1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do I Acquire/Turn On Account Feature

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Patine, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Patine

Patine Deity

How do I get or turn on an account feature I've seen several other obviously have. It seems to set you online/offline status and where you're browsing forumwise display to ALWAYS whether or not you're actively online and wherever you may be browsing to have just logged out less then 10 minutes prior. How do I set that funky feature up?

2. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

Not sure what you are asking about? Perhaps you can point me to a few members that are using the account feature(s) you are referring to?

3. Patine

Patine Deity

Estebonrober, I believe amadeus and Cardgame, and, last I checked (I rarely cross forum paths with him, anymore) Mouthwash. Not using the @ before their names so as not to unnecessarily prod them.

4. leif erikson

Are you asking about the green triangle in the upper left of a member's avatar? Or the text in a member's profile, under their user name, that explains what they are viewing on the forum?

5. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

You mean so people will know you're online here, and your current/last-known activity?

Go into your account and click Preferences.

Under Browsing Preferences, scroll down until you see this part:

cfc-account-settings-preferences.png

Click or unclick as you prefer. Keep in mind that staff will always be able to see your status and whereabouts when you're logged on, even if you're in stealth mode for everyone else.

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  6. leif erikson

7. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

Do excuse me for trying to help... it's the only way to enable this feature I'm aware of... Maybe you could provide him a link to the XenForo manual if it's available to the public...

8. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

Patine would want the first box toggled, second box untoggled. He wants his active status to always say "Last active at [time]" instead of actual specifics of where he is.

Noble Zarkon likes this.