how am i doin part 2

shmity72

Chieftain
:D ok I started over, as I do most times...for a huge/standard/Chinese/Pangaea/king map.

i'll post a screen shot. i'm doing better then I was on prince this time around ..though I've not completed the nc yet...

the reason for this is, I was unable to get the appropriate calendar tech before great library...don't ask. lol

but I did finish the pyramids first and chopped to the gL. so that was good, also good: I have a number of archers that can (in a couple more techs) be upgraded to super archers or whatever Chinese makes...ok~

~off to play some lord of the rings mmo. laters.

screenshot

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 242
my standing army is a bit large...for my liking but I sorta need it as Montezuma is just north and Catherine is just south of me.:)

More farms... After that... More farms.
Since your science is mostly going to be coming from Beijing focus your workers around that city first.
Pledge to protect the city states.

Again, a rule of thumb: get NC before turn 100 in every single game. Now it'll take you forever to complete all libraries. I suggest rush buying it in Xian when it hits size 2 and chop in Shanghai and Guangzhou. And if you wonder why I'm nagging about that, not because I want to be a jerk, it's just really really important.

You definitely need more workers. The expansion is good, but the growth isn't - not enough tiles were improved. Also try to settle more on hills, they negate the need of walls. Capital definitely didn't need walls in this case, neither did Guangzhou to be fair, although I do understand where you're coming from. But couple of archers > walls.

As Pilgrim notes, it's really important to get your NC up sooner rather than later. Each city you add before NC adds cost in two ways: Requiring a Library to build the NC, and increases the cost of building the NC. Each turn you don't have NC, you're losing out on more beakers you should be getting. It's a nasty snowball where you just keep delaying and delaying your science.

It's very important to get the NC up as soon as possible.

You didn't need to get city #5 up this early, you needed NC and more workers earlier, no doubt about it. If you're not sure about how many cities to settle before NC - stop at 3. Or 2. Or even make NC before expanding at all. Earlier NC is better than later NC.

This game is still far better than the last, but yeah, get that NC up sooner! And build more workers, at least 1 per city!

Yep, I had a similar game today on pangea/immortal. Had a slightly bigger army as I was in a tight spot and all my four neighbors declared war early (7 DOW before turn 100 :) ). I was a little slower getting my 4 cities up, but they grew more than yours as I had plenty of workers.

I finished the NC around turn 55. I'm not particularly good at this game in comparison to others here, but at turn 94 I had 64 science, so more than twice than your level, and had researched 4 medieval techs. Ten turns later I had my first university up and close to a 2nd one and eying public schools, which will bring me even further ahead.

Add to that I was able to build a lot of wonders because the AI was far behind in tech, so I wouldn't underestimate the snowball effect the NC will give you.

finished nc and the market wonder. just as napoleon went to war with me...got him to stand down now that Catherine declared war too to the south...off to obliterate Russia...all but one city will be left standing.:goodjob:

Top Bottom