How does the civ switch mechanic work?

tvremote

Chieftain
First let me say that I probably play this game very differently than most, which is to say I don't really try to win I just like playing out various rp-ish type things. So I was having a good time starting as rome and re creating the roman empire, then switching to byzantium and fighting off the arabs, but then when the ottomans came I did not get the option to switch to them like I was hoping. It would seem like you are only able to switch once per game?

I imagine this is to prevent abuse which makes sense from a winning the game perspective, but I was wondering if this is modifiable for people like me who just like to play the game in slightly different way.

Also I've noticed that if I start as greece I don't get the option to switch to rome when rome spawns, so is there a timer for when you are allowed to switch? And again, is it modifiable?

look in RiseAndFall.py and search for this: "self.setAlreadySwitched(True)" which only occurs once in the file. add a "#" before the line. I think that should do it. I think you can make it count in your existing game if you load back to before the 1st time you switched.

Ah ok thanks! Now that will allow me to switch more than once, but will it allow me to switch between civs that spawn in close proximity, as in starting as greece and switching to rome?

again in RiseaAndFall.py search for "tDifference =". it should be followed by a row of numbers. change all of them to zero (maybe save a copy of the file 1st).

of course if you update your svn this will all change back.

That's just to allow you to switch more than once.

If you want to disable the other limit, open RiseAndFall.py and search for tDifference. The following array needs to be all zeros.

Top Bottom