HOF Questions and Answers Thread

The game does show up now, but it should rank 100 points, why does it only score 22 points?
There are three games in that slot (all with non-ancient starts) and yours is the lowest scoring - the best is 50% higher than yours.

You can see that in the Date QScore Working box:-

Max Score:49767
Avg Score:38581.333
Score:32276
Raw Score:21.990
Adjustor:0.54
Difficulty Adjustor:0.9
Map Size Adjustor:0.6
Barb Adjustor:0

There are three games in that slot (all with non-ancient starts) and yours is the lowest scoring - the best is 50% higher than yours.

@lymond : Can we please get a summary on Elite Quattromaster Rules, I played my game on normal gamespeed and there is no EQM-entry for normal gamespeed, so it should rank 100 points. You know better than others that normal gamespeed has a higher difficulty than Marathon. I kindly and politely ask for the Time-Slots to be made attractive.

But you realized my game is played with Brennus, right?

Kind regards, Seraiel.

I' m trying to find that Max Score: 49767 game, but cannot.

[...]

One has to look at the Rock of Ages games you linked, the Hall of Fame main tables under the EQM-Tab don' t even show the games from Wastin.

But you realized my game is played with Brennus, right?
Impressive as it is to win on Deity with Brennus I'm not sure why that is relevant to this discussion?

One has to look at the Rock of Ages games you linked, the Hall of Fame main tables under the EQM-Tab don' t even show the games from Wastin.
Because it's not an Ancient Era start.

I' m trying to find that Max Score: 49767 game, but cannot.
You can see the three games in that slot, including your one, here:-
CivFanatics Civilization IV Hall of Fame

and the specific one is here:-
CivFanatics Civilization IV Hall of Fame

@Noble Zarkon would be your man for clarification of how games are scored in EQM.

Moderator Action: Moved some posts here from the most recent update discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a similar (sort of) note:
In order to help people who may need a Gauntlet towards their BTS EQM we are running a special Open Immortal Gauntlet for the next 3 months, the settings are totally open (although still no Duel Maps or Inca) and your two highest scores will count towards the gauntlet. We hope this will save people waiting months for just the right Gauntlet to come along, this Gauntlet will automatically count towards your EQM score at all levels below Immortal as well.

** New Gauntlet Starting **

G-Major 172 - Score, Immortal, Any Era, Any Map Size, Any Speed - High Score Wins!
It was mentioned somewhere that this game didn't appear to count for the Gauntlet score after all. Was that looked into? It doesn't look like it has been sorted? Was it too difficult or something?

Looking at my Status page for EQM, there are two games for G-Majors, but not the one from that gauntlet (172). If I understand the scoring correctly, I should have got 100 points for this game, but the status page lists:
status GMajor.png

Shouldn't the 40.4 have been replaced with a 100.0?

Edit: I looked at the wrong info, and the game has a 54.1 score for Gauntlets. But then the 40.4 should have been replaced with that, right?

(I was in the process of playing a second game for the same gauntlet too, but wasn't able to complete it)

Last edited:
It was mentioned somewhere that this game didn't appear to count for the Gauntlet score after all. Was that looked into? It doesn't look it has been sorted? Was it too difficult or something?
If that was mentioned to me then I forgot sorry! Will have a look but not before this weekend.

I kindly and politely ask for the Time-Slots to be made attractive.
I'm not sure what the purpose of making them more attractive would be - Time slots are not popular and it tends to be pretty easy to get a high score in them (I've made a Hall of Fame career out of it lol) so that seems a fair balance to me.

Dear Staff,

I need to ask for a Quattromasters Tutorial .

What I remember from @kovacsflo was, that One wants to play Huge maps because they give higher scores, so two Huge maps on different speeds? Or One Huge One Large? And what about speed, Marathon for the win or does Quick get higher points rewards?

A Tutorial on Quattromasters from one of the Moderators would be really Great, so I friendly ask @lymond or @Noble Zarkon to write one.

I know this is hard, but just think of how many contributions Me, @Kaitzilla , @DanF, @Tachywaxon And And And ... already have made.

If being written, Thank a lot YOU,

Sincerely,

Philip Christopher Plöger.

On a similar (sort of) note:

It was mentioned somewhere that this game didn't appear to count for the Gauntlet score after all. Was that looked into? It doesn't look like it has been sorted? Was it too difficult or something?

Looking at my Status page for EQM, there are two games for G-Majors, but not the one from that gauntlet (172). If I understand the scoring correctly, I should have got 100 points for this game, but the status page lists:
View attachment 584534

Shouldn't the 40.4 have been replaced with a 100.0?

Edit: I looked at the wrong info, and the game has a 54.1 score for Gauntlets. But then the 40.4 should have been replaced with that, right?

(I was in the process of playing a second game for the same gauntlet too, but wasn't able to complete it)

I also played an accepted game for that gauntlet (#30374) but it does not show on my status for EQM. I'd appreciate if that could also be reviewed.

There were actually two issues. Originally Espionage victories were excluded from EQM and I forgot to remove that exclusion from the Gauntlet calculator. The 2nd one is the more difficult one - the Gauntlet calculator can't cope when the Map size is set to "Any"!! I think what I will have to do is duplicate G-Major 172 and create a Major for each of the submitted sizes. I'll change the current G-Major 176 to "Tiny" to reflect the only entry but if anyone has started a game on another size let me know and I'll add an entry for that.

It doesn't show up currently in my status page. Is it too early after all? I can see the new gauntlets in the Gauntlet page (b-e).

This shows for the status page, when set to Settler and Immortal. Looks like I'm meant to get a 100 score, but so far I'm seeing the 'old' numbers.

hof1.png
hof2.png

Top Bottom