1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How often do you quit in frustration?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Lade, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Senethro

Senethro Overlord

I have problems where I can't make a hard interesting game. If I play fairer difficulty levels then I can have my fun early wars and rushes that I prefer but I generally win too fast. If I pick a harder difficulty then CPU units starting with Combat III shuts them all down and I have to play in a manner I enjoy less.

High to Low games were fun for a while using TurinTurambar's AI which ensured that the last place was never hopeless. I should maybe try Final Five as well as civs vanishing would lead to an extended Settling period.

Its also reached the point where I can't tolerate playing non-raiders civs for very long because war is so slow with them.

2. Cromagnum P.I.

Cromagnum P.I. Chieftain

It took me a long time to learn the hard lesson that many others have pointed out: the lairs are NOT goody huts. since then I've actually started playing on what many consider "normal", the Noble difficulty as I never wanted a challenge from civ. FFH2 has made me stop WBing extra units and special people for myself and recently I've even started accepting my >99.8% combat losses as the price of war. This is truly the greatest game I have ever played and I plan on playing it for a long time to come.

3. meto30

meto30 Chieftain

I never quit out of frustration, it's just that all the games I run eventually run into a WoC somewhere down the line....

I wonder why....... :(

4. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

Ive never recently quit out of frustration, however I have often quit out of boredom, or with a wanting of doing something else.

In MP as long as I still think I have a chance I *want* to play. In SP it has to be actually entertaining in and of itself, whether or not I actually have a chance.

5. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

The only time I quit in frustration is when I accidentally had OCC activated. What a pain.
    The next game I got punished by the random dice gods and got 5 of those 10 turns unhappy events in a row. But still played (playing) the game. xD