homeyg01, SID

Got it.

1. Mirc - on deck
2. soul_warrior
3. ThERat
4. classical_hero
5. Beorn-eL-Feared
6. homeyg - up

let's get them Mongols. Not only should we be able to get those 2 towns, we might want to grab more westwards before the Dutch do.
I would go for war now!!!

The mongols' best unit seen is the horseman, Bab's LB FYI, so yeah, mongols are going down.

ThERat said:
let's get them Mongols. Not only should we be able to get those 2 towns, we might want to grab more westwards before the Dutch do.
I would go for war now!!!

With only 7 swords?

7 swords and a catapult, please ;)

Umm, from my experience at Sid and even lower levels, you don't survive with 7 swords, a few warriors, and a catapult...

lurker's comment: I bet the mongols have an MA with the RNG vs. The Dutch or something :lol:

Umm, from my experience at Sid and even lower levels, you don't survive with 7 swords, a few warriors, and a catapult...
if we would try and take on the Dutch, yes, but Mongols are losing to the Dutch already, thus their defenses are pretty depleted. This is our chance to be opportunistic and grab some border towns. We are not going after his core. And remember while we have 7 swords only, we do have more by the time our army reaches the cities.
Playing Sid, only the bold survive. if we are too meek, we will lose to a SS very soon (or dimplomacy)

These 7 swords are but the tip of the iceberg. By the time we get out of our borders, we'll have nearly twice as many and a few catapults (slight exageration but hey, the mongols are falling, they will give several towns against this much and we're giving it a go)

lurker's comment: If you're feeling realy bold, maybe you could try to ingore their units and head straight for the cities, then make peace before (if at all) their stacks reach your land. Most probably they won't have any units to attack you, but it's still a gamble.

ThERaT said:
Playing Sid, only the bold survive. if we are too meek, we will lose to a SS very soon (or dimplomacy)
Unless you play meek all the way ;)

This is kind of embarassing, but I'm going to have to skip myself.

550 BC - Everything looks fine, I'm planning to pump more swords for about 5 more turns, and then try and take some cities. A few Dutch swords seem to be heading towards Dalandzadgad, they might be able to help us out in taking it for ourselves.

IBT: All Dutch units retreat into their own territory, 3 Mongol spears cross into our border.

Turn 1, 530 BC - Movements.

IBT: HAHA Mongols ask for alliance against the Dutch, yeah right man.

Turn 2, 510 BC - Movements. Change one citizen in Izmit to scientist, I don't want to raise the luxury slider for 1 city.

IBT: Nothing.

Turn 3, 490 BC - Nothing.

IBT: ?????????????????????????????

Turn 4, 470 BC - Nothing.

Turn 5, 450 BC - Building up.

Turn 6, 430 BC - Building up.

IBT: Nothing, crap load of Dutch units are going after that 1 Babylonian city.

Turn 7, 410 BC - Nothing.

Turn 8, 390 BC - Declare on Mongols next turn. There are tons of Dutch troops pouring into our territory.

IBT: Nothing, more Dutch troops.

Turn 9, 370 BC - Declare war, send a stack with 10 swords and 2 cats towards Ulaanbaatar.

IBT: Aydin flipped to the Dutch. We lose 3 swords.

Turn 10, 350 BC - Musketmen appear in Ulaanbaatar. I'm going to stop here. What do we do now? I don't think we have any chance against muskets, and probably soon it will be rifles.

__

Attachments

• homeyg01, 350 BC.SAV
    276.5 KB · Views: 65
Flip, painful. We need to somehow get a notch off the Dutch or I won't get a next set to talk about it.

What defensive bonuses does the musketman have? I'll go check the combat calc- your chances of winning might not be that bad.

Top Bottom