1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

HOF Questions and Answers Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Methos, Mar 25, 2007.

1. NobleZarkon

NobleZarkon Civ IV Emperor EQM Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter

Try running it as Administrator, if that doesn't work there are instructions on setting permissions on the Mod page, on my phone so can't link right now.

2. Pedro78

Pedro78 Chieftain

Nope, it was upon loading the mod, not opening a game. I searched around the forums and what came out was that I wasn't running Civ as an administrator and BUFFY was installed in My Games instead of the Steam folder. Now it works perfectly :)

(Was replying to Fippy, just read your post, NobleZarkon)

But I have another question lol

Let's say I'm in a middle of the game I wish to submit for the HoF. I open my last save at T188. I play for half an hour, don't end the turn because I have some more things to check, save and quit. When I load it again at T188 from the new save is it considered as a reload? Does it change anything if the time between the saves is different?

Edit - and is it better to play with 003 or 004b?

3. Fippy

Fippy Phoenix

Saving and loading from there is always okay from what i know, i sometimes do that just to reset lag :) Just cannot make any moves after saving ofc.

004b is required for culture (and espionage, a new one) victories.
    I always use it now, found no bugs and it's the version that will get updated over time.

Hmm and another thing, it's important setting autosave intervals to each turn.

4. Pedro78

Pedro78 Chieftain

Okay thanks :)
    I think I'll play either either Culture or OCC Diplo game, getting horribly bored by the repetitive pattern of build-up --> conquer --> press end turn 30 times and win atm :D

5. Major Tom

Major Tom Immortal Supporter

You may also hit F8 and click settings tab. Usually specified in red what you need to do.
    Perhaps it will help, although I use the beta (because of BUG 4.5).

Pedro78 likes this.