1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

HOF Questions and Answers Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Methos, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Oh, I looked at that actually, but wouldn't be able to complete a space game in just a week (I'm sloooooowwwwwww :sad: ). But in any case, I just installed BUFFY .005 in Linux and tried a quick game an hour or two ago, and it seemed to go well (apart from the shoddy playing and getting boxed in, and a lion eating the first settler, but that's another matter! :D )

Then to something entirely different. Had a look at the HoF table, and noticed all the underscores. Fired up Code Inspector, and it looks like it's a workaround for the pictures aligning themselves horizontally. However, you can define something like in the screenshot instead in the CSS. Also note that align inside TDs is getting deprecated, so it's better to deal with it in CSS. That has the added benefit of needing less text in the table output.

You may need more articulate CSS, not just td {...}, but something to think about, maybe? Putting this inside table {} may not work either, it depends what needs you have for other tables. Of course, you can just make separate CSS for different tables and tag them appropriately.
    Code:
    td {
        text-align: center;
    }

table {
        white-space: nowrap;
    }
    Should be possible to use some kind of display as well, but didn't get that working right with this very quick test.

Attached Files:

2. SittinDown

SittinDown Prince

Sorry - I started one, but I got distracted by the SGOTM. That's been taking up 100% of my civ time. I have an in-progress one I can finish out. It won't win any HOF records, but it should be fine for testing.

3. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Civ IV Emperor EQM Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

That's great - thanks!

4. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Civ IV Emperor EQM Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

I don't see any underscores (??) but we are working on a HTML5 version of the site as much of the code will be deprecated soon!

5. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

If you mean in the picture I attached, then they are gone there because I removed them while testing the css code. In the normal version of the page, they are present, at least for me. See the attached picture. Good to hear there are changes in the tube though, as it's a good idea to make the site compatible with HTML5.

edit: It's not from the main HoF table, but the ad hoc query.

Attached Files:

6. Noble Zarkon

Ah I see!

7. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

How come Duel games are excluded from map quest and such? Am playing one right now that happens to use a map type I haven't played before, and then noticed it won't count. Just wondering.

8. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

For Fall of the Incas purposes, would it be possible to make an overview similar to the main Hall of Fame table, but only with the entries held by Incas? I just made a spreadsheet, but filling it out is kind of a madman's job, with endless adhoc searches. :cringe:

9. Noble Zarkon

They're allowed for QM but not EQM as the latter is supposed to be a tougher test of skill and the thought was that Duel maps are too cheesy.

10. Noble Zarkon

What are you trying to do - identify slots held by the Incas?? I have a table in the Staff pages that may be useful for this that I could possibly make public if it was helpful.

11. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Yes. There are the tabs with oldest slots and such, but it might be useful to have a full overview. There must be some that are a tad easier to target than 3800BC conquest :crazyeye:

12. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Thanks for the answer. Then the new map type (for me) should still count for QM but not EQM. I'm playing way too few games to get anywhere in these rankings, but still nice to cover one more empty field :)

13. Noble Zarkon

I've added a tab to the Fall of the Incas page where you can see Incan #1s and filter by Difficulty/Speed/Size/Condition.

Pangaea likes this.
  14. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Thanked in another thread, but thanks again :) That tab is really useful. Looking at the amount of number ones, we may need an Elizabethan version soon :D

I was browsing around the place again, and came across this graph. Surely that isn't correct? :confused: It shows 5 submissions in the last week, but the relevant tab mentions 20.

Sorry to keep bugging you guys out, but do you know if it will be possible to get the map working again, for each individual entry? Not a big deal, but it was kinda nice. Would be sweet to get the city count correct too in the graph. Looking at some games, it can't be right. Maybe it just counts settled cities and not conquered ones?

15. Noble Zarkon

Lol - true, would be a nice problem to have though!

I'm not sure what you mean by the relevant tab? As far as I can see the graph is correct.

Sorry have let that slip, will have another look in the near future.

16. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

I'm only seeing 4 submissions for the last week in the graph, #1, which is what puzzled me. In the "Updates" tab it says that 20 were accepted.

No big deal, as mentioned, I just wondered :)

Edit: Never mind, looks like I'm just an idiot lol. One shows 4 weeks, and the other by weeks. Sometimes I'm a bit too quick on the trigger. And can I use the excuse that I got up at 4am the last two days?

17. Noble Zarkon

As you've gathered these are two different things - the updates tab shows the games published during the last update, which happens once or twice a month depending on volumes, and the games submitted is a week by week breakdown of games submitted (which may or may not be accepted and then published in due course).

Excuse accepted lol

18. elitetroops

elitetroops Deity

Statistics->Breakdown tab currently show '0' in 1sts column for all leaders. Some database issue?

19. Noble Zarkon

Forgot to press a button after the update, fixed now.

Thanks!

elitetroops likes this.
  20. elitetroops

elitetroops Deity

Now I can't see the whole statistics page. It comes up completely blank. :dunno: And QM and EQM pages are blank with some warning and fatal error text.