process of reloading the entire program.

What have I done wrong?
What is happening when you say Warlords has stopped working? Is it crashing? Is there an error message? Does Civ4 work without the HOF Mod? I know it is frustrating but we need a little more information. ;)

Did a complete reload. Found out that I needed the latest patch. Put that on. Found out I needed a newer version of DirectX. Put that on. Got Vanilla and Warlords HOF mods to run. Went to put on the latest WOTM and I got an asset protected kind of error message. Went by so fast I couldn't read it. Looked up that solution and I found out that I needed to put on some BtS DLL files. Now I can't figure that out because it seems all the folders are hidden, specifically the appdata folder and the warlords folder in Firaxis Games. I'll just go beat my head against the wall.

Did a complete reload. Found out that I needed the latest patch. Put that on. Found out I needed a newer version of DirectX. Put that on. Got Vanilla and Warlords HOF mods to run. Went to put on the latest WOTM and I got an asset protected kind of error message. Went by so fast I couldn't read it. Looked up that solution and I found out that I needed to put on some BtS DLL files. Now I can't figure that out because it seems all the folders are hidden, specifically the appdata folder and the warlords folder in Firaxis Games. I'll just go beat my head against the wall.
Appdata :confused: Where did you install it? Did you mean Assets? I have never heard of the folders being hidden. The default install should be to Program Files.

There is an option in Window Explorer (Tools/Folder Options - View Tab). Just select "Show hidden hiles and folders".

I just downloaded the HOF mod. In my first game I forgot to make a 4000BC save. Will the initial (4000BC) autosave be acceptable for my 4000BC save?

Yes... remember to copy/paste it elsewhere before starting another game (I have the same problem regularly :))

Cheers

When you look at a game posted on the HOF site, one of the graphs you can look at is called GPT (gold per turn I guess). Is this graph exactly the same as the in-game GNP graph?

When you look at a game posted on the HOF site, one of the graphs you can look at is called GPT (gold per turn I guess). Is this graph exactly the same as the in-game GNP graph?
I am not sure what the GNP graph is showing.

The GPT (gold per turn) graph should be your net income each turn. I would have to dig through the code to be sure.

Is the new HOF Mod 3.19 going to fix the bug introduced in the patch whereby there is no overflow gold possible when whipping/chopping?

well, I believe it's an exploit (although a relatively small one)
IMHO it's been removed purposely to stop the "chop wall with stone and being pro for a pile of gold" trick
This is one of the few items where the game designers have gone on record:

It is definitely a bug, although the effect on game play is minor. Sorry about that.

well, I believe it's an exploit (although a relatively small one)
IMHO it's been removed purposely to stop the "chop wall with stone and being pro for a pile of gold" trick

Yes, they intended to remove the production bonuses on gold overflow and accidentally removed gold overflow entirely.

I am extremely ignorant of HoF, but would like to know (for the MapFinder)- when is HofMod 3.19 going to be released, approximately?

Hey Staff, can you please take a look here and tell me what do you think about it?

Oh and you probably know already but gyntaar would be very happy if conquest was automatically achived if there were no visible enemy units left (meaning gspys and spies doesn't count for keeping a civ alive).

Top Bottom