how the HELL can the AI be this powerful?

Thanks, but I'm looking for real numbers, not anecdotal evidence, and post patch. My own experience post patch is that AI happiness is lower than it was, whether because of lowering bonuses or tweaking the AI.

Maybe it's a bit lower, but from the patch notes, I can't really see something that would drastically reduce the AI's happiness.

In any case, I don't have real numbers, just anecdotal evidence, but I think the latter is more useful in this case as it shows how the real numbers translate into the game.

Post-patch, I see more AI ICS so I can't really believe their happiness bonuses have been reduced that much. But this is indeed just anecdotal evidence one more. Do with it what you will.

This from a post here, but I can't remember who made it. Kudos to him though :).

For BTS Monarch:

CIV5
-1 bonus defender.
-Player 33% bonus against barbarians vs 60% for AI.
-20% bonus to worker speed
-90% of unhappiness (10%) Bonus
-90 Growth needed (10%)
-85% Unit training cost (15%) Bonus
-85% Building build cost (15%) Bonus
-85% Wonder build cost (15%) Bonus
-85% of Building Mainteance cost (15%) Bonus
-85% of Unit upkeep cost (15%) Bonus
-30% Bonus to Supply [/b](Almost irrelevant as money will run out before this limit)
-50% Less upgrade cost (Really the only bonus that worth a lot, and this is the same on all levels)
-Free tech Pottery
-Same cost of research

CIV 4 Monarch Level
1 Defender + 1 Worker free.
Player 0% bonus against Barbarians AI 40% (Player get 0% bonus in CIV4)
3 Health bonus vs 2 Health for player (50% Bonus early game) Not comparable
5 Happy vs 4 Happy (25% Bonus early game) Not comparable
-90% food required for growth (10% Bonus)
-90% Unit training cost (10%) Bonus
-90% Building build cost (10%) Bonus
-90% Wonder build cost (10%) Bonus
-90% of Unit upkeep cost (10%) Bonus
-25% Supply cost (This was not factor in CIV4)
-50% Less upgrade cost
-Free tech Archery
-15% diffrence in tech cost

All in all, it's pretty close. However, Civ 4 Vanilla Deity bonuses blow Civ 5 Vanilla Deity bonuses out of the water.

do you have a link to the lists of comparable (ciV vs cIV) on emperor, immortal and deity as well or can you post them here? the 15% lower tech cost for the ai on monarch is huge imho for cIV. I assume in cIV that it gets higher as you get to higher levels. no wonder average players weren't playing immortal + in cIV. it's amazing how a couple of simple design decisions can make such a huge difference in gameplay.

65gpt is not unusual at 100BC, for a golden age, and is achievable even without a GA if the AI in question conquered another empire in the earlier eras. I guess the real question is why you DON'T have that kind of income? If the AI has twice your score and a much higher income than you, on Prince, it means that YOU have done something wrong. It's not the AI cheating, it's you just not playing optimally.

Sometimes it's a question of luxury distribution; you might only have one or two luxuries, while Hiawatha's starting location might have had more types. If this happens you'll almost always have multiples of one luxury, so you should be trading your spares away for whatever you can get.
Sometimes it's a question of city-states. Bribing a city-state to gain a new luxury is just not as cost-efficient as just building a Colosseum/Theater/Stadium for yourself, although there are obviously other benefits (food/culture/units). So you have to know when it's worthwhile to make a CS ally and when it's better not to.
Sometimes it's a question of terrain. If he has El Dorado in his territory then that's +10 gold per turn that he's been getting since the start. If he's in grassland and plains while you're futzing around in tundra or desert, it gets worse. Likewise, if he's got plenty of rivers or improved forests (and as the Iroquois he should have plenty of forests) and you don't, it's a big imbalance.
But usually it's just a question of number of cities. Early expansion or conquering pays off in the long term; if you're still limiting yourself to the same four or five cities you had in 2000 BC, then you'll fall far behind. The fact that Hiawatha has a much higher score probably means he's picked up more of the Wonders, and a few of those can have huge impacts on the ability to expand. (Forbidden Palace, for instance.) If he's picking up these Wonders then he probably has a significant tech advantage on you as well, and at certain points in the game (whenever you unlock Banks, Factories, or Hospitals, for instance, or key offensive units like Tanks or Bombers) this can translate to a huge discrepancy in power.

The bottom line is, if you can't easily win a game on Prince, you have real problems, because that's the difficulty where the AI gets no cheats and it's only a question of whether you, a human, can outsmart an AI that's frankly underwhelming most of the time. You'll learn more tricks as time goes on, of course, but the real "break-even" difficulty is probably King, where the AI's bonuses offset its inherent stupidity.

you had me until you mentioned that you think that tanks are a key offensive unit. I'd rather spend my oil on fighters/bombers, esp if the ai is at tech parity or better. mech inf is typically a better unit than tanks, unless you're in the unusual position of having limitless oil and lots of highly promoted cavalry. there's no anti-mech infantry unit, and they don't get waxed by cities. best thing about tanks is they can be promoted to modern armor.

Maybe it's a bit lower, but from the patch notes, I can't really see something that would drastically reduce the AI's happiness.

In any case, I don't have real numbers, just anecdotal evidence, but I think the latter is more useful in this case as it shows how the real numbers translate into the game.

Post-patch, I see more AI ICS so I can't really believe their happiness bonuses have been reduced that much. But this is indeed just anecdotal evidence one more. Do with it what you will.

The problem with the anecdotal evidence is that it only shows the end result, not how the AI got there. In my post patch games, I'm able to keep up with the AI in happiness. Part of that, admittedly, is that I am more aggressively pursuing happiness, where before I thought that anything more than zero was good. As for the patch notes, I'm never surprised if there are undo udocumented changes.

People are really talking out of their bum too much in internet forums. The AI doesn't get happiness cheats on Prince.

I doubt that

when i got the first random poll on my current game, other civs were at 10-12 when i was only at 6 with a single size 3 city...wish i took a screen shot

I doubt that

when i got the first random poll on my current game, other civs were at 10-12 when i was only at 6 with a single size 3 city...wish i took a screen shot

Same as me, I play on Prince and consistently see the AI with 30-40+ happiness mid game without even the piety try which only then would be plausible if they were also very lucky with luxury resources as well.

I also owned about 2/3 of the wonders including most of the happiness centered ones.

do you have a link to the lists of comparable (ciV vs cIV) on emperor, immortal and deity as well or can you post them here? the 15% lower tech cost for the ai on monarch is huge imho for cIV. I assume in cIV that it gets higher as you get to higher levels. no wonder average players weren't playing immortal + in cIV. it's amazing how a couple of simple design decisions can make such a huge difference in gameplay.

Unfortunately I don't. Below is a sample of the Vanilla Civ 4 Deity bonuses (from an old post long ago):

AI receives a 40% bonus to research and production (this is by far the most important bonus).

AI gets a 70% higher bonus versus animals, and a 40% higher bonus against barbarians

AI starts with 2 settlers, a scout, 2 workers and 4 defensive units

AI civic maintenance is 40% less

AI unit upkeep is 40% less

AI upgrade costs are 95% less

AI inflation is 80% less

AI war weariness is 80% less

AI starts with The Wheel, Hunting, Archery and Agriculture (if they don't already have them).

All AI have -1 to relations with human player.

AI cities with walls now basically heal themselves back to full health every turn ... the AI's investment is one settler and some walls and maybe a warrior unit for each city ... while your investment, to take that city, is two catapults, two swordsmen, and an archer or two. ;)

The AI ignores unhappiness and it never runs out of gold. Over on the official forums people have looked at save files and determined that some AIs are -11000 gold but it has never disbanded a single unit. In other words, the AI is so bad the only way they could make it marginally better was to let it ALWAYS ignore all of the rules.

I've seen the claim of "massive" happiness bonus more times than I can count, but never seen an actual number (save the 10% bonus posted above for King). So how massive is this bonus really?

I'm playing a game on prince or king right now and I've reduced Siam down to one size six city with one happiness resource. He's in the industrial era maybe, or more likely the renaissance. He has +47 happiness and about 9 policies. I don't think he's allied to many/any city states, definitely no wonders, so I'm not quite sure how a human player would achieve that.

The problem with the anecdotal evidence is that it only shows the end result, not how the AI got there. In my post patch games, I'm able to keep up with the AI in happiness. Part of that, admittedly, is that I am more aggressively pursuing happiness, where before I thought that anything more than zero was good. As for the patch notes, I'm never surprised if there are undo udocumented changes.

Going for happiness! I doubt you keep up with the AI in happiness. I wonder if you could display some proof of that. :confused::yeah:

I've seen the claim of "massive" happiness bonus more times than I can count, but never seen an actual number (save the 10% bonus posted above for King). So how massive is this bonus really?

I've never seen "proof" of it, but in my Prince games, the AI's have huge happiness numbers compared to me, even when they have sometimes twice the number of cities as me. Their happiness should be in the toilet, and it's huge. There has to be an AI happiness bonus.

I've never seen "proof" of it, but in my Prince games, the AI's have huge happiness numbers compared to me, even when they have sometimes twice the number of cities as me. Their happiness should be in the toilet, and it's huge. There has to be an AI happiness bonus.

The AI receives plenty of happiness on Prince, far more than me. I am playing a game now and they have a huge margin of happiness over me.

65gpt is not unusual at 100BC, for a golden age, and is achievable even without a GA if the AI in question conquered another empire in the earlier eras. I guess the real question is why you DON'T have that kind of income? If the AI has twice your score and a much higher income than you, on Prince, it means that YOU have done something wrong. It's not the AI cheating, it's you just not playing optimally.

I can usually pretty easily win in prince. And I have never seen an AI with such a large income so early on before.

Sometimes it's a question of luxury distribution; you might only have one or two luxuries, while Hiawatha's starting location might have had more types. If this happens you'll almost always have multiples of one luxury, so you should be trading your spares away for whatever you can get.
Sometimes it's a question of city-states. Bribing a city-state to gain a new luxury is just not as cost-efficient as just building a Colosseum/Theater/Stadium for yourself, although there are obviously other benefits (food/culture/units). So you have to know when it's worthwhile to make a CS ally and when it's better not to.
Sometimes it's a question of terrain. If he has El Dorado in his territory then that's +10 gold per turn that he's been getting since the start. If he's in grassland and plains while you're futzing around in tundra or desert, it gets worse. Likewise, if he's got plenty of rivers or improved forests (and as the Iroquois he should have plenty of forests) and you don't, it's a big imbalance.
But usually it's just a question of number of cities. Early expansion or conquering pays off in the long term; if you're still limiting yourself to the same four or five cities you had in 2000 BC, then you'll fall far behind. The fact that Hiawatha has a much higher score probably means he's picked up more of the Wonders, and a few of those can have huge impacts on the ability to expand. (Forbidden Palace, for instance.) If he's picking up these Wonders then he probably has a significant tech advantage on you as well, and at certain points in the game (whenever you unlock Banks, Factories, or Hospitals, for instance, or key offensive units like Tanks or Bombers) this can translate to a huge discrepancy in power.

We have the same amount of luxuries, I have bribed more CSs than him, I have built all hapiness buildings I can. Yet he gets a golden age. It must be a GA.

The bottom line is, if you can't easily win a game on Prince, you have real problems, because that's the difficulty where the AI gets no cheats and it's only a question of whether you, a human, can outsmart an AI that's frankly underwhelming most of the time. You'll learn more tricks as time goes on, of course, but the real "break-even" difficulty is probably King, where the AI's bonuses offset its inherent stupidity.

I usually can win easily on prince, the AI have never been this good before. I have won on the level up a few times too.

I doubt that

Same as me, I play on Prince and consistently see the AI with 30-40+ happiness mid game without even the piety try which only then would be plausible if they were also very lucky with luxury resources as well.

I also owned about 2/3 of the wonders including most of the happiness centered ones.

Just because everyone's spouting the same rumour doesn't make it right, and looking at happiness numbers doesn't tell you whether the AI just prioritises a happiness surplus or gets bonuses. Maybe those AIs had luxuries hooked up already? Here's the handicap settings:

Code:
<HandicapInfos>
		<Row>
			<ID>0</ID>
			<Type>HANDICAP_SETTLER</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_HANDICAP_SETTLER</Description>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_HANDICAP_SETTLER_HELP</Help>
			<StartingLocPercent>50</StartingLocPercent>
			<AdvancedStartPointsMod>150</AdvancedStartPointsMod>
			<HappinessDefault>15</HappinessDefault>
			<ExtraHappinessPerLuxury>1</ExtraHappinessPerLuxury>
			<NumCitiesUnhappinessMod>40</NumCitiesUnhappinessMod>
			<PopulationUnhappinessMod>40</PopulationUnhappinessMod>
			<Gold>0</Gold>
			<GoldFreeUnits>0</GoldFreeUnits>
			<ProductionFreeUnits>10</ProductionFreeUnits>
			<ProductionFreeUnitsPopulationPercent>50</ProductionFreeUnitsPopulationPercent>
			<ProductionFreeUnitsPerCity>3</ProductionFreeUnitsPerCity>
			<RouteCostPercent>34</RouteCostPercent>
			<UnitCostPercent>50</UnitCostPercent>
			<BuildingCostPercent>50</BuildingCostPercent>
			<ResearchPercent>90</ResearchPercent>
			<PolicyPercent>50</PolicyPercent>
			<ImprovementCostPercent>100</ImprovementCostPercent>
			<CityProductionNumOptionsConsidered>10</CityProductionNumOptionsConsidered>
			<TechNumOptionsConsidered>10</TechNumOptionsConsidered>
			<PolicyNumOptionsConsidered>10</PolicyNumOptionsConsidered>
			<!--<InflationPercent>60</InflationPercent>-->
			<AttitudeChange>2</AttitudeChange>
			<NoTechTradeModifier>100</NoTechTradeModifier>
			<TechTradeKnownModifier>-100</TechTradeKnownModifier>
			<BarbCampGold>50</BarbCampGold>
			<BarbSpawnMod>8</BarbSpawnMod>
			<BarbarianBonus>75</BarbarianBonus>
			<AIBarbarianBonus>45</AIBarbarianBonus>
			<EarliestBarbarianReleaseTurn>10000</EarliestBarbarianReleaseTurn>
			<BarbarianLandTargetRange>2</BarbarianLandTargetRange>
			<BarbarianSeaTargetRange>4</BarbarianSeaTargetRange>
			<AIDeclareWarProb>0</AIDeclareWarProb>
			<AIUnhappinessPercent>100</AIUnhappinessPercent>
			<AIGrowthPercent>160</AIGrowthPercent>
			<AITrainPercent>175</AITrainPercent>
			<AIWorldTrainPercent>160</AIWorldTrainPercent>
			<AIConstructPercent>160</AIConstructPercent>
			<AIWorldConstructPercent>160</AIWorldConstructPercent>
			<AICreatePercent>160</AICreatePercent>
			<AIWorldCreatePercent>160</AIWorldCreatePercent>
			<AIBuildingCostPercent>100</AIBuildingCostPercent>
			<AIUnitCostPercent>100</AIUnitCostPercent>
			<AIUnitSupplyPercent>0</AIUnitSupplyPercent>
			<AIUnitUpgradePercent>50</AIUnitUpgradePercent>
			<!--<AIInflationPercent>100</AIInflationPercent>-->
			<AIAdvancedStartPercent>100</AIAdvancedStartPercent>
			<IconAtlas>DIFFICULTY_ATLAS</IconAtlas>
			<PortraitIndex>0</PortraitIndex>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Type>HANDICAP_CHIEFTAIN</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_HANDICAP_CHIEFTAIN</Description>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_HANDICAP_CHIEFTAIN_HELP</Help>
			<AdvancedStartPointsMod>130</AdvancedStartPointsMod>
			<HappinessDefault>12</HappinessDefault>
			<ExtraHappinessPerLuxury>1</ExtraHappinessPerLuxury>
			<NumCitiesUnhappinessMod>60</NumCitiesUnhappinessMod>
			<PopulationUnhappinessMod>60</PopulationUnhappinessMod>
			<Gold>0</Gold>
			<ProductionFreeUnits>7</ProductionFreeUnits>
			<ProductionFreeUnitsPerCity>3</ProductionFreeUnitsPerCity>
			<RouteCostPercent>50</RouteCostPercent>
			<UnitCostPercent>67</UnitCostPercent>
			<BuildingCostPercent>67</BuildingCostPercent>
			<ResearchPercent>95</ResearchPercent>
			<PolicyPercent>67</PolicyPercent>
			<CityProductionNumOptionsConsidered>4</CityProductionNumOptionsConsidered>
			<TechNumOptionsConsidered>4</TechNumOptionsConsidered>
			<PolicyNumOptionsConsidered>4</PolicyNumOptionsConsidered>
			<!--<InflationPercent>70</InflationPercent>-->
			<AttitudeChange>1</AttitudeChange>
			<NoTechTradeModifier>90</NoTechTradeModifier>
			<TechTradeKnownModifier>-50</TechTradeKnownModifier>
			<BarbCampGold>40</BarbCampGold>
			<BarbSpawnMod>5</BarbSpawnMod>
			<BarbarianBonus>50</BarbarianBonus>
			<AIBarbarianBonus>50</AIBarbarianBonus>
			<EarliestBarbarianReleaseTurn>60</EarliestBarbarianReleaseTurn>
			<BarbarianLandTargetRange>3</BarbarianLandTargetRange>
			<BarbarianSeaTargetRange>6</BarbarianSeaTargetRange>
			<AIDeclareWarProb>75</AIDeclareWarProb>
			<AIGrowthPercent>130</AIGrowthPercent>
			<AITrainPercent>130</AITrainPercent>
			<AIWorldTrainPercent>130</AIWorldTrainPercent>
			<AIConstructPercent>130</AIConstructPercent>
			<AIWorldConstructPercent>130</AIWorldConstructPercent>
			<AICreatePercent>130</AICreatePercent>
			<AIWorldCreatePercent>130</AIWorldCreatePercent>
			<AIUnitSupplyPercent>0</AIUnitSupplyPercent>
			<!--<AIInflationPercent>90</AIInflationPercent>-->
			<PortraitIndex>1</PortraitIndex>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Type>HANDICAP_WARLORD</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_HANDICAP_WARLORD</Description>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_HANDICAP_WARLORD_HELP</Help>
			<AdvancedStartPointsMod>110</AdvancedStartPointsMod>
			<HappinessDefault>12</HappinessDefault>
			<NumCitiesUnhappinessMod>75</NumCitiesUnhappinessMod>
			<PopulationUnhappinessMod>75</PopulationUnhappinessMod>
			<Gold>0</Gold>
			<ProductionFreeUnits>7</ProductionFreeUnits>
			<ProductionFreeUnitsPerCity>2</ProductionFreeUnitsPerCity>
			<RouteCostPercent>75</RouteCostPercent>
			<UnitCostPercent>85</UnitCostPercent>
			<BuildingCostPercent>85</BuildingCostPercent>
			<ResearchPercent>100</ResearchPercent>
			<PolicyPercent>85</PolicyPercent>
			<CityProductionNumOptionsConsidered>3</CityProductionNumOptionsConsidered>
			<TechNumOptionsConsidered>3</TechNumOptionsConsidered>
			<PolicyNumOptionsConsidered>3</PolicyNumOptionsConsidered>
			<!--<InflationPercent>80</InflationPercent>-->
			<NoTechTradeModifier>80</NoTechTradeModifier>
			<TechTradeKnownModifier>-25</TechTradeKnownModifier>
			<BarbCampGold>30</BarbCampGold>
			<BarbSpawnMod>3</BarbSpawnMod>
			<BarbarianBonus>40</BarbarianBonus>
			<AIBarbarianBonus>55</AIBarbarianBonus>
			<EarliestBarbarianReleaseTurn>20</EarliestBarbarianReleaseTurn>
			<BarbarianLandTargetRange>4</BarbarianLandTargetRange>
			<BarbarianSeaTargetRange>8</BarbarianSeaTargetRange>
			<AIDeclareWarProb>85</AIDeclareWarProb>
			<AIGrowthPercent>110</AIGrowthPercent>
			<AITrainPercent>110</AITrainPercent>
			<AIWorldTrainPercent>110</AIWorldTrainPercent>
			<AIConstructPercent>110</AIConstructPercent>
			<AIWorldConstructPercent>110</AIWorldConstructPercent>
			<AICreatePercent>110</AICreatePercent>
			<AIWorldCreatePercent>110</AIWorldCreatePercent>
			<AIUnitSupplyPercent>10</AIUnitSupplyPercent>
			<!--<AIInflationPercent>80</AIInflationPercent>-->
			<PortraitIndex>2</PortraitIndex>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Type>HANDICAP_PRINCE</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_HANDICAP_PRINCE</Description>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_HANDICAP_PRINCE_HELP</Help>
			<AdvancedStartPointsMod>100</AdvancedStartPointsMod>
			<HappinessDefault>9</HappinessDefault>
			<NumCitiesUnhappinessMod>100</NumCitiesUnhappinessMod>
			<PopulationUnhappinessMod>100</PopulationUnhappinessMod>
			<Gold>0</Gold>
			<ProductionFreeUnits>5</ProductionFreeUnits>
			<RouteCostPercent>100</RouteCostPercent>
			<UnitCostPercent>100</UnitCostPercent>
			<BuildingCostPercent>100</BuildingCostPercent>
			<PolicyPercent>100</PolicyPercent>
			<CityProductionNumOptionsConsidered>2</CityProductionNumOptionsConsidered>
			<TechNumOptionsConsidered>2</TechNumOptionsConsidered>
			<PolicyNumOptionsConsidered>2</PolicyNumOptionsConsidered>
			<!--<InflationPercent>90</InflationPercent>-->
			<AttitudeChange>-1</AttitudeChange>
			<NoTechTradeModifier>70</NoTechTradeModifier>
			<BarbCampGold>25</BarbCampGold>
			<BarbSpawnMod>0</BarbSpawnMod>
			<BarbarianBonus>33</BarbarianBonus>
			<AIBarbarianBonus>60</AIBarbarianBonus>
			<EarliestBarbarianReleaseTurn>0</EarliestBarbarianReleaseTurn>
			<BarbarianLandTargetRange>5</BarbarianLandTargetRange>
			<BarbarianSeaTargetRange>10</BarbarianSeaTargetRange>
			<AIDeclareWarProb>100</AIDeclareWarProb>
			<AIGrowthPercent>100</AIGrowthPercent>
			<AITrainPercent>100</AITrainPercent>
			<AIWorldTrainPercent>100</AIWorldTrainPercent>
			<AIConstructPercent>100</AIConstructPercent>
			<AIWorldConstructPercent>100</AIWorldConstructPercent>
			<AICreatePercent>100</AICreatePercent>
			<AIWorldCreatePercent>100</AIWorldCreatePercent>
			<AIUnitCostPercent>85</AIUnitCostPercent>
			<AIUnitSupplyPercent>20</AIUnitSupplyPercent>
			<PortraitIndex>3</PortraitIndex>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Type>HANDICAP_KING</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_HANDICAP_KING</Description>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_HANDICAP_KING_HELP</Help>
			<AdvancedStartPointsMod>90</AdvancedStartPointsMod>
			<Gold>0</Gold>
			<!--<InflationPercent>100</InflationPercent>-->
			<NoTechTradeModifier>50</NoTechTradeModifier>
			<BarbarianBonus>25</BarbarianBonus>
			<BarbarianLandTargetRange>5</BarbarianLandTargetRange>
			<BarbarianSeaTargetRange>12</BarbarianSeaTargetRange>
			<AIStartingDefenseUnits>1</AIStartingDefenseUnits>
			<AIWorkRateModifier>20</AIWorkRateModifier>
			<AIUnhappinessPercent>90</AIUnhappinessPercent>
			<AIGrowthPercent>90</AIGrowthPercent>
			<AITrainPercent>85</AITrainPercent>
			<AIConstructPercent>85</AIConstructPercent>
			<AICreatePercent>85</AICreatePercent>
			<AIBuildingCostPercent>85</AIBuildingCostPercent>
			<AIUnitCostPercent>80</AIUnitCostPercent>
			<AIUnitSupplyPercent>30</AIUnitSupplyPercent>
			<AIPerEraModifier>-2</AIPerEraModifier>
			<AIAdvancedStartPercent>120</AIAdvancedStartPercent>
			<PortraitIndex>4</PortraitIndex>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Type>HANDICAP_EMPEROR</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_HANDICAP_EMPEROR</Description>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_HANDICAP_EMPEROR_HELP</Help>
			<AdvancedStartPointsMod>85</AdvancedStartPointsMod>
			<Gold>0</Gold>
			<NoTechTradeModifier>40</NoTechTradeModifier>
			<BarbarianBonus>20</BarbarianBonus>
			<BarbarianLandTargetRange>6</BarbarianLandTargetRange>
			<BarbarianSeaTargetRange>15</BarbarianSeaTargetRange>
			<AIStartingDefenseUnits>1</AIStartingDefenseUnits>
			<AIStartingExploreUnits>1</AIStartingExploreUnits>
			<AIWorkRateModifier>50</AIWorkRateModifier>
			<AIUnhappinessPercent>85</AIUnhappinessPercent>
			<AIGrowthPercent>85</AIGrowthPercent>
			<AITrainPercent>80</AITrainPercent>
			<AIConstructPercent>80</AIConstructPercent>
			<AICreatePercent>80</AICreatePercent>
			<AIBuildingCostPercent>80</AIBuildingCostPercent>
			<AIUnitCostPercent>75</AIUnitCostPercent>
			<AIUnitSupplyPercent>30</AIUnitSupplyPercent>
			<AIPerEraModifier>-3</AIPerEraModifier>
			<AIAdvancedStartPercent>135</AIAdvancedStartPercent>
			<PortraitIndex>5</PortraitIndex>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Type>HANDICAP_IMMORTAL</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_HANDICAP_IMMORTAL</Description>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_HANDICAP_IMMORTAL_HELP</Help>
			<AdvancedStartPointsMod>80</AdvancedStartPointsMod>
			<Gold>0</Gold>
			<NoTechTradeModifier>30</NoTechTradeModifier>
			<BarbarianBonus>10</BarbarianBonus>
			<BarbarianLandTargetRange>7</BarbarianLandTargetRange>
			<BarbarianSeaTargetRange>18</BarbarianSeaTargetRange>
			<AIStartingDefenseUnits>2</AIStartingDefenseUnits>
			<AIStartingWorkerUnits>1</AIStartingWorkerUnits>
			<AIWorkRateModifier>75</AIWorkRateModifier>
			<AIUnhappinessPercent>75</AIUnhappinessPercent>
			<AIGrowthPercent>75</AIGrowthPercent>
			<AITrainPercent>65</AITrainPercent>
			<AIConstructPercent>65</AIConstructPercent>
			<AICreatePercent>65</AICreatePercent>
			<AIBuildingCostPercent>65</AIBuildingCostPercent>
			<AIUnitCostPercent>65</AIUnitCostPercent>
			<AIUnitSupplyPercent>40</AIUnitSupplyPercent>
			<AIPerEraModifier>-4</AIPerEraModifier>
			<AIAdvancedStartPercent>150</AIAdvancedStartPercent>
			<PortraitIndex>6</PortraitIndex>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Type>HANDICAP_DEITY</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_HANDICAP_DEITY</Description>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_HANDICAP_DEITY_HELP</Help>
			<AdvancedStartPointsMod>75</AdvancedStartPointsMod>
			<Gold>0</Gold>
			<NoTechTradeModifier>20</NoTechTradeModifier>
			<BarbarianBonus>0</BarbarianBonus>
			<BarbarianLandTargetRange>8</BarbarianLandTargetRange>
			<BarbarianSeaTargetRange>20</BarbarianSeaTargetRange>
			<AIStartingUnitMultiplier>1</AIStartingUnitMultiplier>
			<AIStartingDefenseUnits>2</AIStartingDefenseUnits>
			<AIStartingWorkerUnits>2</AIStartingWorkerUnits>
			<AIWorkRateModifier>100</AIWorkRateModifier>
			<AIUnhappinessPercent>60</AIUnhappinessPercent>
			<AIGrowthPercent>60</AIGrowthPercent>
			<AITrainPercent>50</AITrainPercent>
			<AIConstructPercent>50</AIConstructPercent>
			<AICreatePercent>50</AICreatePercent>
			<AIBuildingCostPercent>50</AIBuildingCostPercent>
			<AIUnitCostPercent>50</AIUnitCostPercent>
			<AIUnitSupplyPercent>50</AIUnitSupplyPercent>
			<AIPerEraModifier>-5</AIPerEraModifier>
			<AIAdvancedStartPercent>170</AIAdvancedStartPercent>
			<PortraitIndex>7</PortraitIndex>
		</Row>
	</HandicapInfos>

In particular, for prince: <AIUnhappinessPercent>100</AIUnhappinessPercent>

The AI does get some bonuses on that level (unit costs and upgrade cost) but that's only because they're horrible at managing those.

Going for happiness! I doubt you keep up with the AI in happiness. I wonder if you could display some proof of that. :confused::yeah:

Of course I don't have proof. I don't take screenshots every time the list pops up. I guess I'm lying.

Because the AI cheats, cheats, cheats... And then it cheats some more...

Remember this game is only 50% finished

The AI cheats like mad in every single Grand Strategy of any note...it has nothing to do with the game being finished or not (though it wasn't)

In fact the AI cheats worse in every other iteration of the Civ series, galciv, moo, the paradox games, et cetera, et cetera

The AI cheats like mad in every single Grand Strategy of any note...it has nothing to do with the game being finished or not (though it wasn't)

In fact the AI cheats worse in every other iteration of the Civ series, galciv, moo, the paradox games, et cetera, et cetera

True, but the AI happiness cheat in Civ V is very unbalancing. It allows the AI's to spam cities like crazy with no repercussions...

Of course I don't have proof. I don't take screenshots every time the list pops up. I guess I'm lying.

Why lie it's only a game? :confused:

You're the one who doubted my claim and asked for proof. Next game I play, I'll screenshot every list of happy faces for you.

Top Bottom