How do you make artillery?

JOHNMAN

Chieftain
I can not for the life of me figure out how to do it?

I have the neccessary buildings but I cannot upgrade my cannons or build new artillery. THe civ-encyclopedia states you can, or am I reading it wrong?

I must be missing something or is this a bug or flaw?

Johnman

( I just registered to post this question but have been coming to the site for years....love the site great work! ) :goodjob:

If I'm reading the Civopedia (or Colonizopedia - whatever) correct, the player cannot build Artillery. These are unique units for the King's forces, so I'm guessing that they are not available to the player. The whatever-opedia says that it replaces Cannon, but it says the same thing about a Horse Pasture replacing a Stable. Natives can build one, but the player cannot.

Could be wrong, but I've never seen Artillery on any of my build menus, either, and that's the most logical explanation I can come up with.

You cannot.
Very poor info on this one, but it's not like it's just a couple lines of text that should have been changed, oh, wait, it is.

Unique units available only to their specific faction; which is how the civ4 terminology was used (the whatever replaces the base unit). I guess "substitutes for" would be more precise however.

Top Bottom